Nic Harris put 10 lbs of muscle on over the offseason

http://twitter.com/Jetson_Elroy/statuses/15787620526

10lbs of muscle this offseason! The game needed life I put my heart in it!!!! #GodGotMe

That would put him at 6-2 242 lbs, which is big enough for our defense. He's probably too slow to play OLB, but he could make a good 3rd down ILB. He played safety in college, so he has experience dropping into coverage.

http://twitter.com/Jetson_Elroy/statuses/15787620526

10lbs of muscle this offseason! The game needed life I put my heart in it!!!! #GodGotMe

That would put him at 6-2 242 lbs, which is big enough for our defense. He's probably too slow to play OLB, but he could make a good 3rd down ILB. He played safety in college, so he has experience dropping into coverage.

In that scenario, we're really pretty much set at ILB :wallbash:

Group consisting of Davis, Poz, Mitchell, Moats, and Harris. I like it!

He won't have to show much to beat out Kawicka Mitchell and his $3 million salary. Can't wait to hear them defend the salary dump as getting younger at the position.

He is younger and faster, a 30 plus year old coming off a knee injury, no thanks. Ill take Harris.

Harris is very instictive and plays a lot faster than his timed speed. Thats how he survived in college and I def saw it in the preseason and the games he played when Ellison finally got hurt.

Hopefully the 34 doesnt force him out of the works.

Well with Torbor signed I think we have Poz and Davis as the starters and Torbor and Mitchell as the backups so unless there are a lot of injuries I don't see Harris getting much playing time. I do think that he can make the Practice Squad and be called up if one of our MLB's goes down with a serious injury. Its good to see the dude getting bigger and doing what he can to fit into the scheme.

He won't have to show much to beat out Kawicka Mitchell and his $3 million salary. Can't wait to hear them defend the salary dump as getting younger at the position.

So wait. Are you saying that Harris doesn't have to show much to beat out Mitchell talent-wise, or that Mitchell's salary will make him expendable regardless? And if it's the former, is that as a starter or backup? And if it's as a backup, what's wrong with cutting a backup ILB if there's a younger (and cheaper) player to replace him?

Well with Torbor signed I think we have Poz and Davis as the starters and Torbor and Mitchell as the backups so unless there are a lot of injuries I don't see Harris getting much playing time. I do think that he can make the Practice Squad and be called up if one of our MLB's goes down with a serious injury. Its good to see the dude getting bigger and doing what he can to fit into the scheme.

Torbor's being tried outside. When the Bills signed him, I was unethused, because he'd been playing in the Dols' 3-4 and was cut. When I heard the Dols had been playing him inside, it intrigued me since the Bills weren't putting him in a position at which he's already proved unworthy.

It's going to very interesting to see how the lb's shake out. Ton of talent and only 4 positions to fill. I think i heard we have 15 lb's on the roster, is that true. No matter what somebodys not going to happy. I think Ellison is really a long shot now unless there are a ton of injuries. He really played well last year. Moats and Batten also will have to show alot even though they were just drafted. Torbor and Mitchell were starters on the Giants Superbowl team, but are no lock coming off injuries and age issue. Davis may only be a one year stop gap and an injury away from a career. With the age of Torbor, Mitchell and Davis, guys like Moates, Battan, and Harris will get a lot of looks. Is Poz in trouble? His durability is now a concern, another broken bone and his story may be written. Most interesting positional battle?