Maybin Running With The 1st Team

H2o

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL

Bills 2009 first-round pick Aaron Maybin is running with the starting defense at Organized Team Activities. He's bookended by Chris Kelsay. Maybin will likely play right outside 'backer, or the premier pass rushing position in a 3-4 defense. Especially if Aaron Schobel doesn't return, Maybin will be a good bet to lead Buffalo in sacks.

I'd like to see Maybin get his first NFL sack, period. I really hope the change to the 3-4 was all this guy needed to be more effective. Hopefully he can keep the added weight on this year and be able to play with more strength. He has the quickness, let's just hope he puts it all together after having a full offseason and training camp to make progress. :thumbsup:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybin will have his first period before he grows a sack.

I really hope the guy does well. I think he is weak and will get pushed around a lot, but could be a good tackler and good in pursuit. He might even learn to cover, with his good speed.

I really hope the guy does well. I think he is weak and will get pushed around a lot, but could be a good tackler and good in pursuit. He might even learn to cover, with his good speed.

Stay classy. :thumbsup: But considering you're a guy who admits to having sex with 15 yos for drugs, maybe there is no class.

Also, it's gotta be great to insult a NFL player on a message board without facing any consequences.

Stay classy. :thumbsup: But considering you're a guy who admits to having sex with 15 yos for drugs, maybe there is no class.

Also, it's gotta be great to insult a NFL player on a message board without facing any consequences.

You can't expect much better. ;)

Stay classy. ;) But considering you're a guy who admits to having sex with 15 yos for drugs, maybe there is no class.

My friend...your train has completely jumped off the rails this past week. Let's get back on track. :thumbsup:

stuck

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL

I'd like to see Maybin get his first NFL sack, period. I really hope the change to the 3-4 was all this guy needed to be more effective. Hopefully he can keep the added weight on this year and be able to play with more strength. He has the quickness, let's just hope he puts it all together after having a full offseason and training camp to make progress. :thumbsup:

he will have no problem kepping the weight on at all he a big kid. he's so young he will only get bigger and the added weight will not slow him down one bit. for his size 250 is no problem @ all!

how the hell can you say he is weak? thats absolutely ridiculous! the guy is absolutely chiseled and is a weight room freak.

secondly he will definatly not get pushed around because he will not be going up against 340 lb tackles as a 3/4 OLB instead he will be going against running backs and TEs which in most cases he will be bigger and stronger than.

the job of taking on the tackles and setting the edge in a 3/4 will now fall on our DE's.

I thought the big strength of Maybin's game was his supposedly unbelievable first step off the snap. Not sure how that's gonna help him now that he's playing 5 yards off the line of scrimmage. I'm hoping for the best, but wouldn't be surprised either at someone else taking this job.

This guy has "BUST" written all over him. Another example of the Bills front office passing on the pick of Michael Oher or Brian Orakpo. Wondering what we will be seeing about the Spiller and Troupe pick in the years to come. I would have liked to see Andre Davis and Jimmy Clausen picked 1-2.

This guy has "BUST" written all over him. Another example of the Bills front office passing on the pick of Michael Oher or Brian Orakpo. Wondering what we will be seeing about the Spiller and Troupe pick in the years to come. I would have liked to see Andre Davis and Jimmy Clausen picked 1-2.

Your predictions have been duly noted.

he will have no problem kepping the weight on at all he a big kid. he's so young he will only get bigger and the added weight will not slow him down one bit. for his size 250 is no problem @ all!

Maybin is probably 230. After seeing him at practice next to other guys who are listed at 240 or 250, maybin looked much smaller. He is much smaller than Batten. He has small shoulders and narrow hips. He is very lean and chiseled.

Maybin will not be a powerful linebacker. He has speed, and may have range, and is a good tackler, but holding up at the point of attack will be a problem for him.

Who is Andre Davis? The WR drafted by the Browns in 2002? :lol: That's some sharp draft work there, bud. Did you mean ANTHONY DAVIS???

PTR

Maybin is probably 230. After seeing him at practice next to other guys who are listed at 240 or 250, maybin looked much smaller. He is much smaller than Batten. He has small shoulders and narrow hips. He is very lean and chiseled.

Maybin will not be a powerful linebacker. He has speed, and may have range, and is a good tackler, but holding up at the point of attack will be a problem for him.

I've posted before that not only does he have a small frame from a biomechanical perspective (shoulder joint to shoulder joint, hip joint to hip joint, etc), but also the girth of his limbs is small. He has small wrists and elbows…probably his femur and all his major bones are of small diameter.

Put differently, there are probably many NFL players of Maybin's height, whose bones alone are 10-25 pounds heavier than Maybin's.

Maybin may not be bigger than Terrell Owens is.

Some players struggle to keep weight off. Others struggle to keep weight on.

I don't know if Aaron will become a good player or not but I feel that he's one of those guys that will have a hard time adding and keeping on, muscle mass.

how the hell can you say he is weak? thats absolutely ridiculous! the guy is absolutely chiseled and is a weight room freak.

secondly he will definatly not get pushed around because he will not be going up against 340 lb tackles as a 3/4 OLB instead he will be going against running backs and TEs which in most cases he will be bigger and stronger than.

the job of taking on the tackles and setting the edge in a 3/4 will now fall on our DE's.

:lol:

;)

and :bag: