Obama to name Kagan for high court

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just do not know what to say. How bad is this going to get?

She's not as liberal as the left wants or as conservative as the right wants. The President gets to pick the SC Justices. She's eminently qualified and should pass in a breeze but of course, the right will embarrass itself (again) and vote against her almost en masse. Setting up the left to do the same when some future Republican nominates a conservative judge. Isn't this fun?

She's not as liberal as the left wants or as conservative as the right wants. The President gets to pick the SC Justices. She's eminently qualified and should pass in a breeze but of course, the right will embarrass itself (again) and vote against her almost en masse. Setting up the left to do the same when some future Republican nominates a conservative judge. Isn't this fun?

I agree to an extent. Everything that I have read about Kagan is that she is supremely qualified, shows good leadership skills (which is important for them), leans left (not as much as loco liberals would like) and shouldn't have that much trouble getting through. Sure, she will get grilled, as she should, and we will hear some hooting and hollering, but my guess is that she will go through with anywhere between 65-75 votes.

While it's not a reliable test, I took the time to peruse the left sites and the right sites, and the people on the edge of each are unhappy. That alone makes it sound like a good pick. The problem that can possibly arise, unfortunately, may come when just one idiot Republican asks her if she's a lesbian. The media will go crazy, a new crisis will be born, and all the current problems will be further ignored.

She's a lesbian (maybe). Who cares.

Everybody, it seems.

Havent you noticed that ethnicity/gender/who you get hard for is the FIRST consideration for a SCOTUS nominee these days and all everyone seems to care about?

the right will embarrass itself (again) and vote against her almost en masse.

Probably. They rarely miss an opportunity to paint themselves in the worst possible light. Of course, when the entire Dem leadership does the same thing, it just doesn't get reported by the media.

Setting up the left to do the same when some future Republican nominates a conservative judge. Isn't this fun?

Like they did with Alito and Roberts. Nozzlenut was in hysterics over Roberts only having two years experience on the bench, so can we presume s/he is outraged over this pick?

Someone will. Someone won't. Someone in charge will say something stupid. And off we will go on yet another discussion that will change very little while adding to the "we sure don't like each other very much" pile. And then we'll be told we need to now put energy, immigration and financial reform aside for the moment and make DADT a priority so we can begin to heal as the nation.

I'm starting to feel had.

Well, let's see...if she is a lesbian:

1. The nuts on the right will be in a moral outrage because everyone should fall in line with their religious beliefs.

2. The nuts on the left will want to glorify her for their own idiot agendas.

Meanwhile , General Franco is still dead.

Well, let's see...if she is a lesbian:

1. The nuts on the right will be in a moral outrage because everyone should fall in line with their religious beliefs.

2. The nuts on the left will want to glorify her for their own idiot agendas.

Meanwhile , General Franco is still dead.

I like the White House's answers to the questions about it today (not the spaking it earlier gave CBS). "We're not going to talk about it." And they shouldn't. It doesn't matter and is stupid. IF she wants to answer the (dumb) question, she can.

Why are all liberal women so damn fugly?

Just because your favorite network so aptly describes its anchors does not mean the left has a monopoly on fuglies.