The Road not Taken!!!!!

Isn't it ironic that we by passed Colt McCoy deep in the draft, but we take some unknown, inexperienced RB that Indy discarded named Colt Simpson. "No offense O.J.".....

Wasn't there a free agent offensive tackle available not too long ago....Levi Jones or something like that? So instead

we draft a small time QB in the 7th round Levi Brown..."No offense Jim"....

Then didn't we just pick up a RB named Mendenhall? Well, yeah I know we did...but isn't the other one the one that

matters? We picked up another unknown!

I also know we picked up some hall of famers! Well actually their college players that went undrafted, but the Bills have

high hopes for some of them. At least their optimistic! Yeah, but the names sure are iconic football names from the past:

Destin Harris...."Darn not Franco"

Sean Allen...... Drats not Marcus

Antonio Coleman...Well not Monte

Bell, Jones, Johnson (at least he's not Rob)...

So after this big splash in free agency and the draft what are your feelings on how much we improved, regressed, or stayed the same????

To me, I like as Robert Frost put it "The Road not taken", but I like that road better than the road we took !!! It's also so ironic that the best player that this franchise has selected in the past five years is at a position that we didn't really need

to improve on in contrast to severe needs at QB and OLT.

Just remember, praise their selections if you want..but mark my work when we struggle this year...we're all going to say..boy they lost some close games...if we just had a better QB and better blocking for the QB we would've won 8 or 9 games at least.

Unfortunately, the sad reality is that when it's all said and done and everyone has spoken their piece...and Donte predicts the playoffs again, and Chan Gailey talks about turning it around like the Dolphins and Jets did...We're still going to be

5 wins and 11 losses until we ADDRESS OUR NEEDS with big boy college players that played against top competition. This little tweener team of little guys from little colleges that can play more than one position including special teams like Spiller..is not what I want my team to be like....You don't see Pittsburgh or Baltimore get manhandled, and you see that quality teams like N.ENG and Indy have the skill positon guys which you need...The Brady's, Moss's, etc....Who do we really have at WR for sure besides Lee Evans?????? Parrish?? yeah right, Hardy? Hardly....Easley? It won't be Easy for the rook! Stevie (I wonder) Johnson? Not so far? Who??? Maybe, we should get the old but better than anything we have on our roster Marvin Harrison if he's not back with Indy!

Core players?? Pozluzny...no Pozinjury is out more than in! Schoebel? Just sold his house! Sounds like that ship has sailed!

Byrd (break...smile..2 more years GONE!) to highest bidder! u say no???? Hmmmm...Pat Williams, Nate Clements, Antwoine Winfield, Sam Cowhart, Jabari Greer, that Leonhart guy whose quite good!....etc....

It starts at the top..and as long as they hire coaches and staff on the cheap and avoid QB's in the first two rounds...they won't ever make it back to the playoffs! I see people predicting great things...that they are building towards..but it's all a

facade. Even when they bring a player along like Peters, they repeatedly have shown that they are not willing to pay what it takes to keep him. That is a fact and history continually repeats itself. The top teams keep most of their superstars..Indy will retire a Colt and Brady will spend several years on the Patriots unless he gets plagued by injuries. Good teams keep their stars, the Bills like the Bisons is a good place to watch some young players develop and if they become a desirable

player move on to a "real" NFL Franchise!!!! I hate to say all this, but it's the way it is and I'm a diehard supporter of da

Bills regardless of the product they put on the field every year. But, I'm not going to call a pile of sh*t a pile of Gold !!!!! :thumbsup:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please go drink bleach or become a Pats fan (or chose from any other team), the Bills don't need or want you

Waaaaaaaaaaa, the Bills didn't sign some big name guys and didn't draft guys I have heard of and ESPN or some other draft magazine/website told me were good. They should just call their season off, why bother playing?

Please go drink bleach or become a Pats fan (or chose from any other team), the Bills don't need or want you

Waaaaaaaaaaa, the Bills didn't sign some big name guys and didn't draft guys I have heard of and ESPN or some other draft magazine/website told me were good. They should just call their season off, why bother playing?

While the original post was bizarre and spastic....grow the !@#$ up.

I read your entire post. I too am a diehard supporter of our Bills. My favorite line of yours was when you wrote: "I'm not going to call a pile of sh*t a pile of Gold !!!!!". Strong words, but very true.

There are more things wrong with our team than right. I hate to admit that, but's it's true. However, a few things right with this team are as follows: Chan Gailey, Fred Jackson, Moorman, the Byrd man, & Spiller. There are more good things I can think of, but those few names came to mind as people with upside in our organization.

You speak with passion and I respect that. But really do you know how to build a winning franchise if so you should be making millions to do so. Otherwise let the proffessionals build the team.

As far as this fans perspective, who says it has to be a first or second round QB that takes us to the promise land? We trade a first round pick t the Patriots for their former first round pick star and only sniffed the playoffs once in three years. He was repkaced on his old team by a 6th rd QB who has won 3 out of 4 superbowls.

Now Manning, Peyton that is, is a rarety he is a one man offensive machine well wortht he first rd pick has a consistent winning record but only 1-1 in the big game but he makes stars out of no names around him for the most part.

Now on to the Bills. I know we are all BAh Humbug about this team but look the season hasnt started. Gailey has a better record then anyone after wade phillips. Our team is not without talent. We hve 3 good/great RBS. One deep threat reciever, potentially a second good reciever in Johnson. possibly a diamond or two in the rough recivers.

Its the OL everyone complais about but Levitre Hangartner and Wood are a solid three if healthy whichmeans the Rt/LT battle someone needs to step and do a good Job, Your no name rant is a moot point here becuase Jason Petteres was an UNDRAFTED TE who stepped up to RT then over to LT so it is possible that a valuedreplacement is already here. I believe as much as the coaching staff believes that one of the three QBS are going to get the job done and personally I think it will be Brohm who gets the keys.( who by the way was a second round pick just saying) The defense was retooled on the line and more deth at LB and a pretty good secondary.

So what am I saying look at what an incompetent coach did with this team 7-9 I think chan this season gives us +2 becuase he knows QBS and offensive game planning that is 9-7 yeah probably not the playoffs but a couple of good bounces and maybe we slide in. Other then that we are ready to make the playoffs next footabll season.

Give the team a chance to play a regular season game before you say they suck.

Isn't it ironic that we by passed Colt McCoy deep in the draft, but we take some unknown, inexperienced RB that Indy discarded named Colt Simpson. "No offense O.J.".....

Wasn't there a free agent offensive tackle available not too long ago....Levi Jones or something like that? So instead

we draft a small time QB in the 7th round Levi Brown..."No offense Jim"....

Then didn't we just pick up a RB named Mendenhall? Well, yeah I know we did...but isn't the other one the one that

matters? We picked up another unknown!

I also know we picked up some hall of famers! Well actually their college players that went undrafted, but the Bills have

high hopes for some of them. At least their optimistic! Yeah, but the names sure are iconic football names from the past:

Destin Harris...."Darn not Franco"

Sean Allen...... Drats not Marcus

Antonio Coleman...Well not Monte

Bell, Jones, Johnson (at least he's not Rob)...

So after this big splash in free agency and the draft what are your feelings on how much we improved, regressed, or stayed the same????

To me, I like as Robert Frost put it "The Road not taken", but I like that road better than the road we took !!! It's also so ironic that the best player that this franchise has selected in the past five years is at a position that we didn't really need

to improve on in contrast to severe needs at QB and OLT.

Just remember, praise their selections if you want..but mark my work when we struggle this year...we're all going to say..boy they lost some close games...if we just had a better QB and better blocking for the QB we would've won 8 or 9 games at least.

Unfortunately, the sad reality is that when it's all said and done and everyone has spoken their piece...and Donte predicts the playoffs again, and Chan Gailey talks about turning it around like the Dolphins and Jets did...We're still going to be

5 wins and 11 losses until we ADDRESS OUR NEEDS with big boy college players that played against top competition. This little tweener team of little guys from little colleges that can play more than one position including special teams like Spiller..is not what I want my team to be like....You don't see Pittsburgh or Baltimore get manhandled, and you see that quality teams like N.ENG and Indy have the skill positon guys which you need...The Brady's, Moss's, etc....Who do we really have at WR for sure besides Lee Evans?????? Parrish?? yeah right, Hardy? Hardly....Easley? It won't be Easy for the rook! Stevie (I wonder) Johnson? Not so far? Who??? Maybe, we should get the old but better than anything we have on our roster Marvin Harrison if he's not back with Indy!

Core players?? Pozluzny...no Pozinjury is out more than in! Schoebel? Just sold his house! Sounds like that ship has sailed!

Byrd (break...smile..2 more years GONE!) to highest bidder! u say no???? Hmmmm...Pat Williams, Nate Clements, Antwoine Winfield, Sam Cowhart, Jabari Greer, that Leonhart guy whose quite good!....etc....

It starts at the top..and as long as they hire coaches and staff on the cheap and avoid QB's in the first two rounds...they won't ever make it back to the playoffs! I see people predicting great things...that they are building towards..but it's all a

facade. Even when they bring a player along like Peters, they repeatedly have shown that they are not willing to pay what it takes to keep him. That is a fact and history continually repeats itself. The top teams keep most of their superstars..Indy will retire a Colt and Brady will spend several years on the Patriots unless he gets plagued by injuries. Good teams keep their stars, the Bills like the Bisons is a good place to watch some young players develop and if they become a desirable

player move on to a "real" NFL Franchise!!!! I hate to say all this, but it's the way it is and I'm a diehard supporter of da

Bills regardless of the product they put on the field every year. But, I'm not going to call a pile of sh*t a pile of Gold !!!!! :thumbsup:

Yawn.

That is a fact and history continually repeats itself. The top teams keep most of their superstars..Indy will retire a Colt and Brady will spend several years on the Patriots unless he gets plagued by injuries. Good teams keep their stars, the Bills like the Bisons is a good place to watch some young players develop and if they become a desirable

Soo....Indy will retire a colt huh? Interesting assessment there Tony... :thumbsup:

jesus what the f was that? are you twelve? you still find it neat just to see some patterns in peoples names? We write about this stuff every day here, just not as lamely. Lamely, is that a word? well it is now.

I've always thought it was.

jesus what the f was that? are you twelve? you still find it neat just to see some patterns in peoples names? We write about this stuff every day here, just not as lamely. Lamely, is that a word? well it is now.

lamely

Main Entry: 1lame

Pronunciation: \ˈlām\

Function: adjective

Inflected Form(s): lam·er; lam·est

Etymology: Middle English, from Old English lama; akin to Old High German lam lame, Lithuanian limti to break down

Date: before 12th century

1 a : having a body part and especially a limb so disabled as to impair freedom of movement b : marked by stiffness and soreness <a lame shoulder>

2 : lacking needful or desirable substance : weak, ineffectual <a lame excuse>

3 slang : not being in the know : square

4 a : inferior <a lame school> b : contemptible, nasty <lame racist jokes>

— lame·ly adverb

— lame·ness noun

...I hate to say all this...

...that's OK, most of the readers out here hated you saying it more. Your humor was way too odd, but your take on the Bills was not bad.

The stupidest comment from OBD this off season has been Chan bragging how this team can make a quick turn around much like the Dolphins from a couple of seasons ago. Stupid, or just egotistical, take you pick, but Gailey and his staff seem to think they can take their "system" of training and coaching and turn any team around into a winner, while they don't bring in any real new talent at all. Here's one slight difference between those Dolphins and these Bills...Miami brought in experienced Chad Pennington to run the offense, while Gailey thinks he can convert on of his hold over QB's into a field general as good as Pennington was that season for Miami. Good luck, Gailey on that one.

Now Pennington might have fallen down the depth chart in Miami because of his weak arm and injury problems, but he had one hell of a great year two seasons ago, and the Dolphins took advantage of a brand new "scheme" with that Wild Cat look. Not to mention the fact they started the number one pick in the entire draft at LT, while the Bills didn't invest in a LT unitl the 4th round themselves this year. So in reality, I cannot imagine a Miami like turn around for the Bills this season, despite the fact Ralph is "paying millions to the experts to build his team."

You speak with passion and I respect that. But really do you know how to build a winning franchise if so you should be making millions to do so. Otherwise let the proffessionals build the team.

Come on! Let the pros build the team, huh? That's your comeback? Didn't the "pros" BUILD this team?? Don't they every year?

So what am I saying look at what an incompetent coach did with this team 7-9 I think chan this season gives us +2 becuase he knows QBS and offensive game planning that is 9-7 yeah probably not the playoffs but a couple of good bounces and maybe we slide in. Other then that we are ready to make the playoffs next footabll season.

You should go back and take a look at CG's passing offenses while he has been an OC in this league.