Gaither- no deal yet

I see no reason to rush the process. Ozzie is running out of time also. The cat is already out of the bag that they have absolutely no intention of resigning him, and they themselves no longer look at him as their starting left tackle. Add to that Gaither under these circumstances is probably even less motivated than before. If they don't move him this year he walks next year and they get nothing. At this point in time it would not surprise me if we are offering only a 3rd for him allowing a last minute move up to a second rounder if they really want him. Keep in mind also that this guy was a 5th round pick, clearly demonstrating as an example that some of our own late round linemen can be developed also. As a Bills fan if we get him a great price pick wise but it takes till almost training camp to get it done, I am not worried. He is a quality veteran that will pick up our offense by the end of August. The Ravens however would like to move their new blood into the RT slot sooner than later given that they have a relatively inexperienced player to move there. I hope we continue to play hardball with the Ravens. Playing this situation right is as critical as any game on Sunday.

Remind me again why the Bills didn't give that kind of money to their pro bowl tackle, and instead dispatched him to Philly for draft picks?

Because Russ Brandon and Ralph Wilson should not have been making personnel decisions? This is a new regime that hopefully understands the value and going rate of quality left tackles. Ralph remains but hopefully has learned from his mistakes.

I see no reason to rush the process. Ozzie is running out of time also. The cat is already out of the bag that they have absolutely no intention of resigning him, and they themselves no longer look at him as their starting left tackle. Add to that Gaither under these circumstances is probably even less motivated than before. If they don't move him this year he walks next year and they get nothing. At this point in time it would not surprise me if we are offering only a 3rd for him allowing a last minute move up to a second rounder if they really want him. Keep in mind also that this guy was a 5th round pick, clearly demonstrating as an example that some of our own late round linemen can be developed also. As a Bills fan if we get him a great price pick wise but it takes till almost training camp to get it done, I am not worried. He is a quality veteran that will pick up our offense by the end of August. The Ravens however would like to move their new blood into the RT slot sooner than later given that they have a relatively inexperienced player to move there. I hope we continue to play hardball with the Ravens. Playing this situation right is as critical as any game on Sunday.

Good post!

Another thread reporting Gaither is injured. Let's just face it, this is not going to happen. Buddy thinks Wang and Bell can do the job.

We may already have our LT in Wang or Bell. Why waste a high draft pick on a guy who is injured and may not have the best attitude?

PTR

post of the day.

Newsome is a great negoiator. If Nix is not up to par, he will be eaten alive. I cannot imagine Nix think bad enough of our current roster to give up the house for this injured right tackle. Or other team will line up in front of One Bills Drive to trade with us. Hopefully he is not a sucker!

The bat signal failed in the last post.

Whatever happened to the Caped TBD Crusader?

He probably only comes around when he has something he can report. If he has inside info on this it's probably too sensitive to discuss right now.

I would keep him too if I was Newsome. They are not paying him that much, he'll play RG for a year and then leave. Oh well, it sounded like it could have worked last week.

These bits are from Rotoworld.

Newsome is just trying to get the Bills back for the robbery they pulled on him with McGahee.

Leodis McKelvin-DB- Bills May. 8 - 4:48 pm et

Bills RCB Leodis McKelvin is reportedly unavailable for a potential Jared Gaither trade.

Rumors of a Gaither-to-Buffalo trade persist. Adam Schefter shot down a report of a second-rounder going to Baltimore, and we've also seen one scenario that has Ashton Youboty going to the Ravens. McKelvin, however, is staying put.

Source: Aaron Wilson on Twitter

Related: Ravens

I think the CB starving cRavens are trying to get McKelvin from Buffalo in a Gaither trade. If Buffalo trades McKelvin I'll be pissed. I'd rather go without Gaither than lose McKelvin. JMO.

Jamon Meredith-T- Bills May. 10 - 1:56 pm et

Jamon Meredith was the Bills' first-string left tackle at the team's initial post-draft minicamp.

Meredith may be replaced when Demetrius Bell gets healthy, but this is one of the ugliest first-string offensive lines we've ever seen. Meredith's (8 career games, 4 career starts) bookend tackle was Nick Hennessey (1 game, 0 starts). The starting right guard was Jason Watkins (0 games), and the center was Christian Gaddis (2 games, 0 starts). Second-year LG Andy Levitre (16 games, 16 starts) was easily the most experienced starter. Only Levitre and Meredith were drafted. It's going to be a long year in Buffalo.

Source: Buffalo News

Related: Christian Gaddis, Andy Levitre, Nick Hennessey, Jason Watkins

Did anyone tell these morons that it was a rookie camp? :sick:

Here's what the Buffalo News article says;

The Bills' offensive line units during the first part of Friday's minicamp practice consisted of, left to right: Jamon Meredith, Andy Levitre, Christian Gaddis, Jason Watkins and Nick Hennessey; and Ed Wang, Andre Ramsey, Sean Allen, Kyle Calloway and Cordaro Howard. Jorge Guerra and Kyle Mutcher were rotating into the units as well.

Right now the starting lineup looks like Bell, Wood, Hangartner, Levitre, Green

He probably only comes around when he has something he can report. If he has inside info on this it's probably too sensitive to discuss right now.

These bits are from Rotoworld.

Newsome is just trying to get the Bills back for the robbery they pulled on him with McGahee.

Leodis McKelvin-DB- Bills May. 8 - 4:48 pm et

Bills RCB Leodis McKelvin is reportedly unavailable for a potential Jared Gaither trade.

Rumors of a Gaither-to-Buffalo trade persist. Adam Schefter shot down a report of a second-rounder going to Baltimore, and we've also seen one scenario that has Ashton Youboty going to the Ravens. McKelvin, however, is staying put.

Source: Aaron Wilson on Twitter

Related: Ravens

I think the CB starving cRavens are trying to get McKelvin from Buffalo in a Gaither trade. If Buffalo trades McKelvin I'll be pissed. I'd rather go without Gaither than lose McKelvin. JMO.

I'd be pissed as well, I don't think Nix is that lame to give up McK, unless it was an even up trade and even then...

Jamon Meredith-T- Bills May. 10 - 1:56 pm et

Jamon Meredith was the Bills' first-string left tackle at the team's initial post-draft minicamp.

Meredith may be replaced when Demetrius Bell gets healthy, but this is one of the ugliest first-string offensive lines we've ever seen. Meredith's (8 career games, 4 career starts) bookend tackle was Nick Hennessey (1 game, 0 starts). The starting right guard was Jason Watkins (0 games), and the center was Christian Gaddis (2 games, 0 starts). Second-year LG Andy Levitre (16 games, 16 starts) was easily the most experienced starter. Only Levitre and Meredith were drafted. It's going to be a long year in Buffalo.

Source: Buffalo News

Related: Christian Gaddis, Andy Levitre, Nick Hennessey, Jason Watkins

Did anyone tell these morons that it was a rookie camp? :)

Here's what the Buffalo News article says;

The Bills' offensive line units during the first part of Friday's minicamp practice consisted of, left to right: Jamon Meredith, Andy Levitre, Christian Gaddis, Jason Watkins and Nick Hennessey; and Ed Wang, Andre Ramsey, Sean Allen, Kyle Calloway and Cordaro Howard. Jorge Guerra and Kyle Mutcher were rotating into the units as well.

Right now the starting lineup looks like Bell, Wood, Hangartner, Levitre, Green Let me add :sick:The first game of the season the coaches will be like... "O ****" when they see the two tackles fold like wet cardboard.

Lets not forget that Newsome was smart enough to say the Ravens changed from a 4-3 defense to a 3-4 because he didn't want to pay Suggs DE $$. All the Ravens did was declare him moved to OLB and have him stand up on the line instead of a 3 point stance and they saved themselves millions.

-------------------------------------- More news about Gaither from that Rotoworld link

Rotoworld.

Jared Gaither was absent for a second straight day of mandatory minicamp Sunday.

His "injury" is listed as a "foot and toe" problem. He's going to get an MRI this week, but PFT hears the injury is "minor" and a trade looks "very likely." It's unclear if the Ravens are just sitting Gaither because they are done with him, or if he's protesting in hopes of a trade. Either way, we don't expect to see Gaither in a Ravens uniform again anytime soon.