Ah, The Bay Area

The lack of compassion in this thread is astounding to me.

How can a teacher teach if they're constantly worried about being threatened with having to contribute to their healthcare and not retiring at 55 with 30 and 70-75% of the average of their last 5 year's pay and full benefits?

No wonder the country's going to hell in a hand basket.

And you get sniveling little tea-party-in-the-making kids everyday wanting to have God "bless" everything - even the flag!

Next you'll be wondering why this teacher put in for a transfer to the local high school so she can get in on some of the hot 15-17 year-old action.

Oh, the humanity!

The lack of compassion in this thread is astounding to me.

How can a teacher teach if they're constantly worried about being threatened with having to contribute to their healthcare and not retiring at 55 with 30 and 70-75% of the average of their last 5 year's pay and full benefits?

No wonder the country's going to hell in a hand basket.

And you get sniveling little tea-party-in-the-making kids everyday wanting to have God "bless" everything - even the flag!

Next you'll be wondering why this teacher put in for a transfer to the local high school so she can get in on some of the hot 15-17 year-old action.

Oh, the humanity!

I blame the bond vigilantes....

I blame the bond vigilantes....

That would only be a start.

All those earning over $200k a year should be fined for their criminal behavior.

It's just not right that people can earn that much - and for the love of Gosh - even more! :thumbsup:

They should have that money taken from them and given to those that NEED it! Greedy pig bastages.

That would only be a start.

All those earning over $200k a year should be fined for their criminal behavior.

It's just not right that people can earn that much - and for the love of Gosh - even more! :thumbsup:

They should have that money taken from them and given to those that NEED it! Greedy pig bastages.

It's all ME, ME, Me with this people. Selfish conservatives who simply don't care one bit about anyone but themselves.

Not like those big-hearted, selfless liberals who just give, give, give. Granted, they're giving stuff they haven't earned themselves, but that's besides the point.

Why can't more people be like Nancy Pelosi, who just told a bunch of DC artist wannabees shown here that she sees the health care bill as “an entrepreneurial bill, a bill that says to someone, if you want to be creative and be a musician or whatever, you can leave your work, focus on your talent, your skill, your passion, your aspirations because you will have health care. You won’t have to be job locked.”

That just the kind of thinking that makes you proud to be from this great country.

It's all ME, ME, Me with this people. Selfish conservatives who simply don't care one bit about anyone but themselves.

Not like those big-hearted, selfless liberals who just give, give, give. Granted, they're giving stuff they haven't earned themselves, but that's besides the point.

Why can't more people be like Nancy Pelosi, who just told a bunch of DC artist wannabees shown here that she sees the health care bill as “an entrepreneurial bill, a bill that says to someone, if you want to be creative and be a musician or whatever, you can leave your work, focus on your talent, your skill, your passion, your aspirations because you will have health care. You won’t have to be job locked.”

That just the kind of thinking that makes you proud to be from this great country.

I know exactly what she's talking about...I'd like to do wood carvings, myself, but I can't because I need health insurance.

:thumbsup: Really, does anyone buy this lady's shtick?

I think Peggy was a teacher, so she was right. She gots her rent paid, letric, gas, foods, and everything else.

she been saved. Good job bomaman.

Greece here we come.

I'm starting to believe that Obama cares nothing about fiscal responsibility and is playing this to be a 1-term President. He simply wants to move his agenda forward with no regard for the longer term.

I'm starting to believe that Obama cares nothing about fiscal responsibility and is playing this to be a 1-term President. He simply wants to move his agenda forward with no regard for the longer term.

Just starting? Glad you woke up... :thumbsup:

I agree that he's shown little disregard for popular opinion and his reelection chances. He's done what he things is best for the country without much care for compromising. (In that vein, he's exactly like his predecessor.)

I agree that he's shown little disregard for popular opinion and his reelection chances. He's done what he things is best for the country without much care for compromising. (In that vein, he's exactly like his predecessor.)

So, in other words he cares what the majority thinks?