why is Jamon Meredith being ignored

are bills fans aware the bills have a very talented left tackle named Jamon Meredith. he is a prototypical left tackle whos only knock coming out of south carolina two years ago was maybe a lack of strength, which most prognosticators said could be remedied by a yr on the practice squad. thats what green bay did and after the unfortunate end to brad butlers career in week five Bills snatched him from the pack. he played sparingly throughout the yr and was a starter for the last four games in fewells tenure, looking like a legit nfl-er

are bills fans aware the bills have a very talented left tackle named Jamon Meredith. he is a prototypical left tackle whos only knock coming out of south carolina two years ago was maybe a lack of strength, which most prognosticators said could be remedied by a yr on the practice squad. thats what green bay did and after the unfortunate end to brad butlers career in week five Bills snatched him from the pack. he played sparingly throughout the yr and was a starter for the last four games in fewells tenure, looking like a legit nfl-er

"Very talented left tackle named Jamon Meredith." What is that sentence based on? Isn't that quite a strong statement with little or nothing to back up that statement. Think before you speak! He is very young, inexperienced, and has potential. He is unproven and who knows how he is going to develop.

I know a lot of GB fans seemed upset to lose him, but not sure yet that the guy is going to man one of our tackle spots for the next ten years.

are bills fans aware the bills have a very talented left tackle named Jamon Meredith.

No, we're not aware of that. We do know that we've got a guy who looks like, a year or two down the road, he might make a legit RT and also that we might end up playing him as second-string LT for a year or so till we get somebody serious there.

"8. Jamon Meredith, South Carolina, OT: An experienced and durable prospect with solid overall skills. Meredith started 25-consecutive games for the Gamecocks and projects as a right tackle as a pro. Armed with a strong punch and surprisingly light feet, Meredith shines in pass protection. Though his lack of bulk (he only weighed 289 during his senior season) makes him susceptible to bull rushes and power moves, he does a respectable job of battling top rushers on the edge. As a run blocker, Meredith lacks the power to consistently move defenders off the ball, but is a sticky blocker who works hard to finish. With solid tackle prospects scarce, teams value an all-around prospect like Meredith and will make a play for his services in the second round."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writ...line/index.html

And Bucky loved him far more than the NFL GMs did.

There's lots more where that came from.

Well Mrs. Meredith I think your son projects more as a RT. Most "very talented prospects" tend to make the 53 man roster and start their careers as back ups at least. The fact that your son was on the Green Bay practice squad could indicate that his talent, or work ethic perhaps, are not all that you think?

I sure hope he steps up and can play because we need it.

Meredith is my odds-on favorite to win the LT job, barring the addition of a veteran. His Combine numbers compared favorably to the top LT prospects last year (although none of them showed much), he's strong (31 reps of 225#), and he got valuable playing time last year. All of those are unlike Bell's situation going into last year.

Meredith is my odds-on favorite to win the LT job, barring the addition of a veteran. His Combine numbers compared favorably to the top LT prospects last year (although none of them showed much), he's strong (31 reps of 225#), and he got valuable playing time last year. All of those are unlike Bell's situation going into last year.

Since when is this the way to determine if a guy can play?

Being ignored on a message board isn't the same thing as being ignored by the coaching staff. If he is as good of a prospect as you believe, he will get his opportunity. It's not like we have a pro bowl incumbent holding the down the position. If he flashes, he'll play.

I thought 1 of the bigger knocks on him was a lack of desire.

"Very talented left tackle named Jamon Meredith." What is that sentence based on? Isn't that quite a strong statement with little or nothing to back up that statement. Think before you speak! He is very young, inexperienced, and has potential. He is unproven and who knows how he is going to develop.

yes a very talented left tackle out of south carolina who helped fred jackson rush for 200yds in the finale last year....... no one knows how any player is going to develop, ever dude...youre statement shows youre trure ignorance, i did think before i WROTE.... i am basing my assesment on what he has done on the field, what i have seen with my eyes, and overall size, speed and strength.

Being ignored on a message board isn't the same thing as being ignored by the coaching staff. If he is as good of a prospect as you believe, he will get his opportunity. It's not like we have a pro bowl incumbent holding the down the position. If he flashes, he'll play.

[/quot

excellent point, thats what i am trying to say, fans on this site are ignoring him, still more talk of jason peters here than jamon meredith,

No, we're not aware of that. We do know that we've got a guy who looks like, a year or two down the road, he might make a legit RT and also that we might end up playing him as second-string LT for a year or so till we get somebody serious there.

"8. Jamon Meredith, South Carolina, OT: An experienced and durable prospect with solid overall skills. Meredith started 25-consecutive games for the Gamecocks and projects as a right tackle as a pro. Armed with a strong punch and surprisingly light feet, Meredith shines in pass protection. Though his lack of bulk (he only weighed 289 during his senior season) makes him susceptible to bull rushes and power moves, he does a respectable job of battling top rushers on the edge. As a run blocker, Meredith lacks the power to consistently move defenders off the ball, but is a sticky blocker who works hard to finish. With solid tackle prospects scarce, teams value an all-around prospect like Meredith and will make a play for his services in the second round."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writ...line/index.html

And Bucky loved him far more than the NFL GMs did.

[/quot

ike i said lack of nfl strength, and desire were the knocks on him. he is not a five year project ala peters or a converted basketball player who also has minimal nfl strength (and is coming off knee surgery) he is a left tackle out of the SEC, not left field......where our last few have come. he is not a developmental product. "meredith shines in pass protection....second round projection......"

if lack of bulk and bull rush ability are what your looking for in a left tackle why not stay with the bulk lacking, often holding, Demetrius Bell

lol

Can someone tell me again why GB stashed Meredith on the PS to begin the 2009 season last year? And, why didn't GB call up Meredith when GB had to re-sign Mark Tauscher and start Chad Clifton at LT?

He's a project player who doesn't have the weight to work at RT and the agility to play LT. This isn't college anymore, regardless of which conference he played in. Starting OT's rarely come from the practice squads of other teams.

Bell=Meredith=?

Both those guys are exactly the same player. Bell just has more starts.

Actually, going back to last season's draft, the reason that Meredith fell as far as he did was a perceived notion that he was a troublemaker -- and potential locker room poison. There were rumors that his coaches at SC gave a not-so-glaring review of him when privately questioned by various NFL scouts heading into the draft. At least one publication referred to him as a "locker room lawyer". Now, I haven't heard anything from either Green Bay or Buffalo about him being anything but a stand-up guy. So, who knows? Perhaps he had a personal conflict with one of his coaches at SC that led to a lot of this. If so, maybe the character assassination helped allow the Bills to acquire a talented young player at a position of need.

Can someone tell me again why GB stashed Meredith on the PS to begin the 2009 season last year? And, why didn't GB call up Meredith when GB had to re-sign Mark Tauscher and start Chad Clifton at LT?

He's a project player who doesn't have the weight to work at RT and the agility to play LT. This isn't college anymore, regardless of which conference he played in. Starting OT's rarely come from the practice squads of other teams.

Good point. Remember also, however, that the Bills once stashed Jason Peters on their Practice Squad as well -- and left him unprotected for a considerable period of time.