Educated thoughts about Losman...

Toledo Bill

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From various sources:

POSITIVES: ... Senses pressure, gets outside tackle and easily eludes the rush, making the throw on the move.

NEGATIVES: ... Holds the ball too long in the pocket and takes unnecessary sacks.

140677[/snapback]

Not highlighting the hypocracy to rag on you, Nick. These short write-ups are about the worst possible things to make a reading of someone. Ohp! He got sacked a few times (b/c his line was stevestojanny) so obviously he holds the ball too long. Ohp! He had a few pressure rollout plays and connected on the run. So obviously he's a great eluder of the rush.

Watch the games and see what he brings to his team when he's out there. Wins. From everything I've seen, J.P. is a gamer, pure and simple. If I'm a captain at recess, a guy like him is my first pick.

Well we certainly saw a very live arm and some sweet feet in the preseason. But we still don't know the most important thing about him.

Can the boy think while people are trying to rip his head off?

140705[/snapback]

LOL hell all they did was rip it off at Tulane <_< Seriously the kid took a hell of a beating but kept on winning.

My only comment is...was Rothlesburger ready?  No more so than Manning, JP or Rivers. Look where Rothlesburger is now.  We have a team now that can protect JP just like Roth is protected in Pitt.

140763[/snapback]

Well, JP's injury took away a lot of his time in camp and regular practice time. Rivers held out for too long, so that hurt his "readiness". Manning and Roethlisberger were probably as ready as rookie, first-round QBs could be. Ben did his job by preparing to go (at least he didn't say he probably wasn't prepared).

I just think there's no sense in putting in JP right now while the team is winning with Drew. It would be just like when Wade started Johnson over Flutie in the Tennessee playoff game. The rest of the team will immediately take that as a sign he's given up on the season...not exactly the message that a rookie coach wants to send to a bunch of veterans.

JP looks super raw when he is out on that field. That outing against NE was horrible - no doubt about it. I know the circumstances mitigate his performace considerably, but he reverted to the happy feet, run at the first sign of danger, sling it anywhere QB that I feared we had drafted.

I am sure that he's better than that - the pass last week was a nice throw for sure. But all of his downsides sound all too familiar (can you say Drew too?). That boy has so much to learn right now - and while I oppose starting him this season, I am open to him pushing Drew for the #1 spot in the off season. As long as Wyche can settle them damn feet.

hell all they did was rip it off at Tulane..... Seriously the kid took a hell of a beating but kept on winning.

I agree he's got the "It" but the guys who are going to be trying to rip his head off on Sundays are not hungover college kids who were in the French Quarter 10 hours earlier. These evil bastards are paid assassins and JP is going to have real fear to deal with now.

Guest Guest_Joe Fergy_*
Well, JP's injury took away a lot of his time in camp and regular practice time. Rivers held out for too long, so that hurt his "readiness". Manning and Roethlisberger were probably as ready as rookie, first-round QBs could be. Ben did his job by preparing to go (at least he didn't say he probably wasn't prepared).

I just think there's no sense in putting in JP right now while the team is winning with Drew. It would be just like when Wade started Johnson over Flutie in the Tennessee playoff game. The rest of the team will immediately take that as a sign he's given up on the season...not exactly the message that a rookie coach wants to send to a bunch of veterans.

140824[/snapback]

No! RJ was the better QB and one that game except for that last play. The year before Flutie had his chance and couldn't even put up a TD end of story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think JP is actually going too fast. Other than his backpedal from center (friggin sweet) I think he is trying to do things too fast. Reads too fast, ready to dump the ball off or run too fast. With his ability to get out from under center so fast and his ability with his legs, he needs to relax a little and wait for a play to develop.

Only though playing will he do this.

What's the matter mead? The truth hurt? I look at this kid and sometimes I see another #11 on his back.

140743[/snapback]

so you like drew? YOU WANT THE TRUTH " YOU CANN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH" you better stop drinking come up for air OPEN YOUR F####ING EYES :lol::lol::lol::D

In style, he's the Anti-Bledsoe. Quick thinking,decisive,mobile,spots secondary receivers...

Losman has an upside. Bledsoe has none.

140672[/snapback]

I'm not sure I'd use "quick thinking" and JP Losman in the same sentence. That and his footwork were the biggest scouting criticisms of him before the draft.

so you like drew?  YOU WANT THE TRUTH " YOU CANN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH" you better stop drinking come up for air OPEN YOUR F####ING EYES  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :D

141506[/snapback]

It may be unfair, but comparing JP to RJ is all people have right now, until JP has some games under his belt. If the kid really is a gamer, the comparisons will go away fast.

and I'm the attention whore?

141513[/snapback]

[/quote

Yes, you are. Thanks.

141515[/snapback]

Well, I'm a little confused, but sometimes there's just no

accounting for certain weird azzholes you meet in life.

I guess you're one of those. Rock on, Mr Important Guy.