• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Football:

Bills, since '61

Colts, until they traded Johnny Unitas to SD

Browns, until they moved to Baltimore.

Baseball,,Indians and Pirates (I look at the standingsd upside down)

Hockey,,,Sabres

College ..Purdue, WVU, Marshall.

pro hoops ,,nah

Soccer...USA Men's and Women's national teams, LA Galaxy

Bills - 1987...my dad looked down on his young, wide-eyed 4-year old and thought to himself "This child is entirely too happy!" So he made me a Bills fan.

Sabres - mid-90s...more casual. Love the playoffs though

Sixers - early-90s...I grew up 10 blocks from Madison Square Garden and my dad never bothered to take me to a game once! I could be a sorry Knicks fan but we moved to PA when I was 6 so I'm a sorry Sixers fan

Phillies - 2005...I never really liked baseball growing up. I hated how it dominated Sportscenter all summer long. But when I got back from college and the Phils built their new park (which is such a great venue!) I started going casually. Then in law school, all my friends were huge Phillies fans and I kind of grew into it. Good timing! :worthy:

Bills since forever

Sabres since inception

SF Giants since 84--Moved to California and immediately hated the Dodgers. Picked up Giants games on 680AM and followed them closely until I moved to the Dallas area 10 years ago.

Boston Red Sox since 84--wife is a big fan. She gave up the pats* and I picked up the Sox.

Enjoy all Syracuse U sports...again, tied to the wife's allegiance.

Unfortunately for me, its only the Bills and the Sabres.

I never got into baseball or basketball at all really. In fact, I've only been to one MLB game in my life, and it was the 2003 World Series, Marlins/Yankees when I lived in Florida. Never been so bored at a sporting event. The only NBA game I've been to was floor seats at the Miami heat, in 2003/2004 - seats literally on the court. That wasn't boring as we had a waitress bringing us drinks. In fact, my marketing coordinator at work last week offered me 2 "dugout seats" to an upcoming Diamondbacks game. I'd probably go if it wasn't a 90+ minute drive to Phoenix from here - but I refuse to make the drive to watch a sport where a 70 year old coach is required to still wear a full uniform.

Instead I sit and wait year after year to watch this pathetic football franchise, and this "win in the regular season, choke in the post season" hockey franchise. That's what I get for being born in WNY i guess.

But if you're someone who has been a loyal fan of your teams, and you have a good reason for why you became a fan of those teams, I think it would be interesting to talk about them here and compare differences.

The Hockey Bisons.

OH Hell Yeah! Forgot about the Pepsi Bottletops! Loved seeing them as a kid in the Aud!

Reasoning?

A product of my environment. Plain and simple.

Phillies - 2005...I never really liked baseball growing up. I hated how it dominated Sportscenter all summer long. But when I got back from college and the Phils built their new park (which is such a great venue!) I started going casually. Then in law school, all my friends were huge Phillies fans and I kind of grew into it. Good timing! :worthy:

:wallbash: I sorta fell into the Phillies like that too, and I totally shared those sportscenter sentiments growing up. A few years ago I was a very casual fan. Now I'm complaining that they gave Howard an absurd contract and have partial season tix. Yes the timing of them getting good has certainly helped. It's also kinda cool I can say that I remember seeing Halladay pitch at Big Mac in the Cuse way back when. The other Philly fans annoy the f*&^ out of me.

Soccer...USA Men's and Women's national teams, LA Galaxy

AWESOME avatar, man!! :worthy:

I thought you and Meazza would like it...

23 more days until US vs. England

I cannot WAIT! Even though I work more normal hours now, as opposed to when the last WC took place, I'll still be able to monitor the games from work, so i won't miss anything. I can't wait to see how we fare against our group....with some of our players having more experience in Europe this time around, it'll be interesting to see if it's made any difference or if it's too early yet.

WOOOOHOOO!!!

U-S-A!!! U-S-A!!! U-S-A!!!!

Unfortunately for me, its only the Bills and the Sabres.

I never got into baseball or basketball at all really. In fact, I've only been to one MLB game in my life, and it was the 2003 World Series, Marlins/Yankees when I lived in Florida. Never been so bored at a sporting event. The only NBA game I've been to was floor seats at the Miami heat, in 2003/2004 - seats literally on the court. That wasn't boring as we had a waitress bringing us drinks. In fact, my marketing coordinator at work last week offered me 2 "dugout seats" to an upcoming Diamondbacks game. I'd probably go if it wasn't a 90+ minute drive to Phoenix from here - but I refuse to make the drive to watch a sport where a 70 year old coach is required to still wear a full uniform.

Instead I sit and wait year after year to watch this pathetic football franchise, and this "win in the regular season, choke in the post season" hockey franchise. That's what I get for being born in WNY i guess.

I'm with stoj.

My favorite teams are:

Bills

Sabres

Sabres

Bills

Bills

Bills

Sabres

OH Hell Yeah! Forgot about the Pepsi Bottletops! Loved seeing them as a kid in the Aud!

Reasoning?

A product of my environment. Plain and simple.

I used to take the bus down to the Aud. If I had some extra cents in my pocket, I'd buy the bulldog edition of the Courier-Express that was hawked in the stands.

Also, numerous bus trips to Cleveland, to watch'em play the hated Barons. :worthy:

Here's a site:

http://www.bisonhockey.netfirms.com/

I used to take the bus down to the Aud. If I had some extra cents in my pocket, I'd buy the bulldog edition of the Courier-Express that was hawked in the stands.

Also, numerous bus trips to Cleveland, to watch'em play the hated Barons. :worthy:

Here's a site:

http://www.bisonhockey.netfirms.com/

Good find. Great memories!

Thanks!

I started to answer this and got hung up on the word Loyal. I'm not loyal to any teams anymore. There are more important things in life.

Change the word 'loyal' to the phrase "follow intensely"

I started to answer this and got hung up on the word Loyal. I'm not loyal to any teams anymore. There are more important things in life.

I just said that because it's usually pretty obvious when someone is a bandwagon jumper, and I really didn't care to have the "sky is falling, abandon ship!" type in the thread. I think people who change their loyalty al the time and go with a team just because they're currently winning are total losers.