what's for lunch??

Just finished my appetizer - 2 slices of beefsteak tomato with some fresh mozzarella topped with balsamic, cracked black pepper and fresh basil.

For the main course, some grilled teriyaki (sp?) marinated chicken boobs with steamed broccoli and corn cut off the cob. What say you?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1/2 oz. corn flakes. 4 fluid oz. skim milk. 9 All-Bran fiber crackers with one 2% cheese slice. One generic Caltrate 600mg calcium pill, 7 gm. walnut halves (2 or 3 pieces).

Milwaukee Ice beer and Winston Lights.

Man, you're out there.

Man, you're out there.

I wish I wasn't...sooner or later, you gotta pay the piper. I fondly remember the halcyon days of a half a pound of bacon and a third a loaf of Italian bread. :thumbsup:

Blood glucose levels have been rising in the past few years. The last thing I need to add to my sorry carcass is Type 2 diabetes (being fond of my eyesight and my limbs), so I've knocked my carbs way down. I try to keep them at a 100 grams or so (not including my beloved beer) A struggle - but I will add...if you want to lose weight, that's the ticket.

Slice of pizza and Rita's Swedish Fish flavored water ice. Incredible.

Woah...sounds legit!

Homemade you say?

Yep.

It's nothing too complicated. Just mince tomato, onion and jalapeno pepper. Natural juices come from all three ingredients, and you can add a splash of water if you want more moisture. Add a few squeezes of lime juice (or lemon if that's what you have available) and cilantro to taste. Enjoy.

salad....saving the good stuff for the weekend

Good move. :thumbsup:

I don't grill much, but weather permitting, Sunday, I'm dragging out the charcoal grill for a rib eye, roasted corn and mushrooms. Little new potatoes butterflied, slathered with crisping butter and spices in the oven. Then toasted marshmallows over the embers.

Yep.

It's nothing too complicated. Just mince tomato, onion and jalapeno pepper. Natural juices come from all three ingredients, and you can add a splash of water if you want more moisture. Add a few squeezes of lime juice (or lemon if that's what you have available) and cilantro to taste. Enjoy.

Word. What kind of rice you using?

I try to stay away from most extreme sugar sources, but Rita's is an exception every time I travel to Philly or Boston. Stuff can't be beat.

They put one in Buffalo and it closed down after one season. :thumbsup:

Rita's is the truth. They had a special going on around Easter when they had Peeps-flavored ice. Awesome.