***OFFICIAL WORLD CUP 2010 THREAD***

ajzepp

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get this feeling about this US team. They remind me of the 1980 hockey team. I can't put my finger on it. They just have that je ne sais quoi. But they got it. I am just saying

This team has it!

!@#$ you refs! !@#$ you FIFA!

All pumped up and it is only noon!

Dude, I stayed up all night cause I was so afraid I wasn't going to get up in time for the game, lol. I'm about to hit 24 hr of being awake, and in the words of Pat Croce, "I feel, GREAT!"

What an EPIC victory!!!!

For those of you complaining about how boring the games have been, the last couple of USA games have made up for that.

I came into this World Cup saying that the US team would need to do something big to truly earn my support (besides just the patriotic pride of rooting for the national team). They did it...I'm on the wagon.

Dude, I stayed up all night cause I was so afraid I wasn't going to get up in time for the game, lol. I'm about to hit 24 hr of being awake, and in the words of Pat Croce, "I feel, GREAT!"

What an EPIC victory!!!!

You´re never allowed to say anything bad about Donovan ever again. :w00t:

I cannot BELIEVE THAT FINISH!!! I'll never hack on Donovan again..that guy is my damn HERO!!!!

Holy crap, I'm so glad I got to see this!!!

Who was it earlier in the thread that said they had some feelings about this team being a little like the '80 hockey team? Pete, maybe? This was as clutch as it GETS! Time after time after time we have chances, but came up just a little short or else got screwed by the refs yet again. We keep pressing and FINALLY the damn thing goes in!!! Holy COW!!!!

haha

I just saw this post now.

Hell Yeah!!!

I will never forget that goal for the rest of my life. One of my favorite sports moments of all time.

DRAMA TO THE MAX

:w00t:

Yup. All the folks Prima-Donavon-ing him can STFU for a while.

Give Howard a ton of credit getting that ball up off the solid header attempt. He blazed that ball out and created the 4 on 2.

LOL, I never will....I'm on record as being very impressed with his first two matches this WC, and this sealed the deal. The guy has evolved into a star, and the backbone of this team. His set pieces are better, his decision making is better, he's not backing down as much, and he's letting his play do the talking instead of his mouth. Kudos to him!