Donald Penn RFA OT

Sorry, but it been boring since the Gaither talk has cooled down. I was not a fan of trading Lynch, I'm really still not, but with all this signing and drafting of RB, I think a trade is going to happen. My biggest concern with the team is the O-line. I was reading ESPN today, about Donald Penn and they were saying that he refuses to sign his tender, and he looking for a long tern deal at about 6 mil a year and if not a hold out is possible. When I looked up his status it seem that he been Tampa's starter for 2 1/2 years now at left tackle. Does anyone know anything about this guy? I really don't know anything about him expect he only 27, but a trade with tampa for him for lynch might work for both teams. I thought I heard Tampa was intersted in Lynch before the draft.

Thoughts?

What strikes me is that, for what it's worth (didn't spend time looking at the methodology), we don't have a player in the Top 50 on this list. Not new news, and we all know our OT's aren't tops in the league, but this is just depressing to look at.

He was the only guy the Bills played last year that was able to actually handle Schobel for an entire game. If the Bills are going to make a move for a veteran OTackle, that is the guy I'd like to see them target.

He was the only guy the Bills played last year that was able to actually handle Schobel for an entire game. If the Bills are going to make a move for a veteran OTackle, that is the guy I'd like to see them target.

According to that profootballfocus site, that was his only good game of the year.

I don't think it's a coincidence that Penn decided he needed to drop weight in his 2nd RFA year in a row. Both he and Gaither seem to have some motivational issues, although maybe the light has gone on for him. Tampa seems to be in the business of cutting salary, but a trade means a contract extension in all probability. Another UDFA who made something of himself.

Sorry, but it been boring since the Gaither talk has cooled down. I was not a fan of trading Lynch, I'm really still not, but with all this signing and drafting of RB, I think a trade is going to happen. My biggest concern with the team is the O-line. I was reading ESPN today, about Donald Penn and they were saying that he refuses to sign his tender, and he looking for a long tern deal at about 6 mil a year and if not a hold out is possible. When I looked up his status it seem that he been Tampa's starter for 2 1/2 years now at left tackle. Does anyone know anything about this guy? I really don't know anything about him expect he only 27, but a trade with tampa for him for lynch might work for both teams. I thought I heard Tampa was intersted in Lynch before the draft.

Thoughts?

Looks like the only really good game he had last year was against, um, us.

http://profootballfocus.com/by_player.php?...p;playerid=3459

As Doc noted, he was a great deal better in 2008. I wonder what happened in the interim? Weight gain? An injury? Dissatisfaction? I don't know, but it's hard to get excited about a guy whose performance got so much worse. I think you'd need to know a lot more about this guy.

I'd be open to trying to learn, though.

According to that profootballfocus site, that was his only good game of the year.

How accurate are the Statistics and Grading?

Not very...

"As with any type of analysis we are always at the whim of the TV companies who seem to think showing a QB or HBs face right up until the snap somehow makes good coverage. We do the best we can but can't guarantee to cover every play. To this you can add human error both in terms of simple mistakes and also interpretation of definitions when grading.' :unsure:

I live in Tampa, and get all of the Bucs info I can handle. Donald Penn is an absolute STUD! He is known here as THE BEST TACKLE IN FOOTBALL THAT NO ONE HAS HEARD OF! I am sure we would never go after him, but if we did I myself would be thrilled! Nothing but GREAT is spoke of this guy around here.