Chris Brown

iommi

I know Chris's views are somewhat debatable on this board, as some view him more as a Bill's mouthpiece. But, I have always appreciated the insight he provides to position battles etc. Nothing earth shattering but I caught this after reading his Fan Friday update.

"With respect to the offense I think Chan Gailey is going to need to be very creative to get chunk yardage plays this year. I believe we’ll see a heavy emphasis on running the ball because to this point no quarterback has definitively demonstrated that they deserve the starting job."

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/06/11/fan-friday-6-11/

I know Chris's views are somewhat debatable on this board, as some view him more as a Bill's mouthpiece. But, I have always appreciated the insight he provides to position battles etc. Nothing earth shattering but I caught this after reading his Fan Friday update.

"With respect to the offense I think Chan Gailey is going to need to be very creative to get chunk yardage plays this year. I believe we’ll see a heavy emphasis on running the ball because to this point no quarterback has definitively demonstrated that they deserve the starting job."

Nothing we aren't already aware of.

It's 7 on 7. Do you really think Gailey would make a decision on his QB based on 7-7 practice drills????

What amazes me is when anyone ever criticizes Chris Brown for what he reports. He IS the mouth piece for the Bills. He is not an objective reporter, he's a PR guy... that's his job. I can at least understand ripping apart the analysis of an actual sports reporter or even a commentator (ergo Buffalo News and WGR, respectively). Chris Brown, regardless of his alleged title, is not a sports reporter currently. He was... but is no longer.

What amazes me is when anyone ever criticizes Chris Brown for what he reports. He IS the mouth piece for the Bills. He is not an objective reporter, he's a PR guy... that's his job. I can at least understand ripping apart the analysis of an actual sports reporter or even a commentator (ergo Buffalo News and WGR, respectively). Chris Brown, regardless of his alleged title, is not a sports reporter currently. He was... but is no longer.

Like him or not, I think what he said is "spot on." In other words, we don't have a QB so we have to run the ball. That is why teams will load the box and squat the short routes. Thus, forcing us to beat them with intermediate and long passes. We don't have the OL like the Jets or Ravens who say were going to run the ball and you can't stop us. Hope Chan can work his magic...

Chris Brown is not an actual journalist. His "analysis" and "predictions" are wrong about 90% of the time. The only thing Brown has is access as a member of the organization and he consistently wastes his access by refusing to ask real questions.

Chris Brown is not an actual journalist. His "analysis" and "predictions" are wrong about 90% of the time. The only thing Brown has is access as a member of the organization and he consistently wastes his access by refusing to ask real questions.

Brown IS a mouthpiece for the Bills. It's his job. That's not a secret. That doesn't make him a bad guy.

PTR

Brown IS a mouthpiece for the Bills. It's his job. That's not a secret. That doesn't make him a bad guy.

PTR

Agreed.

It also doesn't mean he doesn't do his job well. He has certain parameters he has to work within. He has to be judged within those parameters.

You don't go comparing him to Michael Lewis, David Halberstam, or John Feinstein.

There is no apostrophe in Bills. Ever.

PS: I don't mean to harp on such things. We all make mistakes. But this is a simple one to correct.

I agree with the content of your original post.

No way, the Bills QB's suck?!?! Clausen will be the Panthers starting by week 5 and will be the eventual ROY and Trent will continue her lackluster play and get hurt by week 6. Fitz will spell him and remind us all that he sucks. He'll be cut by week 10 and replaced by Brohm who will throw for 130 0 td"s and 2 int's in his next start. Trent comes back from injury and reminds us all that he sucks again. Levi Brown starts the last game of the year and has a decent game leading the 4-11 Bills to a meaningless win against the Jets who are sitting 8 defensive starters sitting on an AFC East title.

Chris Brown is a genius!

No way, the Bills QB's suck?!?! Clausen will be the Panthers starting by week 5 and will be the eventual ROY and Trent will continue her lackluster play and get hurt by week 6. Fitz will spell him and remind us all that he sucks. He'll be cut by week 10 and replaced by Brohm who will throw for 130 0 td"s and 2 int's in his next start. Trent comes back from injury and reminds us all that he sucks again. Levi Brown starts the last game of the year and has a decent game leading the 4-11 Bills to a meaningless win against the Jets who are sitting 8 defensive starters sitting on an AFC East title.

Chris Brown is a genius!

This board needs a feature where you can save a post for review at the end of the season.