Dolphins sign Zach Thomas for $1...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5204377

Nice to see he got his wish. Yeah, I hated the guy because he was a Dolphin and so damn good...but I think he was certainly the face of that franchise for years and he was a steal as a 5th round pick.

He was a class act and a good football player.

I wish him well. The NFL needs to find more guys like Zach Thomas. :P (and THURMAN thomas :wallbash: )

So damn good... I disagree. He was one of the more overrated players in recent memory. He was good in pursuit and sideline to sideline but teams could run right at him with success. Average LB at best

players signing with their original team just to retire is a meaningless waste of time

So damn good... I disagree. He was one of the more overrated players in recent memory. He was good in pursuit and sideline to sideline but teams could run right at him with success. Average LB at best

players signing with their original team just to retire is a meaningless waste of time

It's amazing that Thomas pulled the wool over the NFL's eyes and played 12 seasons in the league. I guess it goes to show you, NFL scouts should be logging into TSW for accurate player evaluations. These same clowns voted him a 5 time All-Pro and onto 7 Pro-Bowl teams. What a waste, considering he's average at best according to Max. :P

It's amazing that Thomas pulled the wool over the NFL's eyes and played 12 seasons in the league. I guess it goes to show you, NFL scouts should be logging into TSW for accurate player evaluations. These same clowns voted him a 5 time All-Pro and onto 7 Pro-Bowl teams. What a waste, considering he's average at best according to Max. :P

It just goes to show you how much of the accolades are based on reputation. It was the same thing with Ruben Brown when he played here and all the Pro Bowls he went to. Zach Thomas missed more tackles than he made.

It just goes to show you how much of the accolades are based on reputation. It was the same thing with Ruben Brown when he played here and all the Pro Bowls he went to. Zach Thomas missed more tackles than he made.

1 of 3 players of ALL-TIME to record 100 or more tackles in his first 10 seasons. Some of you posters need to lay off the glue. So far we have below average LB and missed more tackles than he made. :P Zach Thomas was never the best LB in the league but he was very good for a long time. Consistency should be acknowledged, especially when you are the MLB of a defense that was really good for most of a 12 year career.

For being such a bum, that Dolphins defense had a nice stretch of being elite.

That is classy of the Fins.

For real, he as a solid backer for a long time. Like PushthePile said, lay off the glue.

Man, we've gone soft on the Dolphins... this place is getting depressing!

It's amazing that Thomas pulled the wool over the NFL's eyes and played 12 seasons in the league. I guess it goes to show you, NFL scouts should be logging into TSW for accurate player evaluations. These same clowns voted him a 5 time All-Pro and onto 7 Pro-Bowl teams. What a waste, considering he's average at best according to Max. :wallbash:

yeah because making pro bowls has a lot of meaning....how many pro bowls did Rueben Brown make that he didnt deserve?

the pro bowl is nothing more then a popularity contest that is usually based on name recognition...its a joke

playing 12 years in the league doesnt make someone great either....Daunte Culpepper has 10 years in the league? does that make him great as well :P

some people seem to always buy into the media hype

yeah because making pro bowls has a lot of meaning....how many pro bowls did Rueben Brown make that he didnt deserve?

the pro bowl is nothing more then a popularity contest that is usually based on name recognition...its a joke

playing 12 years in the league doesnt make someone great either....Daunte Culpepper has 10 years in the league? does that make him great as well :beer:

some people seem to always buy into the media hype

He was a 5th round draft pick and he is probably headed to the hall of fame!

You are an idiot and have no talent evaluating skill if you think Zach Thomas was overrated...complete idiot! :wallbash:

Ask ANYBODY in the league what they think of him...people who ACTUALLY KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT FOOTBALL!

Did Thomas, Reed, and Smith all retire as Bills?

Why would they...it would have been a waste of time according to this jackass up above!

They paid him $.98 too much! $1 to one of the most over rated LB's in recent NFL history.

Overrated by who? The players and coaches put him in the Pro Bowl several times. He wasn't a glamour pick who was always self-promoting. He was a blue collar type who played well consistently.

To you, perhaps. But not to them. If you take pride in any of your accomplishments, then you understand why a guy wants to be remembered for the highlight of his career, instead of the end of it.