Meanwhile in the rest of the world

Hasn't Israel withdrawn from Gaza?

How can they? Isn't the entire landmass of Israel considered an illegal occupation by some?

I'll admit my knowledge of the situation isn't complete in case I'm completely off the mark.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you end resistance when an occupier vacates part of the territory it illegally occupies? Should the French resistance have stopped fighting if the Germans withdrew from 20% of France?

Waving a white flag isn't considered resistance.

How can they? Isn't the entire landmass of Israel considered an illegal occupation by some?

I'll admit my knowledge of the situation isn't complete in case I'm completely off the mark.

No, you're pretty much spot on. As much as some say the Arabs want a two-state solution, the true goal is eradication of Israel. Take a look at Hamas' mission statement and you'll see.

Do you end resistance when an occupier vacates part of the territory it illegally occupies? Should the French resistance have stopped fighting if the Germans withdrew from 20% of France?

Meazza said Gaza was illegally occupied. I asked if it were still occupied, to establish the veracity of Meazza's claim that "Gaza is illegally occupied therefore a justified resistance", and allow him the chance to correct himself on the off-chance he was talking about the rest of Palestine.

Good job responding to something that wasn't even part of the discussion, you !@#$ing moron.

Meazza said Gaza was illegally occupied. I asked if it were still occupied, to establish the veracity of Meazza's claim that "Gaza is illegally occupied therefore a justified resistance", and allow him the chance to correct himself on the off-chance he was talking about the rest of Palestine.

Good job responding to something that wasn't even part of the discussion, you !@#$ing moron.

My bad, you're correct.

Guts? Really? What was the "more gutsy" position in 1936? To have opposed and fought the Nazis as they remilitarized the rhineland or to sit back and let it happen, hoping all the while that people are really "good" and "nice" and not out to harm anyone? Hamas is directly responsible for rocket attacks against the south of Israel. That's the reason for the blockade, is it not?

After getting burned, it is tough to trust that people will do good. Personally, I don't think I will ever be capable of that. I see this world as a sucky place, where nobody can put up with anything that is different from themselves.

Gaza is one part of Palestine - it's either a city, or a strip of land, depending on the context.

Traditionally, the Gaza Strip was not part of Israel under the UN's recognition of the state. It was annexed by Egypt after the 1958 cease-fire, occupied by Israel (along with the Siani) in 1967, and granted nominal independence under the Palestinian Authority a few years ago (the Siani reverted back to Egyptian control with the Camp David Accords).

So while the entire state of Israel is considered an illegal occupation by some, Gaza is unoccupied and "independent" (as a political entity, at least). Therein lies the root of the Israeli blockade: Hamas (who controls the elected government in Gaza) continues to attack Israel from Gaza - an act of war, indisputably. Israel responds in kind via blockade.

Remember the first error you made here? "Does sound travel faster than light in space?"

I'm so much nicer to you now. :)

Do be fair I was probably high as a kite when I wrote that.

I think that was the case for my first 1000 posts :thumbsup:

Yes, I'm a moron for misinterpreting something I read on a message board while at work. I humbly apologize for falling short of your lofty standards.

Yes, I'm a moron for misinterpreting something I read on a message board while at work. I humbly apologize for falling short of your lofty standards.

I'd be satisfied if you'd merely humbly apologize for giving me a ration of **** for your own misunderstanding. :rolleyes:

It's almost like the Israelis are blockading Gaza or something... :ph34r:

I have a feeling that the diversion this time will be a lighthouse shaped like a Guinness glass.

Gee I wonder if there will be anti-Hamas protests as well

http://msmdcnews.com/hamas-refuses-flotill...-by-israel/6373

:thumbsup:

'

Of course not, because Hamas isn't a Jewish organization. Did you get a chance to read through some of the comments to that flotilla choir video? Chilling.