Time to see how these sun-belt rookies handle snow

Ah. So Bush lives in a small hovel, bathes in a stream and never uses the AC down in the Texas summers. The rich are different from you and me. I'm guessing Rush Limbaugh has a bit of a carbon footprint too. Party don't enter into it.

Let's not even compare Gore and Bush on global warming. One is a raging hypocrite on the subject, the other is not.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah. So Bush lives in a small hovel, bathes in a stream and never uses the AC down in the Texas summers. The rich are different from you and me. I'm guessing Rush Limbaugh has a bit of a carbon footprint too. Party don't enter into it.

It is not quite the small hovel you described. But, I hope you read this.

Hovel Link

It's day 3 of rookie camp, the winds have died down, and it's snowing ever-so-lightly - let's see what some of these Florida, Georgia, and Alabama kids look like in the RWS bowl with a little lite snow!

Guess that is going to screw up our shortest snow season ever?

really? the rest of the world doesn't deny climate change. only the rush wing of this country... funny how the US continues to fall behind the rest of the world in science education.

That's not true. Please actually check your supposed "facts" before posting them. Actually, there is a quite distinguished list of international scientists who disagree with Al Gore's theory of global warming. They include: Timothy Ball, Professor of Geography, Univ of Winnipeg, Robert Carter, Geologist at the Marine Geophysical Laboratory in Australia, and Vincent R. Gray, chemist from the New Zealand Climate Science Coalition. So, if your going to have a debate about global warming, fine. But don't try to tip the scales of such debate by using a blatantly false "fact" such as the one you just set-forth above.

It is not quite the small hovel you described. But, I hope you read this.

Hovel Link

Maybe Gore is trying to single handedly burn up all of the worlds fossil fuels, thus FORCING us to find alternative forms of energy. Very 'Chuck Norris' of him, if you ask me.....

That's not true. Please actually check your supposed "facts" before posting them. Actually, there is a quite distinguished list of international scientists who disagree with Al Gore's theory of global warming. They include: Timothy Ball, Professor of Geography, Univ of Winnipeg, Robert Carter, Geologist at the Marine Geophysical Laboratory in Australia, and Vincent R. Gray, chemist from the New Zealand Climate Science Coalition. So, if your going to have a debate about global warming, fine. But don't try to tip the scales of such debate by using a blatantly false "fact" such as the one you just set-forth above.

Sure its easy to rattle off some names of scientists on either side of the issue. Naming a few scientists doesnt back your position either when like i said the vast majority of the global community disagrees. See, IPCC, UN, US EPA, EU, scientific acamdemies in 32 countries. You can deny and debate the causes for climate change, but arguing against it existing is absurd.

That's not true. Please actually check your supposed "facts" before posting them. Actually, there is a quite distinguished list of international scientists who disagree with Al Gore's theory of global warming. They include: Timothy Ball, Professor of Geography, Univ of Winnipeg, Robert Carter, Geologist at the Marine Geophysical Laboratory in Australia, and Vincent R. Gray, chemist from the New Zealand Climate Science Coalition.

Not to mention...

Mike Leach

Good thing the're not down here in My Yami.

Hit 95 yesterday. In fact, we've broken heat records 4 consecutive days in a row.

The first day of summer is 6 weeks away and Mom Nature is PISSED already.

You don't have to accept that humans have any effect on the climate to accept the evidence that the earth is definitely warming (though it beggars the imagination that over six BILLION people don't have some at least itsy bitsy impact on the globe);

You don't have to accept that the profligate burning of fossil fuels has any "real" effect on climate to accept that climate is changing (though if your fireplace flue has ever backed up on you, you might remember that it wasn't pleasant at all for those who breathe);

You don't have to accept the concurring words of thousands of scientists who specialize in climate/environment/weather/astronomy that we're in deep doo-doo just as I don't have to accept the nay-saying by a handful of climate-change deniers that things are just fine (nearly all of whom are with rightwing think tanks, or on the payroll of fossil fuel companies, or aren't really scientists in these fields);

And, finally, even if the climate was perfectly wonderful and the whole fossil fuel thingee was a giant scam, and you are a John Galt of anti-tree hugging integrity, it still makes profoundly great sense to get off the addiction to oil, most of which comes from highly unstable and hostile-to-you areas of the world, which compels the US to spend trillions on the military to keep it flowing. In other words, becoming energy independent is a security issue of the most profound sort, so even if you get your core information from Rush Beckannity, and even if they're correct (though of course they're idiots), even right wing imbeciles should support "the greening of America."

If you'd like to read a real report (it's brief) from a very important sector of the scientific community, here's a link:

http://www.salon.com/opinion/feature/2010/...urce=newsletter

Can't wait to hear the Rushies take on this.

Oh, and Go Bills! 2010 AFCE Champs.

You don't have to accept that humans have any effect on the climate to accept the evidence that the earth is definitely warming (though it beggars the imagination that over six BILLION people don't have some at least itsy bitsy impact on the globe);

You don't have to accept that the profligate burning of fossil fuels has any "real" effect on climate to accept that climate is changing (though if your fireplace flue has ever backed up on you, you might remember that it wasn't pleasant at all for those who breathe);

You don't have to accept the concurring words of thousands of scientists who specialize in climate/environment/weather/astronomy that we're in deep doo-doo just as I don't have to accept the nay-saying by a handful of climate-change deniers that things are just fine (nearly all of whom are with rightwing think tanks, or on the payroll of fossil fuel companies, or aren't really scientists in these fields);

And, finally, even if the climate was perfectly wonderful and the whole fossil fuel thingee was a giant scam, and you are a John Galt of anti-tree hugging integrity, it still makes profoundly great sense to get off the addiction to oil, most of which comes from highly unstable and hostile-to-you areas of the world, which compels the US to spend trillions on the military to keep it flowing. In other words, becoming energy independent is a security issue of the most profound sort, so even if you get your core information from Rush Beckannity, and even if they're correct (though of course they're idiots), even right wing imbeciles should support "the greening of America."

If you'd like to read a real report (it's brief) from a very important sector of the scientific community, here's a link:

http://www.salon.com/opinion/feature/2010/...urce=newsletter

Can't wait to hear the Rushies take on this.

Oh, and Go Bills! 2010 AFCE Champs.

The IPCC report has had to undergo so many revisions, and retractions from the crap science within, they should give back their Nobel.

The raw data that all of the climate models are based on has been deleted. Weather stations that don't fit the model have been eliminated.

Raw Data Dump

There is really no way to tell how they get the numbers they have. They covered their tracks. If you want to get the real story, you need to do some international research and see what other countries are writing in their press. You cannot quote the UN and think that is good enough.

Oh yeah, and the average temperature of the earth has been in decline since 1995.

Al Gore will not answer questions, or grant an interview for fear he cannot defend himself. This man MADE A MOVIE, and now he doesn't want the press. C'mon man!

Alright, I am sick of this, enough already. I can do this on other blogs.

We do agree on one thing though. Go Bills!

Sheesh!!!! How'd all this crap get started anyway??? All I said was it'd be fun to throw these sunbelt kids outside in the cold and snow for one practice and give 'em a wee inkling of what it feels like here during the season...

19 and 0 baby!!! :wacko:

GO BILLSSS!!!!

IN CHAN WE TRUST!!!!! :sick:

And, finally, even if the climate was perfectly wonderful and the whole fossil fuel thingee was a giant scam, and you are a John Galt of anti-tree hugging integrity, it still makes profoundly great sense to get off the addiction to oil, most of which comes from highly unstable and hostile-to-you areas of the world, which compels the US to spend trillions on the military to keep it flowing. In other words, becoming energy independent is a security issue of the most profound sort,

This is 100% true... I'm not sure how this conveniently gets left out of the debate time and again.

Back on topic: I agree, get out there and play in the snow... BTW, does Brian Brohm play with a glove?! (<---joke)