WR Spots Wide Open

H2o

Despite Gailey saying he'll keep 5 on the roster. I think he'll ultimately keep 6. Here's my guess at the 6 roster spots:

Roster: Lee Evans, Steve Johnson, Marcus Easley, Felton Huggins, Chad Jackson, David Nelson

Practice Squad: Naaman Roosevelt

Gone: Roscoe Parrish, James Hardy, Donald Jones

Evans is untouchable. If case you haven't noticed, he's the only proven NFL WR we currently have on the roster. I'm high on some of the young guys, especially Stevie Johnson, but they are no where near Evans' class. At no point during this season will Evans' #1 status be in jeopardy.

Just because a guy knows he's the locked #1 WR doesn't mean he's all of a sudden going to slack off. Evans has never done this in the past so why would he start now?

I agree. Evans is a lock for 2010. But he's GOT to start to put up some serious numbers. He IS untouchable (THIS year).

Despite Gailey saying he'll keep 5 on the roster. I think he'll ultimately keep 6. Here's my guess at the 6 roster spots:

Roster: Lee Evans, Steve Johnson, Marcus Easley, Felton Huggins, Chad Jackson, David Nelson

:beer:LOLOLOLOl

I agree. Evans is a lock for 2010. But he's GOT to start to put up some serious numbers. He IS untouchable (THIS year).

Numbers completely dependent on who is throwing the ball. Jerry frickin Rice wouldn't put up any numbers in the pop-gun offense we've been running the past few seasons.

You honestly think that Huggins and Nelson will bump Hardy off the list. Let alone Chad Jackson. As a Hardy fan, I hope he does get cut. Maybe he will land with the a team thats has a QB. There would be multible teams after him.

You honestly think that Huggins and Nelson will bump Hardy off the list. Let alone Chad Jackson. As a Hardy fan, I hope he does get cut. Maybe he will land with the a team thats has a QB. There would be multible teams after him.

From what I have seen from Hardy so far, I would put him at the bottom of the ten receiver depth chart.

Yeah Chazbb, I think Huggins should have made the team for the last two years.

From what I have seen from Hardy so far, I would put him at the bottom of the ten receiver depth chart.

I would tend to agree. Take a guy like Huggins -- 4.4 speed, 6'2", seems to have great hands and has made some nice grabs in practices. Here's a guy -- much like Steve Johnson -- who IMO has suffered from coaches who couldn't/wouldn't utilize his potential. I think the young talent on this team merely needs a CHANCE to showcase themselves -- something the past coaching staff didn't do. I would not be at all surprised to see Huggins make the cut instead of Hardy.

Does you being a Hardy fan supersede you being a "Bills fan"(I am making that assumption because this is a Bills board). If so please go find another team

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL

The above is supposedly gathered from this article below. Don't see anything about Nelson being "ahead" of Easley.

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/201...ard+(BillBoard)

Step one: grab poop.

Step two: throw at wall.

Step three: see what sticks.

PTR

Lee Evans might be the weakest WR of the bunch... think about it...

Steve Johnson- He IS the Fred Jackson of the WR bunch, affordable, good lookin, hard workin, HEART, and good hands.

Easley- big boy, high praise, talented.

Hardy- big boy, hurt/hasn't had a chance nor good coaching on the NFL level, high draft pick; darkhorse potential.

Ros'Ko- Speed/elusiveness, all the talk is about him thus far in pre-season; the jitterbug?

PS- Freddie catches the ball. Spiller will catch the ball. Nelson should have the ball thrown his way this year. Stupar should be on this team (in some capacity), as he has HANDS.

Lee Evans- Speedy, but can never get open. Overpaid (but keeps his mouth SHUT). Have we ever said "build a team around THIS guy, and a championship shall come?" No.

I've heard so much about you trolls. What is it like?

Is there a difference? Can someone with no talent have potential?

Yyyyyyyeah. I could name 100 guys in the last ten years who everybody went on about their potential at OTAs and minicamps who never made the team or any team. Those guys had potential, but never turned it into talent.

One good example was that tall reciever who had played with Roethlisberger in college and absolutely lit up the practice fields and pre-season games with us in Buffalo. I forget his name. He became a huge fan favorite, and it was widely predicted that he'd be starting soon. He was cut and never surfaced again. Recievers often look good when nobody's slamming them in the ribs when they catch balls and nobody is jamming them at the line.

Anybody remember his name?

He's untouchable as long as he's on the team, at least until his skill start to degrade with age. Not because he's somehow exempt from competition, but because he's head and shoulders above anyone else on the team and is likely to continue to be so for another several years. He also works like a dog, so he will never be a problem

As Dean said, he's a lock, and will continue to be so for years, simply because he's excellent.

He's untouchable as long as he's on the team, at least until his skill start to degrade with age. Not because he's somehow exempt from competition, but because he's head and shoulders above anyone else on the team and is likely to continue to be so for another several years. He also works like a dog, so he will never be a problem

As Dean said, he's a lock, and will continue to be so for years, simply because he's excellent.

You and Dean are probably correct. I just want to see that big year from him. Maybe this will be the year. I like Evans -- I really do -- I just want to see more production there.

Yyyyyyyeah. I could name 100 guys in the last ten years who everybody went on about their potential at OTAs and minicamps who never made the team or any team. Those guys had potential, but never turned it into talent.

One good example was that tall reciever who had played with Roethlisberger in college and absolutely lit up the practice fields and pre-season games with us in Buffalo. I forget his name. He became a huge fan favorite, and it was widely predicted that he'd be starting soon. He was cut and never surfaced again. Recievers often look good when nobody's slamming them in the ribs when they catch balls and nobody is jamming them at the line.

Anybody remember his name?

Martin Nance?