Josh Reed

Another poster talked about the ESPN article about T.O. being washed up and nobody picking him up......but i'm kinda shocked josh reed is out there....he can't be asking for much more than the minimum.....i thought the bills didn't resign him because they were going in a different direction, not because he was incompetent......if he is that bad, how sad is it we've clung to him for the past few years?

anyone have any insights into josh reed's status or visits?

thanks

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

its not sad, we kept him because he was serviceable and knew the team and playbook, good blocker, but lots of guys who can still play dont get picked up when teams would rather develop a young guy w better measurables, exactly what we're doing with hardy this year. He may suck but hes got the job, maybe reed will be someones 5th receiver after injuries. heck we had Bill Brooks his last year and he was awesome, next year out of football.

dont put him down or the Bills, this happens with tons of players

Another poster talked about the ESPN article about T.O. being washed up and nobody picking him up......but i'm kinda shocked josh reed is out there....he can't be asking for much more than the minimum.....i thought the bills didn't resign him because they were going in a different direction, not because he was incompetent......if he is that bad, how sad is it we've clung to him for the past few years?

thanks

I was under the impression that the Pats picked him up. Surprised Reed is still out there. I thought he was no better than any other receiver last year. Still I hope our young guys step up and do well this year. We can always get faster and stronger.

that's one of the things that surprised me....he had a tryout with the pats* and i thought "oh no, here we go again, they know something we don't and josh reed will kill us over the middle for a few years" etc.....but they never signed him, which is a bad sign for his career. the pats* seem pretty astute talent evaluators and if they didn't like him as a possession receiver, with welker down......just thought that was a red flag also.

thanks

It's still early in the process.

It was love/hate with Josh. If you remember, people were calling for him not only to be cut, but to be cut into tiny pieces. Bad dropsies early on. Later on, too. He at least was our best (only?) blocking receiver the past few years. What year was it that he got hurt, and just happened to be one of Trent's go to guys? The offense went deeper into the toilet when Reed was out.

What year was it that he got hurt, and just happened to be one of Trent's go to guys? The offense went deeper into the toilet when Reed was out.

I think that's a really good point, it was two years ago...same year Trent had his concussion. Great point.

Wow guys I guess I have some news for you. Josh Reeds stinks and always has his career is over we should have cut him three years ago. He's not serviceable, tell me how good of a blocker he is again. Yeah that 5-7 frame was tough to move around. He's just another bad mistake Marv made as GM. Jauron stuck with him had to pretend no no we like Josh he's a good player. With Evans and Owens Josh had the back up corner on him all the time He will rip it up. Ended up ripping us off.

A lot of guys the Bills let go or cut the career in the NFL is over not just Buffalo

Josh Reed has made the most out of his limited talents. IMO, he might sign with a team for the minimum and fill a hole on someone's roster but for most teams there are younger, cheaper, and more talented WRs already in place.

The Bills decided not to bring him back and you would have to think that was Reed's best shot.

no no.....not putting anyone down.......just looking for info and noticing how quick you can go from player to unemployed.....merely looking for info and insight......

many thanks.....

Andre Reed and Jerry Rice couldn't make it to the Denver Brocoos Roster in their last year of playing...enough said...

All across the NFL, veteran players with something left are prematurely going into unwanted retirement. I can't help but forget Derrick Brooks, a future HOF'er who was unceremoniously dumped in TB. He never caught on with another team, and while it's possible he was through, I think teams would prefer to play rookie minimum than veteran minimum.

All across the NFL, veteran players with something left are prematurely going into unwanted retirement. I can't help but forget Derrick Brooks, a future HOF'er who was unceremoniously dumped in TB. He never caught on with another team, and while it's possible he was through, I think teams would prefer to play rookie minimum than veteran minimum.

Yeah, and what about Shaun Alexander? With 32 teams, the NFL is not as deep in talent as they like to think they are and yet they seem to be more interested in youth these days no matter how raw the talent level.

He plays a position where there is alot of depth all over the league. He isn't a #1 WR so teams aren't running out to sign him. Its still early for teams to sign #3-4 WR's. He will be picked up just prior to a teams Training Camp for $1-2 mil, or some team will bring him in to replace someone who gets injured in Camp.

Yeah, and what about Shaun Alexander? With 32 teams, the NFL is not as deep in talent as they like to think they are and yet they seem to be more interested in youth these days no matter how raw the talent level.

No position in the NFL has a shorter career life than RB's. WR's need to have speed, but they definitely don't take the punishment that a RB does after getting 350+ carries in 2004-05. You'll note Alexander's top season in 05 was his last with outstanding numbers. Also probably didn't help that Walter Jones was getting older and Hutchinson signed a big contract in MIN after the 05 season.