Maybin Running With The 1st Team

H2o

I would like to add that Lawrence Taylor, probably the greatest LB of all time, was a staggering 6-3 237lbs, and strangely enough, had a similar long rangy body style to that of maybin. Now Im not saying Maybin is the next LT, but for pete's sake STFU about him being undersized. He was undersized at DE, not LB

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya I'm sure this team would be so much better if you were calling the shots. There is a reason the people in the front office are in the front office, they're smarter than any of us.

Maybin a bust...give me break! He hardly had any play last year, his ROOKIE year.

standup, turn your bar stool back over and stop screwing yourself with talks of last season.

New coach, new offense, completely new defense=new team

New coach, new offense, completely new defense=new team. Does that mean more wins?

If he were fat I think a whole lot more Bills fans would like him. I don't know how one has "potential" bust written all over him. It's as though he has "potential" written all over him as well. The fact is, after one year, he's pretty much what he was when they drafted him: unfulfilled potential. So what? We'll see in the course of a few years. Just because he wasn't the wisest pick doesn't mean he can't be a good player for the Bills. I'd prefer to see him become that than to win an internet argument that he was the wrong pick and a guaranteed bust.

Your post is appreciated. I just think a first round 9th overall pick needs to be an immediate impact player. Clearly, Maybin was and is not that. I think that is why I had such a problem with the pick.

I would like to add that Lawrence Taylor, probably the greatest LB of all time, was a staggering 6-3 237lbs, and strangely enough, had a similar long rangy body style to that of maybin. Now Im not saying Maybin is the next LT, but for pete's sake STFU about him being undersized. He was undersized at DE, not LB

You're being misled by listed height and weight. As I've been saying, trust your eyes. It's not difficult.

LT was a very powerful player. He was powerfully built…eyeballed much different than Maybin.

LT had the strength to throw off and drive back blockers who overcompensated for his speed.

If Maybin succeeds he will be a different type of player.

The two aren't even remotely similar. Their body types are very different.

Your post is appreciated. I just think a first round 9th overall pick needs to be an immediate impact player. Clearly, Maybin was and is not that. I think that is why I had such a problem with the pick.

While he did get a bit more playing time with the Packers last season than Maybin did with the Bills, B.J. Raji, the 9th overall pick in the 2009 draft, was hardly "an immediate impact player." He had his moments but wasn't the lynchpin of the Packers' D.

Oh, you meant that the 11th overall pick should be "an immediate impact player." My apologies.

GO BILLS!!!

You're being misled by listed height and weight. As I've been saying, trust your eyes. It's not difficult.

LT was a very powerful player. He was powerfully built…eyeballed much different than Maybin.

LT had the strength to throw off and drive back blockers who overcompensated for his speed.

If Maybin succeeds he will be a different type of player.

The two aren't even remotely similar. Their body types are very different.

Also, think of the difference in size of everyone on the field when comparing two players 20 years apart...... how much bigger are lineman today?