JaMarcus Russell

I think this thread has outted some folks that actually thought I was being serious. As for this comment, the reason you don't take a chance on a guy like JR is you set your team back. If Russell can't show anything in 3 years with the Raiders, he's not going to magically blossom into the QB he was supposed to be if we sign him. In the meantime, the time we waste trying to turn this turd into a diamond is time we could have used preparing a player with more upside, like Levi Brown.

Signing players willy-nilly hoping one pans out is not how you build a team.

PTR

besides, JR would much rather be doing this

<<<<---------- than playing football

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JR to check into a fat farm.

Okay, so JaMarcus is back over 300 pounds and nobody has the slightest interest in this colossal bust, but that doesn't mean the Bills shouldn't sign him.

First of all ESPN and NFLN haven't talked about the Bills in weeks. Signing JM would make us relevant again. True, everyone would be laughing at us, but that's better than being ignored.

Second, Russell was a #1 overall pick, so this guy must be 10 times better than any QB the Bills have. Do you know that Russell's score in Madden 2007 was a 90? That last Bills QB to have a score that high was Doug Flutie, and wasn't he awesome? Don't you want someone as awesome as Flutie again?

For cripes sake, people it's almost June and Nix hasn't done anything in weeks! WEEKS!! What the hell are they waiting for? GAAHHH! FRIGGIN' OFF-SEASON!

:blush:

PTR

:blink::angry::cry::bag: This is a funny post, sign JaMarcus Russell, hahahahaha!!! You're funny, keep the jokes coming!! :o

I think this thread has outted some folks that actually thought I was being serious. As for this comment, the reason you don't take a chance on a guy like JR is you set your team back. If Russell can't show anything in 3 years with the Raiders, he's not going to magically blossom into the QB he was supposed to be if we sign him. In the meantime, the time we waste trying to turn this turd into a diamond is time we could have used preparing a player with more upside, like Levi Brown.

PTR

1st & 2nd round QBs are so scrutinized both before & after the draft that when they get cut early in their careers, you can write them off as busts. In other words, when they flame out, there's little chance that they had some potential & just flew under the radar.

There were countless posts warning us how JP Losman was going to come back and haunt us, even when he was in the UFL. Thankfully, most of those have died down. Unfortunately they've been replaced with calls for a guy to start who we basically signed willy-nilly hoping he pans out-Brian Brohm. They talk of "Upside", but the track record of 1st & 2nd rounders who get waived early indicates he has no upside.

It's easy for people to get the sarcasm about Russell, but some of the same people enjoying your sarcasm are the ones who totally dismiss Russell, but don't see the futility in thinking Brohm can be a quality starter.

JR to check into a fat farm.

Okay, so JaMarcus is back over 300 pounds and nobody has the slightest interest in this colossal bust, but that doesn't mean the Bills shouldn't sign him.

First of all ESPN and NFLN haven't talked about the Bills in weeks. Signing JM would make us relevant again. True, everyone would be laughing at us, but that's better than being ignored.

Second, Russell was a #1 overall pick, so this guy must be 10 times better than any QB the Bills have. Do you know that Russell's score in Madden 2007 was a 90? That last Bills QB to have a score that high was Doug Flutie, and wasn't he awesome? Don't you want someone as awesome as Flutie again?

For cripes sake, people it's almost June and Nix hasn't done anything in weeks! WEEKS!! What the hell are they waiting for? GAAHHH! FRIGGIN' OFF-SEASON!

:worthy:

PTR

I agree. Git er done Marv. :devil:

1st & 2nd round QBs are so scrutinized both before & after the draft that when they get cut early in their careers, you can write them off as busts. In other words, when they flame out, there's little chance that they had some potential & just flew under the radar.

There were countless posts warning us how JP Losman was going to come back and haunt us, even when he was in the UFL. Thankfully, most of those have died down. Unfortunately they've been replaced with calls for a guy to start who we basically signed willy-nilly hoping he pans out-Brian Brohm. They talk of "Upside", but the track record of 1st & 2nd rounders who get waived early indicates he has no upside.

It's easy for people to get the sarcasm about Russell, but some of the same people enjoying your sarcasm are the ones who totally dismiss Russell, but don't see the futility in thinking Brohm can be a quality starter.

You can't compare the chance Brian Brohm has had to the one given to Russell. JaMarcus was the anointed starter for 3 seasons. Brohm was never going to replace Aaron Rogers in Green Bay. This Bills camp will likely be the first real chance he ever got to show what he can do. Not saying he's the answer. Just saying it's silly to write him off right now. Wait till training camp.

PTR

PTR

Does the same rationale apply to Brohm? What has he shown in his years as a Packer? Lost the 3rd string QB position to Flynn a medicore QB out of LSU who was drafted in the 7th round. Yet, the Bills picked him up and many fans think he "could be the one."(NOT ME) Be careful what you say becuase it could come back to make you look silly...

Normally I agree with much of what you say....but to sign a fat, lazy, and underperforming quarterback to make us "relevant again" is a very irrational thought process. Those are the kind of roster moves that keep teams in the dungeon for many more years. Flutie and JR are no wheres near the same in many ways. I dont give a hoot what a madden game says. What do you want nix to do, sign players just to appease someone?

Now THIS is funny!! :rolleyes:

Does the same rationale apply to Brohm? What has he shown in his years as a Packer? Lost the 3rd string QB position to Flynn a medicore QB out of LSU who was drafted in the 7th round. Yet, the Bills picked him up and many fans think he "could be the one."(NOT ME) Be careful what you say becuase it could come back to make you look silly...

Post #46, in case you missed it.

PTR

Without reading the thread, I assume we are waiting for him to lose about 50 lbs., learn how to gain leadership skills and have more initiative than a sloth.

In other words, we are waiting for hell to freeze over.

Without reading the thread, I assume we are waiting for him to lose about 50 lbs., learn how to gain leadership skills and have more initiative than a sloth.

In other words, we are waiting for hell to freeze over.

Or maybe we're hoping that he'll GAIN another 50 lbs, so that he could play LT?

PTR

PTR outed you, I know it may be difficult at family get together, at first, but you'll gain some confidence over time.

Everyone has an Uncle or a cousin with No Sense of Humor. It will be OK.

You have to think that J.Russell has better arms and quicker feet than Gaither.

We supposedly have one of the best O-Line coaches. Russell has to know that LTs are often the second highest player on the roster.

Lets give it a spin.

Just imagine we get a #1 overall LT, what a bargain!