Memorial Day

damj

Memorial Day is here ... weather will be great, time for family, grilling and cold beer, so enjoy! ... but also take a moment to remember those who died to secure and maintain these freedoms we hold so dear.

"We have gone forth from our shores repeatedly over the last hundred years and we've done this as recently as the last year in Afghanistan and put wonderful young men and women at risk, many of whom have lost their lives, and we have asked for nothing except enough ground to bury them in" - Colin Powell

Link

More quotes

Saw this appropriate blog post today: Remember why we celebrate Memorial Day

Thanks ... sounds like a good book, may have to check it out.

I get offended that alot people don't know what memorial day is for. Some think it's a day to remember family members (non-vet) who died. Nice thought, and I'm all for memorializing loved ones ... but that's not what memorial day is for.

As a vet, it's nice thought when people want to thank me, but I have my days (10 Nov. & 11/11), so save it 'til then.

This day is to remember those who did not come home.

Period.

Memorial Day is for people like my Dad that served in the CBI theater, and my father-in- law that served in the Marines from Guadalcanal to Vietnam and everything in between.

Sleep Well Lt. Col.

I get offended that alot people don't know what memorial day is for. Some think it's a day to remember family members (non-vet) who died. Nice thought, and I'm all for memorializing loved ones ... but that's not what memorial day is for.

Wait, so it's not a day to celebrate getting that dining room or bedroom set at 50% off regular price?

Yes, I'm kidding.

:wallbash:

Memorial Day is here ... weather will be great, time for family, grilling and cold beer, so enjoy! ... but also take a moment to remember those who died to secure and maintain these freedoms we hold so dear.

Link

More quotes

:lol::lol::lol::thumbsup: Those who have died paved the way for the freedom of expression that we all use here on TBD.!!!!!

One of my renters is a Korean war Vet. You better believe the landlord [me] is going to give him a case of his favorite beverage on Monday. He walks with a limp from shrapnel picked up 6 years before I was born. As I have always said about America, we stand on the shoulders of giants. This is their day.

One of my renters is a Korean war Vet. You better believe the landlord [me] is going to give him a case of his favorite beverage on Monday. He walks with a limp from shrapnel picked up 6 years before I was born. As I have always said about America, we stand on the shoulders of giants. This is their day.

My grandfather took a bullet in the ass during the Korean war. I remember asking him if it hurt? He said "not as much as the teasing from his buddies". Much respect for these guys.

Attended a Military Funeral in Arlington, this past Thursday.

Told my wife, if there was ever an earthquake in Virginia, the epicenter would be in Arlingtron, because all the people who died for our Country must be just churning over the way things are headed!

I don't know jack

Truer words have never been spoken.

Here is to the vets who have defended our country. We should never go to war, but when we do, support our troops. It really is that simple. My heartfelt gratitude and thanks to those that have served.