Trent or Ryan... Vote

Trent or Ryan  

160 members have voted

1. 1. If we don't go with a rookie... which is starter

• Trent "check down" Edwards
    • Ryan "INT" Fitz
    • Fred Jackson
    • Brian "Alphadawg7" Brohm :-)

I know we have debated this 10,000 times but let's face it we aren't bringing in another QB the four we have is what we are going to have in 2010... if we start a rookie (just saying brohm is a rookie) we aren't going to know what we get until it happens anyways.

If we have to start either Trent or Ryan vote on your pick....

I was going to say we start Ryan because I love the way he twice ran out from the back feild and blocked for ML and FJ twice last year. Once against KC and the other agaist IND...

Also I just don't think Trent can be the guy he was in 2008 I think he is shell shocked and wont snap out of it.

BUT then I went and looked at the stats and last year Trent had 6TD and 7INT and Ryan had 9TD and 10INT... 3 of Ryan's TD came agaist IND second string D with a 120 passer rating... This game along pads his stats.

The way I see it is if we get a real LT like Gaither then start Ryan if not then seeing as we have Spiller, Jackson, and Lynch and no LT maybe check downs are for the best. :blush:

:blush:

"if we start a rookie (just saying brohm is a rookie) we aren't going to know what we get until it happens anyways."

My point I was trying to stat is that Brohm is pretty much a rookie with only 29 passes in the NFL I don't think we can really evaluate him or Levi Brown... I am just talking about the 2 vets we have, because either way with Brohm and Brown it's more of a guessing game.

:blush:

"if we start a rookie (just saying brohm is a rookie) we aren't going to know what we get until it happens anyways."

My point I was trying to stat is that Brohm is pretty much a rookie with only 29 passes in the NFL I don't think we can really evaluate him or Levi Brown... I am just talking about the 2 vets we have, because either way with Brohm and Brown it's more of a guessing game.

Brohm isn't a rookie, and the fact that he's only thrown 29 passes in the NFL doesn't negate the fact that he's spent a couple years on the NFL sidelines and/or practice squad. I personally would rather choose between Brohm and Brown. The only thing that's for certain when choosing between Edwards and Fitz, is that they both suck.

I will lose my mind if we have to endure any more of Fitzpatrick. As bad as Trent has played, there is a SLIVER of hope he might play better....that he could develop into something more. Brohm is in this same sort of category except the sliver is a little bigger. Fitzpatrick is, and I'm trying to be a polite as possible, the equivalent of afterbirth. There aren't even the rements of a decent QB filling out the # 14 uniform. Starting him is like saying they not only have no one to play at the position, but they don't even care about even possibly developing anything for the future.

Fitz is an undrafted 5 year vet who will at the best hang around the league another 4-5 years as roster fodder or a below average backup.

It's the lamest reason ever but my last name is Edwards. I want him to suceed because I am tired of buying new QB jerseys. Flutie, Johnson, Bledsoe, Losman and now Edwards. I hope Trent snaps out of his "checkdown habit" and stays heaalthy. Stranger things have happened.

Brohm isn't a rookie, and the fact that he's only thrown 29 passes in the NFL doesn't negate the fact that he's spent a couple years on the NFL sidelines and/or practice squad. I personally would rather choose between Brohm and Brown. The only thing that's for certain when choosing between Edwards and Fitz, is that they both suck.

I know he isn't listed as a rookie but you got to understand what I am saying... I'd fine with a pole with brohm or brown. I also would like either I am just comparing the vets because they have more to go on... We have watched them play many NFL games.

I will lose my mind if we have to endure any more of Fitzpatrick. As bad as Trent has played, there is a SLIVER of hope he might play better....that he could develop into something more. Brohm is in this same sort of category except the sliver is a little bigger. Fitzpatrick is, and I'm trying to be a polite as possible, the equivalent of afterbirth. There aren't even the rements of a decent QB filling out the # 14 uniform. Starting him is like saying they not only have no one to play at the position, but they don't even care about even possibly developing anything for the future.

Fitz is an undrafted 5 year vet who will at the best hang around the league another 4-5 years as roster fodder or a below average backup.

I feel exactly the opposite. If I have to endure any more trent i might jump off a bridge, Fitz won some games. I dont understand the love for a guy who never had the deep ball and can only throw to recievers looking at him. At least when we saw the noodle arm fitz play we saw some nfl throws cut edwards, give fitz a year, and draft for the future next year. P.s. Brohm couldnt outplay flynn in a place where they know a little bit about good qbs.

I agree, watching Fitz is like watching someone who got to play through the "Make a Wish Foundation." At least with Edwards, there is a small chance he could get the mental part together and be serviceable, with Fitz, it will never happen. He doesn't have the mental or physical tools and is about as tall as Lou Piccone on a good day.

I agree, watching Fitz is like watching someone who got to play through the "Make a Wish Foundation." At least with Edwards, there is a small chance he could get the mental part together and be serviceable, with Fitz, it will never happen. He doesn't have the mental or physical tools and is about as tall as Lou Piccone on a good day.

Wow! :blush:

Don't soft-peddle it, man. Tell us how you really feel.

I know he isn't listed as a rookie but you got to understand what I am saying... I'd fine with a pole with brohm or brown. I also would like either I am just comparing the vets because they have more to go on... We have watched them play many NFL games.

First, off I dont know what this sentence in bold is supposed to say, it makes no sense.

More importantly, you were inclined to put Fred Jackson on this poll yet left off Brohm who has one start, 2 years in the NFL adjusting to the speed, and more playing time thus far in Gaileys offense than Fitz or Trent since he was at the rookie camp? I just dont get that...I get that you feel Brohm in terms of playing time on the field is close to rookie level experience, but he really is not. So why classify him as a rookie in your poll then list Fred Jackson? I mean I am more likely to start at QB for the Bills than Fred Jackson, so its pointless.

As far as which "vet" would I prefer, I would have to say Trent. I don't think he is cut out to be a starter in this league, has terrible field vision, no confidence, a weak arm (see Josh Reeds comments on how his deep throws have the same velocity of his short throws), terribly inaccurate when going down field, puts too much air under the ball, has terrible pocket presence, and is injury prone...that being said, with Gaileys track record of making below average QB's serviceable, I think Trent could progress more than Fitz under him.

Fitz to me was the more effective starter last year, but I think he has very little upside above what he has shown.

All of this is a mute point anyway, as I really do think Brohm will be the starter this year because he has the most upside of any QB on the roster, and given his very little playing time he has not had the chance to become shell shocked or develop bad habits like checking down at the first sign of a pass rush...

I'm strongly in favor of Trent Edwards for the simple reason that it will result in DarthIce going crazy. After he is committed to an institution without being allowed to have any electronic gadgets he won't be able to rant about the kitty or other qb nonsense he constantly fulminates about. :blush:

First, off I dont know what this sentence in bold is supposed to say, it makes no sense.

More importantly, you were inclined to put Fred Jackson on this poll yet left off Brohm who has one start, 2 years in the NFL adjusting to the speed, and more playing time thus far in Gaileys offense than Fitz or Trent since he was at the rookie camp? I just dont get that...I get that you feel Brohm in terms of playing time on the field is close to rookie level experience, but he really is not. So why classify him as a rookie in your poll then list Fred Jackson? I mean I am more likely to start at QB for the Bills than Fred Jackson, so its pointless.

As far as which "vet" would I prefer, I would have to say Trent. I don't think he is cut out to be a starter in this league, has terrible field vision, no confidence, a weak arm (see Josh Reeds comments on how his deep throws have the same velocity of his short throws), terribly inaccurate when going down field, puts too much air under the ball, has terrible pocket presence, and is injury prone...that being said, with Gaileys track record of making below average QB's serviceable, I think Trent could progress more than Fitz under him.

Fitz to me was the more effective starter last year, but I think he has very little upside above what he has shown.

All of this is a mute point anyway, as I really do think Brohm will be the starter this year because he has the most upside of any QB on the roster, and given his very little playing time he has not had the chance to become shell shocked or develop bad habits like checking down at the first sign of a pass rush...

I saw that but I didn't edit because I thought it would be easy to figure it out. "I would be fine if you made a poll with Brohm and Brown being the starting QB.

Fred Jackson was also a joke for the people that obviously don't want Edwards or Fitz.

And dude I am not hating on Brohm... how could I I have only seen him throw the ball 20some times... All I am saying is that everyone of us just watched Edwards throw the ball 183 times in the last year and 826 times total and we all watched Ryan throw the ball 127 times last year... and maybe more if you watched him on the other teams. Based on that is the reason I compared those two. Most of us don't go to every OTA and watch how Brohm is playing in practice and prob don't know as much as we know about the other two.

I would be fine if Brohm started... I was just comparing highlights from the QB we have actually suffered through watching play.

I will add Brohm to the poll ok lol :blush:

PS. if I can.

I saw that but I didn't edit because I thought it would be easy to figure it out. "I would be fine if you made a poll with Brohm and Brown being the starting QB.

Fred Jackson was also a joke for the people that obviously don't want Edwards or Fitz.

And dude I am not hating on Brohm... how could I I have only seen him throw the ball 20some times... All I am saying is that everyone of us just watched Edwards throw the ball 183 times in the last year and 826 times total and we all watched Ryan throw the ball 127 times last year... and maybe more if you watched him on the other teams. Based on that is the reason I compared those two. Most of us don't go to every OTA and watch how Brohm is playing in practice and prob don't know as much as we know about the other two.

I would be fine if Brohm started... I was just comparing highlights from the QB we have actually suffered through watching play.

I will add Brohm to the poll ok lol :blush:

PS. if I can.

Huh? I didnt say you were hating on Brohm...I just didnt get the point in putting Fred Jackson on there and leaving Brohm off.