Bust of Churchill Returned By King Obama?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A bit of a insult? I can't see why he would do this. One of the greatest hero's ever and this hack has the balls to disrespect so much? Whatever Winston crapped out after fajita night would be a better leader than Obama

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/...to-Britain.html

King Obama? Dear Lord.

Really this is the biggest non-story EVER!!!

King Obama? Dear Lord.

Really this is the biggest non-story EVER!!!

Think so? Good indication of Obama's character or lack of it. Also reflects on his lack of diplomatic skills. Pissing off the Brits for no reason at all. Not that there going to get too bent over it but still why is it necessary? He's just dumb. And as distasteful as it is, he is the president so that makes it a story.

this is terrible!!! How unamerican to put a bust of Abe Lincoln in the oval office

That office is small. No way there's room for two busts in there.

Actually, this is old news. One of the very first things Obama did when moving in to the Oval Office was move out the Churchill bust. It got a little air time, but back then, Obama could have taken a dump on the WH lawn at high noon and the press would have ignored it.

And pBills, while it may be a non-story to you doesn't mean it's a non-story overseas. The Obama love is fading fast over there, and this just adds insult to stupidity.

Actually, this is old news. One of the very first things Obama did when moving in to the Oval Office was move out the Churchill bust. It got a little air time, but back then, Obama could have taken a dump on the WH lawn at high noon and the press would have ignored it.

And pBills, while it may be a non-story to you doesn't mean it's a non-story overseas. The Obama love is fading fast over there, and this just adds insult to stupidity.

I heard he also changed the curtains

It's probably a non-story overseas, given that the linked article is sixteen months old. Right now, Obama's rhetoric w/r/t BP and his de factp attack on the British pensioners are of FAR more concern in England than a bust of ol' Winston.

It's probably a non-story overseas, given that the linked article is sixteen months old. Right now, Obama's rhetoric w/r/t BP and his de factp attack on the British pensioners are of FAR more concern in England than a bust of ol' Winston.

I just heard about it. New to me. Does it make a difference? Not a huge deal I know but speaks a lot of his respect for countries that are supposed to be our friend.

I just heard about it. New to me. Does it make a difference? Not a huge deal I know but speaks a lot of his respect for countries that are supposed to be our friend.

I heard he's going to replace it with a bust of UK goalkeeper Robert Green.

He returned an art object that had been given by Blair to Bush as a personal gesture (Bush mentioned at his inauguration that Churchill was a personal hero, and he had no bust of him to put in the Oval Office).

It's not like he returned the Resolute desk or Diego Garcia or something.

This is non-story for the simple fact that in a week if not less time than that no one here or overseas will care.

Actually, the BP story has given it new legs. Both the bust and the embarrassingly thoughtless gifts given to the Queen and the Brown family are being served up as background in pieces calling into question how the Obama administration values the relationship.

you know There's something about a thread that starts out talking about

a guy whos been dead since 1965 crapping out fajitas that hooks you

We shall crap the beaches, we shall crap on the landing grounds, we shall crap in the fields and in the streets, we shall crap in the hills...