Brohm

Is there really not a up to date thread discussing the fact that Brohm has potentially emerged as a strong possibility at starting QB?

Even Gailey suggested that he had made some giant strides. I still think Edwards is going to be #1 in this ridiculous pecking order Gailey has set up for training camp. But, I have a feeling that Brohm is going to start at least 10 games this season.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds to me like Gailey probably had penciled in Edwards as #1 but now Brohm has him thinking again.

I think that is about right. Part of him has to feel like giving Brohm a chance. He has more physical gifts than Edwards. And it sounds like has been making all the right throws. Trent has always looked a lot better in practice than in games. And I think the coaches know that.

Call me crazy, but I think this whole thing was the plan a along. I think that the Bills knew that unless Jauron made a hugh turn around he was gone by week 8. It doesn't make sense that Nix would leave San Diego as a assistance GM for a director of scouting position with the Bills. He was told once Jauron flopps it's your team, just play along. I think the front office knew that it was a long shot that they were going to land Cowher or one the other big names. So Nix was brought in to take over, he already had Gailey ready to go and in this pocket. ( I can't remember ever hearding Gaily's name mentioned as a possible coaching candiate, he just came out of no where). the bills played the game, interviewed a black candiate, interviewed Fewell to save some face. All the other candiates refused to interview because they knew Gaily was the man all along and nobody wanted to look foolish. Bill cowher recommended him so people in buffalo would accept it better. Gailey being in college recently and from the south, must of spotted Brohm, liked in as a player and told Nix that's who he wants, so the Bills went out and picked him up, telling Brohm there plan so he would leave the packers even after the pac attempt to sign him once the bills made a move for him. Then they didn't draft a Qb, because Brohm was the man all along. I also think that Fewell was told not to play Brohm unless it 100% needed, just so he didn't get hurt, and screw up Nix and Gailys plan. Why won't they play Brohm last year? They said it was because he didn't have enough time to learn the plays and that true, but the Bills were going no where last year when he came, if he crapped the bed, big deal. I think it would have been more important to get him some hands on game experence and timing with current player. If Brohm is named the starter call me a genius, if it trent, call me goat. I'll take goat for now.

Call me crazy, but I think this whole thing was the plan a along. I think that the Bills knew that unless Jauron made a hugh turn around he was gone by week 8. It doesn't make sense that Nix would leave San Diego as a assistance GM for a director of scouting position with the Bills. He was told once Jauron flopps it's your team, just play along. I think the front office knew that it was a long shot that they were going to land Cowher or one the other big names. So Nix was brought in to take over, he already had Gailey ready to go and in this pocket. ( I can't remember ever hearding Gaily's name mentioned as a possible coaching candiate, he just came out of no where). the bills played the game, interviewed a black candiate, interviewed Fewell to save some face. All the other candiates refused to interview because they knew Gaily was the man all along and nobody wanted to look foolish. Bill cowher recommended him so people in buffalo would accept it better. Gailey being in college recently and from the south, must of spotted Brohm, liked in as a player and told Nix that's who he wants, so the Bills went out and picked him up, telling Brohm there plan so he would leave the packers even after the pac attempt to sign him once the bills made a move for him. Then they didn't draft a Qb, because Brohm was the man all along. I also think that Fewell was told not to play Brohm unless it 100% needed, just so he didn't get hurt, and screw up Nix and Gailys plan. Why won't they play Brohm last year? They said it was because he didn't have enough time to learn the plays and that true, but the Bills were going no where last year when he came, if he crapped the bed, big deal. I think it would have been more important to get him some hands on game experence and timing with current player. If Brohm is named the starter call me a genius, if it trent, call me goat. I'll take goat for now.

Are you kidding? The braintrust of this team doesn't even have the capacity to think that deep.

Let me guess, you watched a lot of X-Files and think there was a second gunman.

Are you kidding? The braintrust of this team doesn't even have the capacity to think that deep.

Or maybe that's what they want you to think? You see, it's all part of their master plan :thumbsup:

I actually thought of something similar to this as well... but thought it was too crazy to be true. For now, I'll just let it sit in the back of my head, and when the master plan works out, then we'll all be happy.

Its all a conspiracy

yes gailey was in the south (SEC) but I believe Lousville is a Big East team

Is there really not a up to date thread discussing the fact that Brohm has potentially emerged as a strong possibility at starting QB?

Even Gailey suggested that he had made some giant strides. I still think Edwards is going to be #1 in this ridiculous pecking order Gailey has set up for training camp. But, I have a feeling that Brohm is going to start at least 10 games this season.

Oh boy...a fellow who dropped like a rock in the draft, served up by the team that drafted him (yes - I know they matched the Bills' offer), his last national press being reports of boozing it up in Fla. :beer:

Hope he can be the one - not much, so far. I guess there is no straw too small to grasp. It's our curse. :beer:

Well done. I agree with everything, except:

1. Black coach interview - I really dont think they interviewed Fewell because he was the interim head coach.

2. I dont think getting him potentially hurt, under that awful O-Line last year, was at all necessary seeing as though they're rebuilding.

But well put, great theory

Oh boy...a fellow who dropped like a rock in the draft, served up by the team that drafted him (yes - I know they matched the Bills' offer), his last national press being reports of boozing it up in Fla. :beer:

Hope he can be the one - not much, so far. I guess there is no straw too small to grasp. It's our curse. :beer:

national report of him boozing it up in Florida? link/source/cite?

in any event, I can recall another Bills QB who famously boozed it up...hint, he wore #12

I believe there is a distinct possibility that Brohm may be the starter after the first six games. When your 1-5 or 0-6 you don't have anything to loose.

2 shots: Bills 0-10 then he gets benched, or how many games do they play in the UFL?

Call me crazy, but I think... If Brohm is named the starter call me a genius, if it trent, call me goat.

ok c.c., have it your way. you're a crazy genius goat ! :beer:

yep, i definitely think buddy got brohm in here to play. they just didn't know when he'd be ready to contribute. agreed, he seems to have the "tools" to play. his deep ball rocks- ok, that only gets him to JP level.. but he seems to be accurate on crossing routes as well. only thing is, he's as green as cheektowaga grass, and that makes him more prone to mistakes.

the thing that really stands out would be his throwing mechanics, vs. the other 2 competitors.

Fitz- has to set fast and really PUSH off his back foot to get a throw where it needs to be. that said, he seems to set up pretty quick.

Trent- just holds the ball by his ear and then tries to twist his torso fast and whip the ball out there. bit...

Brohm- seems to casually invoke his entire body the instant he wants to throw, and makes it look so natural it's striking.

haven't watched Brown that closely, but he seems to be a pretty natural passer too.

the other thing that could give Brohm the edge is his attitude. like he cares, but he doesn't. i mean he'll work hard and give it all he's got, but in the end, not worry about it. Trent seems more like a worrier and that can really work against a QB.

then again, anything can happen in camp and preseason. but it's not so bad being a goat. they had one on South Park, and everyone thought it was Stevie Nix ! (if it worked for her, why not Buddy??)

~AS

Even if Edwards starts the season, he will go down to injury again, and that will be enough for # 2 or # 3 to step in.

Didn't Ryan Fitzpatrick outplay Edwards down the stretch last year?

national report of him boozing it up in Florida? link/source/cite?

in any event, I can recall another Bills QB who famously boozed it up...hint, he wore #12

........hummm....I can recall many a time in my youth over-indulging myself with spirits. I guess

that's a crime? It's youthful indiscretion, unless of course, it goes beyond one's youth.