Lynch article

What market value is there for him? It isn't much. Do I think he is talented? I certainly do. However, he has made it clear that he doesn't want to be in Buffalo. If he were focused and ready to give it his all on the field he could be a dynamite player with us, that includes playing with Jackson and Spiller. The problem with Lynch is that he is self-absorbed and not the type of personality who can handle not having enough touches. Marshawn Lynch is not a bad person. He is a very self-centered and immature person. Those aren't unique traits for today's professional athlete.

As I previously posted in my comment to John W the new Bills coaching staff is trying to create an environment of accountability. Lynch is not buying in. Now is the time for the organization to start fresh and lay the foundation for success. I'm not worried about Lynch being rewarded with a trade because he is being a distraction. I'm not even concerned that he might be a resounding success elsewhere. The Bills personnel people have to make decisions which are overall best for the

team. In my view moving this distracting player is the right thing to do for the team both in the short run and certainly the long run.

I can only assume from your comments that you have known Marshawn personally for quite some time. Or you just blowing smoke like many of the other bashers on this site? Just curious!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can only assume from your comments that you have known Marshawn personally for quite some time. Or you just blowing smoke like many of the other bashers on this site? Just curious!

It is not too difficult to figure out a person like Marshawn. What type of wealthy person goes into a bar and sneaks in his own booze? What type of person hits a person with his car (accident) and keeps going? What type of person who after being called in by the commissioner is subsequently found in a parked car smoking weed and having a gun in the car? What type of person who has an opportunity to start fresh with a new coaching staff doesn't show up for the OTAs and then when he does belatedly show up works out on his own without getting out on the field with the rest of the other teammates?

Your comments about personally knowing or not knowing ML are rather foolish. If you haven't figured out the type of person ML is then you are stupendously clueless. I have never categorized Lynch as being a bad person. But undoubtedly he is an immature and self-absorbed fool.

It is not too difficult to figure out a person like Marshawn. What type of wealthy person goes into a bar and sneaks in his own booze? What type of person hits a person with his car (accident) and keeps going? What type of person who after being called in by the commissioner is subsequently found in a parked car smoking weed and having a gun in the car? What type of person who has an opportunity to start fresh with a new coaching staff doesn't show up for the OTAs and then when he does belatedly show up works out on his own without getting out on the field with the rest of the other teammates?

Your comments about personally knowing or not knowing ML are rather foolish. If you haven't figured out the type of person ML is then you are stupendously clueless. I have never categorized Lynch as being a bad person. But undoubtedly he is an immature and self-absorbed fool.

I don't know what kind of neighborhood he grew up in. I don't know any of his friends he hangs with. But I do know he is a young man with a lot of money who admitted he made some mistakes. I don't know how old you,are or if you did anything stupid as a young man. But I think many people have done something they have regretted in their life. I try to make it a habit not to cast stones at others as no one knows what that person is dealing with. I don't disagree he has done some immature things. He should have come forward about the incident with the car but he was directed to an attorney who set the ground rules for his behavior afterward. And if I remember correctly the woman walked into the side of his SUV and was struck by the mirror and the front fender. He is obviously not the same type of individual that Fred is and probably never will be, but that doesn't mean he will not mature. You have every right to express your opinion as you have. I'm just trying to understand why all the malice displayed toward this kid.

I don't know what kind of neighborhood he grew up in. I don't know any of his friends he hangs with. But I do know he is a young man with a lot of money who admitted he made some mistakes. I don't know how old you,are or if you did anything stupid as a young man. But I think many people have done something they have regretted in their life. I try to make it a habit not to cast stones at others as no one knows what that person is dealing with. I don't disagree he has done some immature things. He should have come forward about the incident with the car but he was directed to an attorney who set the ground rules for his behavior afterward. And if I remember correctly the woman walked into the side of his SUV and was struck by the mirror and the front fender. He is obviously not the same type of individual that Fred is and probably never will be, but that doesn't mean he will not mature. You have every right to express your opinion as you have. I'm just trying to understand why all the malice displayed toward this kid.

Why do you come to the conclusion that I have malice toward him? He has made it clear that he doesn't want to be in Buffalo. He had an opportunity to start fresh with a new coaching staff. How has he responded? He and his agent put out statements that he wants to be traded. Then he doesn't show up for the OTAs. When he does come into town he works out on his own and doesn't get on the field with the rest of his teammates.

With respect to your point about the kind of neighborhood he grew up in my response is simple: Who gives a dam. With respect to the friends he associates with I again will give a very simple respone: Who gives a dam. With respect to how much money he has and how old he is again I will keep it simple: Who gives a dam.

Marshawn Lynch has demonstrated no loyalty to his team or teammates. His behavior to his HC has been outright contemptuous and disrespectful. Your attitude toward ML is very condescending. What you are suggesting is that because of his so-called challenging background his spoiled bratty behavior should be excused. I don't accept that proposition.

But I do know he is a young man with a lot of money who admitted he made some mistakes. I don't know how old you,are or if you did anything stupid as a young man. But I think many people have done something they have regretted in their life.

Actions > Words

Jesus Christ. Can we please get past this ridiculous business of using youth and money as an excuse for everything. It's not like the guy's 15 and at his first rodeo. It's a trend that has continued, and his punk ass is still ditching OTAs so he can pout and feel sorry for himself.

Like I said, IMO in light of what has gone on in Buffalo the past 4 seasons, the issue is bigger than those concerns. Lynch's market value is probably no better than a 4th to a handful of needy teams and zero to most. I wouldn't trade him for less than a 2nd on principle. If this trend is not stopped it will continue. The lack of backbone the Bills have shown in recent offseasons leads to disrespect for management and coaching. Play or be inactive.

And while I don't feel that Lynch is by any means a key to the Bills future success, I would like to point out something that Bills fans too easily discount. The effect of time and winning on wounds. Has anyone lobbied as hard to be traded as Chad Ochocinco did in Cinci? Distractions are overrated. Look around the league. Teams occasionally trade players who are unsatisfied, but not usually. The Bills ALWAYS trade unsatisified players and fans have wrongly come to believe that it is always the right thing to do. It's not. It's instant gratification, but if you let talented players who aren't thrilled with being a Buffalo Bill dictate terms to you then the ones you really need will too. There is a reason why this scenario keeps repeating itself here.

Thank you, Dick Jauron. The "I only want guys that want to be here" philosophy was an unmitigated disaster. Let the inmates run the asylum and you have nothing but chaos.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d81888cac

if fred jackson pulls a hamstring and is out for six weeks, Munchon Lunch has traded for a for a '11 fourth rounder, now the bills are down to a single unproven nfl commodity with lots of potential. i think its wise to keep Bust mode for the low price of his remaining rookie contract. he is a pro bowl player and a first round pick, imo that should not be given up on.

i believe he is avoiding Coach Gailey because he is gonna treat him like a football player, not a child

Why do you come to the conclusion that I have malice toward him? He has made it clear that he doesn't want to be in Buffalo. He had an opportunity to start fresh with a new coaching staff. How has he responded? He and his agent put out statements that he wants to be traded. Then he doesn't show up for the OTAs. When he does come into town he works out on his own and doesn't get on the field with the rest of his teammates.

With respect to your point about the kind of neighborhood he grew up in my response is simple: Who gives a dam. With respect to the friends he associates with I again will give a very simple respone: Who gives a dam. With respect to how much money he has and how old he is again I will keep it simple: Who gives a dam.

Marshawn Lynch has demonstrated no loyalty to his team or teammates. His behavior to his HC has been outright contemptuous and disrespectful. Your attitude toward ML is very condescending. What you are suggesting is that because of his so-called challenging background his spoiled bratty behavior should be excused. I don't accept that proposition.

John as I said, you have a right to your opinion, I'm just glad I don't live in your world. Awful black and white, so to speak. PS you might want to check on the definition of condescending. My attitude toward ML has been anything but condescending.

JohnC:

you're points are well taken and completely understood. the trouble i have is not with anything that you've said, but how some posters completely dismiss the "Lynch not here" story because he's essentially a third-string running back.

well, that's not the entirety of the equation. no matter where he ranks on the Bills depth chart, what makes this situation troubling -- and newsworthy -- is that Lynch is a former first-round pick.

jw

and another thing about Spiller, and something Crayonz would agree with: isn't his dedication to the NFL in question because he actually refused to enter the draft a year ago in order to get his diploma? man. :wallbash:

John, do you believe the recent suggestion that Buffalo has not recieved even a 4th round offer for Lynch?

and another thing about Spiller, and something Crayonz would agree with: isn't his dedication to the NFL in question because he actually refused to enter the draft a year ago in order to get his diploma? man. :cry:

Not only that, he is clearly certifiable. I mean he thinks the goal of the Bills is the win a Super Bowl and doesn't blame fans for having high expectations. :cry:

if fred jackson pulls a hamstring and is out for six weeks, Munchon Lunch has traded for a for a '11 fourth rounder, now the bills are down to a single unproven nfl commodity with lots of potential. i think its wise to keep Bust mode for the low price of his remaining rookie contract. he is a pro bowl player and a first round pick, imo that should not be given up on.

i believe he is avoiding Coach Gailey because he is gonna treat him like a football player, not a child

I agree with your post. Lynch is a basket case but he does provide value to the team. His rookie year he was a beast ans we were all quite excited about his future with the Bills. Then all the trouble started... The big question is whether the upside is worth the downside. I am of the opinion we keep him and utilize his strenthgs as a tough running back especially near the goal line. Maybe Gailey and his offensive mind can create more opportunities for him?

Besides, we can't get much value for him...

I hope we can keep him play him and his attitude and behavior improves.

Lynch isn't doing himself any favors, given his disciplinary problems and somewhat of a regression last year. If he had kept his nose clean and had a >1k yard season, that would be a different scenario.

In 2007 he only played in 13 games (same as last year) and had > 1k yards, whereas last year he had 450. Granted he had over 2x the carries in 2007 than he did last year, but still, those are the numbers. Last season was his worst in yards/rushing attempt as well.

It seems that Lynch just wants out of Buffalo, period.

Lynch isn't doing himself any favors, given his disciplinary problems and somewhat of a regression last year. If he had kept his nose clean and had a >1k yard season, that would be a different scenario.

In 2007 he only played in 13 games (same as last year) and had > 1k yards, whereas last year he had 450. Granted he had over 2x the carries in 2007 than he did last year, but still, those are the numbers. Last season was his worst in yards/rushing attempt as well.

It seems that Lynch just wants out of Buffalo, period.

Fish, that was a good post. I am hoping that Lynch can be productive and his mind is focused on playing for the Bills...

However, I concur that it looks like Lynch wants out of Buffalo. Wondering how much of affect the Spiller pick has to do with that mindset?