Brohm

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Call me crazy, but I think this whole thing was the plan a along. I think that the Bills knew that unless Jauron made a hugh turn around he was gone by week 8. It doesn't make sense that Nix would leave San Diego as a assistance GM for a director of scouting position with the Bills. He was told once Jauron flopps it's your team, just play along. I think the front office knew that it was a long shot that they were going to land Cowher or one the other big names. So Nix was brought in to take over, he already had Gailey ready to go and in this pocket. ( I can't remember ever hearding Gaily's name mentioned as a possible coaching candiate, he just came out of no where). the bills played the game, interviewed a black candiate, interviewed Fewell to save some face. All the other candiates refused to interview because they knew Gaily was the man all along and nobody wanted to look foolish. Bill cowher recommended him so people in buffalo would accept it better. Gailey being in college recently and from the south, must of spotted Brohm, liked in as a player and told Nix that's who he wants, so the Bills went out and picked him up, telling Brohm there plan so he would leave the packers even after the pac attempt to sign him once the bills made a move for him. Then they didn't draft a Qb, because Brohm was the man all along. I also think that Fewell was told not to play Brohm unless it 100% needed, just so he didn't get hurt, and screw up Nix and Gailys plan. Why won't they play Brohm last year? They said it was because he didn't have enough time to learn the plays and that true, but the Bills were going no where last year when he came, if he crapped the bed, big deal. I think it would have been more important to get him some hands on game experence and timing with current player. If Brohm is named the starter call me a genius, if it trent, call me goat. I'll take goat for now.

That's too much of a conspiracy theory for me. I do buy into the Nix tale. I believe he was brought in to be GM all along. He was just observing on the sidelines. :beer:

Are you kidding? The braintrust of this team doesn't even have the capacity to think that deep.

I thought that at first, but the more I think about it the more it fits into place. Ralph and company might not know crap about football, but he knows how to put peolpe in the seats with sub par talent. Me included.

Call me crazy, but I think this whole thing was the plan a along. I think that the Bills knew that unless Jauron made a hugh turn around he was gone by week 8. It doesn't make sense that Nix would leave San Diego as a assistance GM for a director of scouting position with the Bills. He was told once Jauron flopps it's your team, just play along. I think the front office knew that it was a long shot that they were going to land Cowher or one the other big names. So Nix was brought in to take over, he already had Gailey ready to go and in this pocket. ( I can't remember ever hearding Gaily's name mentioned as a possible coaching candiate, he just came out of no where). the bills played the game, interviewed a black candiate, interviewed Fewell to save some face. All the other candiates refused to interview because they knew Gaily was the man all along and nobody wanted to look foolish. Bill cowher recommended him so people in buffalo would accept it better. Gailey being in college recently and from the south, must of spotted Brohm, liked in as a player and told Nix that's who he wants, so the Bills went out and picked him up, telling Brohm there plan so he would leave the packers even after the pac attempt to sign him once the bills made a move for him. Then they didn't draft a Qb, because Brohm was the man all along. I also think that Fewell was told not to play Brohm unless it 100% needed, just so he didn't get hurt, and screw up Nix and Gailys plan. Why won't they play Brohm last year? They said it was because he didn't have enough time to learn the plays and that true, but the Bills were going no where last year when he came, if he crapped the bed, big deal. I think it would have been more important to get him some hands on game experence and timing with current player. If Brohm is named the starter call me a genius, if it trent, call me goat. I'll take goat for now.

All that could be false and Brohm could still be the starter simply because he won the job. Not everything is aresut of a secret master plan. His becoming the starter wouldn't validate your logic here.

All that could be false and Brohm could still be the starter simply because he won the job. Not everything is aresut of a secret master plan. His becoming the starter wouldn't validate your logic here.

Thank you, some reason in all this din of hate....

If we start Brohm its because we want the top pick next year for a QB like Locker... the guy was a PRACTICE SQUADDER!!!! you people should realize that he is horribly raw and we won't win 4 games with him... OTOH either Fitz or TE will deliver us at least 7 W's or more....

The thing that really irks me about all this hating is that everyone agrees we had a crap OC, a crap HC, NO QBC, and for whatever reason and injury plagued season.... If each of those major blows only equal a single win each then the bills "should" have made the playoffs last year.... we don't know yet what we have here, but I am POSITIVE that we have a better staff on offense and possibly no worse on defense, and the switch to the 3-4 I really like.... now for all that crappiness on the coaching staff, is it any wonder all our QB's sucked last year? It couldn't have been the patchwork line, lame play calling, or poor decision making on the sidelines that ruined TE or Fitz....or even JP for that matter... now could it?

I just wish everyone would stop throwing the baby out with the bathwater. QB's take 2-4 years to develop occasional 5... bad QB play is not always the result of an untalented QB....

GO BILLS!

Thank you, some reason in all this din of hate....

If we start Brohm its because we want the top pick next year for a QB like Locker... the guy was a PRACTICE SQUADDER!!!! you people should realize that he is horribly raw and we won't win 4 games with him... OTOH either Fitz or TE will deliver us at least 7 W's or more....

The thing that really irks me about all this hating is that everyone agrees we had a crap OC, a crap HC, NO QBC, and for whatever reason and injury plagued season.... If each of those major blows only equal a single win each then the bills "should" have made the playoffs last year.... we don't know yet what we have here, but I am POSITIVE that we have a better staff on offense and possibly no worse on defense, and the switch to the 3-4 I really like.... now for all that crappiness on the coaching staff, is it any wonder all our QB's sucked last year? It couldn't have been the patchwork line, lame play calling, or poor decision making on the sidelines that ruined TE or Fitz....or even JP for that matter... now could it?

I just wish everyone would stop throwing the baby out with the bathwater. QB's take 2-4 years to develop occasional 5... bad QB play is not always the result of an untalented QB....

GO BILLS!

The thing is, I dont understand why people discount Brohm because he was the 3rd qb in GB. The only reason he was on the practice squad was that GB only kept 2 qbs on the active roster. From what I heard he lacked confidence in GB, which is understandable when you're that highly regarded one year, drop to 2nd round the next, and then wind up behind Aaron Rodgers, which pretty much gives you no hope of ever starting on that team.

From what I've seen, he seems like he has the skills, and his 1-2 years of lost confidence would be easier to bring back than TE's... how many years has it been?

Only one more month to discuss it on here now...

The thing is, I dont understand why people discount Brohm because he was the 3rd qb in GB. The only reason he was on the practice squad was that GB only kept 2 qbs on the active roster. From what I heard he lacked confidence in GB, which is understandable when you're that highly regarded one year, drop to 2nd round the next, and then wind up behind Aaron Rodgers, which pretty much gives you no hope of ever starting on that team.

From what I've seen, he seems like he has the skills, and his 1-2 years of lost confidence would be easier to bring back than TE's... how many years has it been?

Only one more month to discuss it on here now...

You could be right. My take is once a QB loses his confidence it is very hard to recover from that. Not impossible but very difficult, One name comes to mind is Vince Young. This is one of many reasons why I don't like Trent.

I really think it's way too early to start getting on the Brohm bandwagon...

Even if Edwards starts the season, he will go down to injury again, and that will be enough for # 2 or # 3 to step in.

Didn't Ryan Fitzpatrick outplay Edwards down the stretch last year?

I have to agree that Edwards will, sooner rather than later, get hurt, which brings in #2, Brohm. Fitz did not outplay Edwards last year; he was a different bad. I don't know if Brohm will be the answer, but I think we will find out by October or November. Then we will all know if we need to spend next year's #1 on a starting QB. Until then, it is mental masturbation. But that can be fun, too.

It would be easy to call this crazy, but I don't think it is far off.

The major difference I see is that I don't believe Gailey was in the equation and/or made the call for the Brohm move.

I think Nix was definitely brought here to take over at GM and run the show once Dickie floundered. I think it was Nix that wanted Brohm. I have heard that Nix has deep ties to schools in the south, and that he was a big reason we picked up Nelson and Wood. GB was trying to get away with one hiding Brohm on the PS. They needed extra depth at OL, so they only carried 2 QBs. After a brief preseason, in which he had serious confidence issues, Brohm was the one they thought they could stash on the PS.

I don't remember the exact amount that Brohm is making, but it is millions...he is not here for the league minimum. GB matching that offer is significant, although it is continually downplayed by posters. The kid was a highly recruited HS QB, and was very successful in college. He has the tools, and unlike TE or RF, he looks like a QB.

I hope he wins the job, and gives us something to cheer for.

It would be easy to call this crazy, but I don't think it is far off.

The major difference I see is that I don't believe Gailey was in the equation and/or made the call for the Brohm move.

I think Nix was definitely brought here to take over at GM and run the show once Dickie floundered. I think it was Nix that wanted Brohm. I have heard that Nix has deep ties to schools in the south, and that he was a big reason we picked up Nelson and Wood. GB was trying to get away with one hiding Brohm on the PS. They needed extra depth at OL, so they only carried 2 QBs. After a brief preseason, in which he had serious confidence issues, Brohm was the one they thought they could stash on the PS.

I don't remember the exact amount that Brohm is making, but it is millions...he is not here for the league minimum. GB matching that offer is significant, although it is continually downplayed by posters. The kid was a highly recruited HS QB, and was very successful in college. He has the tools, and unlike TE or RF, he looks like a QB.

I hope he wins the job, and gives us something to cheer for.

Amen

Gailey was on the grassy knoll all along. I knew it. :beer:

This makes alot of sense and it's hard to believe that with all the 'sources from deep within the organization' that post on TBD, nobody ever thought of this theory. ---Don't call yourself goat just yet. Trent may in fact be the day 1 starter and Bohm will be waiting in the shadows for Trent to take an inevidible injury and then he'll step in, finish out the season and we release Trent at the end of the year. ---Brohm starting with Levi Brown continuing to be groomed for the future. I like it. :beer:

Green Bay was not "hiding" Brohm anywhere or trying to "sneak" him on the practice squad. The only reason he was on the practice squad was because he cleared waivers after Green Bay threw him out there for free and had no takers. No matter how you Brohm fans spin it, the truth is Green Bay & the rest of the NFL thought he was garbage, otherwise someone would have claimed him. Second round picks cut their second year do not fly under the radar. I've seen plenty of excuses why Brohm was cut but the only real one is-Green Bay didn't give a rat's @ss if they lost him for nothing and nobody else cared enough to put in a waiver claim for him. Spin it any other way but that's the reality. If he "wins" the Bills job all it means is there is no NFL QB on this roster.

Personally, my guess is when the season is over, Fitzpatrick will have the most starts and we'll head into the offseason with the same QB situation we headed into this offseason-no quality starting QB on the roster. The only difference will be both Edwards' & Brohm's contracts will be up (if not sooner) and they'll be looking to bring in a legitimate NFL QB for 2011, even if he is a rookie.

Green Bay was not "hiding" Brohm anywhere or trying to "sneak" him on the practice squad. The only reason he was on the practice squad was because he cleared waivers after Green Bay threw him out there for free and had no takers. No matter how you Brohm fans spin it, the truth is Green Bay & the rest of the NFL thought he was garbage, otherwise someone would have claimed him. Second round picks cut their second year do not fly under the radar. I've seen plenty of excuses why Brohm was cut but the only real one is-Green Bay didn't give a rat's @ss if they lost him for nothing and nobody else cared enough to put in a waiver claim for him. Spin it any other way but that's the reality. If he "wins" the Bills job all it means is there is no NFL QB on this roster.

Sometimes they do overlook talent. Warner was playing in the arena league. Our own Fred Jackson was in NFL Europe. Those are only two examples, there are more. So sometimes a player's talent shows up later. Maybe that will be true for Brohm, too.

Nix retired/resigned from the Chargers in April of 2008. The Bills hired him in January of 2009.

Personally, my guess is when the season is over, Fitzpatrick will have the most starts and we'll head into the offseason with the same QB situation we headed into this offseason-no quality starting QB on the roster. The only difference will be both Edwards' & Brohm's contracts will be up (if not sooner) and they'll be looking to bring in a legitimate NFL QB for 2011, even if he is a rookie.

So then, why did Green Bay match the Bills' offer, if he was "garbage?" They had the great Matt Flynn as backup QB.