Antonio Coleman

K-9

Just finished reading the piece on Coleman and I don't think I've ever been as impressed with a player, especially at his age, when it comes to character. This man is cut from a different cloth and knows how to "walk the walk."

While the odds are against him, I'm rooting hard for him to make it. If not Buffalo, then somewhere in the league. Even if it's the Pats*, Jests, or Phish.

Good luck, Antonio. You are an inspiration. Not only to your nieces and nephews but to anyone who may be feeling hard hit by their circumstances.

GO BILLS!!!

Just finished reading the piece on Coleman and I don't think I've ever been as impressed with a player, especially at his age, when it comes to character. This man is cut from a different cloth and knows how to "walk the walk."

While the odds are against him, I'm rooting hard for him to make it. If not Buffalo, then somewhere in the league. Even if it's the Pats*, Jests, or Phish.

Good luck, Antonio. You are an inspiration. Not only to your nieces and nephews but to anyone who may be feeling hard hit by their circumstances.

GO BILLS!!!

Impressive. But that seems to be a characteristic of all the picks Nix made. It's a really interesting group from that angle. They just seem like a good bunch of level-headed kids. Not a mook in the bunch.

It was a nice post up of him on the Bills website. It seems to be a theme with a lot of the young guys they are bringing in. They all seem to be young hard working guys who are mature and have struggled a bit in their youths and have learned some tough lessons at a young age.

I really like Antonio Coleman, I just have a feeling this guy could be starting this year, especially if Schobel doesn't come back. I think he's everything we were looking for when we drafted Maybin in the first round last year! If he doesn't start I can seem him definitely getting on the field in third down passing situations. I guess it will depend how quickly he adapts to being a linebacker.

I like Coleman, too. We thought he'd be drafted in the 5th or 6th round. Coleman has a chance to make this squad. I bet we'll keep 9-10 Linebackers this year, plus 2 on the PS. Here's the 14 who we have to choose from:

57 Batten, Danny LB 6-4 250 22 R South Dakota State

59 Coleman, Antonio LB 6-1 248 23 R Auburn

54 Davis, Andra LB 6-1 251 31 9 Florida

93 Ellis, Chris LB 6-4 261 25 3 Virginia Tech

56 Ellison, Keith LB 6-0 229 26 5 Oregon State

50 Harris, Nic LB 6-2 232 23 2 Oklahoma

90 Kelsay, Chris LB 6-4 261 30 8 Nebraska

52 Manalac, Ryan LB 6-0 235 24 1 Cincinnati

58 Maybin, Aaron LB 6-4 250 22 2 Penn State

55 Mitchell, Kawika LB 6-1 253 30 8 South Florida

53 Moats, Arthur LB 6-2 250 22 R James Madison

51 Posluszny, Paul LB 6-1 238 25 4 Penn State

94 Schobel, Aaron LB 6-4 243 32 10 TCU

49 Wright, Mike LB 6-1 241 23 R Utah

If Schobel doesn't come back, you could release Manalac (or Ellison; both are lightweights) and put two rookies on the PS.

I hope it looks like this at the end of camp assuming 9 make the 53 man roster. I assume Schobel retires in this scenario.

I'd forgotten Ellis was even on the team, what are his chances of making the transition to LB? A guy like Maybin will stick around because it's only his second year and the team isn't going to want to cut a high draft pick that early, but Ellis hasn't made a mark at all up to this point so I have to think he faces an uphill battle to make the roster.

I'd forgotten Ellis was even on the team, what are his chances of making the transition to LB? A guy like Maybin will stick around because it's only his second year and the team isn't going to want to cut a high draft pick that early, but Ellis hasn't made a mark at all up to this point so I have to think he faces an uphill battle to make the roster.

I like your chessboxer avatar.

:w00t:

Maybe Ellis gets a pass due to early injuries. He has the size and speed, and at OLB I would think he could handle some of the TE's in our division better than most.

I hope it looks like this at the end of camp assuming 9 make the 53 man roster. I assume Schobel retires in this scenario.

I hope Mitchell's not on that list. Short arms, slow, awful angles, poor tackler, irritating tweets--probably my most disliked Bills player of all time.

OK, let's look at this from OLB-ILB perspective.

Outside Linebackers (Keep 6 in bold, put 1 on PS?)

50 Harris, Nic ---OLB, but coming off injury and not likely practicing yet

57 Batten, Danny ---OLB

59 Coleman, Antonio ---OLB

58 Maybin, Aaron ---OLB

55 Mitchell, Kawika ---OLB or MLB

93 Ellis, Chris ---OLB

56 Ellison, Keith ---OLB

90 Kelsay, Chris ---OLB (what he played in college)

52 Manalac, Ryan ---OLB

94 Schobel, Aaron ---OLB

Additionally, Bryan Scott and Jon Corto would be OLB. I'd keep Scott over Ellis.

Middle Linebackers (Keep 3, put 1 on PS?)

51 Posluszny, Paul---MLB

54 Davis, Andra---MLB

53 Moats, Arthur ---MLB

49 Wright, Mike ---MLB

Additionally, Marcus Buggs would be a MLB, and I like him over Wright.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUyj73qqOgU

Some things I liked on this kid after watching a few clips:

1. Love his Change of Direction skills. Seems he can turn sharp with good hip movement without losing balance.

2. Really liked how he pushed his man back into the play. Good upper body strength.

3. Nice hand punch and swim move. Not a "one-trick-pony" type of player.

4. Never seemed to lose the ball. Always knew where the play was being run.

5. Fast, could be faster off the snap, but closed with a burst. Good hustle.

Now, I know the highlights were just...... well, highlights, but if you watch and see what he does well, it seems to me he as a TON of things to build upon.

Go Bills!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUyj73qqOgU

Some things I liked on this kid after watching a few clips:

1. Love his Change of Direction skills. Seems he can turn sharp with good hip movement without losing balance.

2. Really liked how he pushed his man back into the play. Good upper body strength.

3. Nice hand punch and swim move. Not a "one-trick-pony" type of player.

4. Never seemed to lose the ball. Always knew where the play was being run.

5. Fast, could be faster off the snap, but closed with a burst. Good hustle.

Now, I know the highlights were just...... well, highlights, but if you watch and see what he does well, it seems to me he as a TON of things to build upon.

Go Bills!

Great video, and great post. Welcome to the Wall. :w00t:

I guess speed is the issue with Coleman so we'll see. I'd like to really see what Nic Harris can do. He's smaller, but not Keith Ellison small. He played with a nasty streak before getting hurt. Being a converted safety, he would be great in coverage. He's a good hitter and I hope we can give him a chance in this new scheme.