Gaither not on practice field this morning....

A change in direction from your Gaither post for sure, but I also see this on that NFL news feed:

Cowboys G/C Duke Preston has retired from football.

The decision was confirmed by agent Craig Domann. Preston's plan is to attend divinity school, where he'll apparently study to become a priest. The 28-year-old's career ends after 59 appearances and 20 starts. Preston's best year was in 2008, when he started 11 games at center for the Bills.

I sure hope Gaither is coming our way and just needs a change in scenery!

In related news, Preston will also be investing in a turnstile company, to emulate and serve as a constant reminder of his time with the Bills.

After a few years with the Buffalo Bills praying he wouldn't get his quarterback killed, Duke Preston has decided to attend divinity school....

In related news, Preston will also be investing in a turnstile company, to emulate and serve as a constant reminder of his time with the Bills.

I think Select Comfort is more likely.

"Hi, I'm Duke Preston, former NFL offensive lineman. For years I was hitting the turf on my back as defenders ran over me. I don't know what I would do without my select comfort. My wife sets hers at 78 and I set mine to mimic NFL turf, my favorite. Select Comfort the best nights sleep you'll ever get."

From @Adam_Schefter:

Despite not being on field for practice this morning, Ravens OT Jared Gaither is at the team's facility undergoing treatment.

He's having severe migraines from the thought that he might get traded to Buffalo.

He's having severe migraines from the thought that he might get traded to Buffalo.

Those migraines will disappear once he signs his tender and the Bills restructure him with a long term extension for LT money. Its all about the dough.

:thumbsup:

Those migraines will disappear once he signs his tender and the Bills restructure him with a long term extension for LT money. Its all about the dough.

True dat. I doubt Buffalo would trade for him without getting a contract agreement first. JMO

:thumbsup:

True dat. I doubt Buffalo would trade for him without getting a contract agreement first. JMO

I would assume that the contract restructuring is the reason the trade didn't happen before the draft. I figure the Bills knew they were going to trade for Gaither so there was no reason to draft a tackle in the first three rounds. That allowed them to work on building the defense. Contract negotiations are always tough with top tier players.

Within the next week, I'd bet Buffalo has traded for Gaither, giving them next years second round pick and a player on the roster at a position of need for the Ravens. McGahee is getting older. Perhaps Lynch might be heading to the Ravens as well.

Within the next week, I'd bet Buffalo has traded for Gaither, giving them next years second round pick and a player on the roster at a position of need for the Ravens. McGahee is getting older. Perhaps Lynch might be heading to the Ravens as well.

I doubt Lynch is part of the deal. Besides Rice and McGahee, the Ravens already have LeRon McClain who led them in rushing in 2008.

I don't think Whitner is likely to go to Baltimore in a Gaither trade but IMO he's more likely to go than Lynch. Ed Reed has been injury prone the last few years. He had knee surgery last year and hip surgery just this week.

If Lynch goes anywhere, I think it's St. Louis based on the fact that they have no proven backup to Steven Jackson, who just had surgery for a herniated disc in his back. The Rams are very thin at running back.

I doubt Lynch is part of the deal. Besides Rice and McGahee, the Ravens already have LeRon McClain who led them in rushing in 2008.

If Lynch goes anywhere, I think it's St. Louis based on the fact that they have no proven backup to Steven Jackson, who just had surgery for a herniated disc in his back. The Rams are very thin at running back.

Very much yes on one, and wow on two.

I did not that about Jackson. Yeah, if I were them I would be all over the phone to Buffalo if Lynch is available.

I don't think Whitner is likely to go to Baltimore in a Gaither trade but IMO he's more likely to go than Lynch. Ed Reed has been injury prone the last few years. He had knee surgery last year and hip surgery just this week.

So, it's Lynch to the Rams for their 4th in 2011. That pick and our second to Bal'more for Gaither.

Or, it's Lynch and Whitner to the Rams for their 2011 3rd. That pick and our 4th for Gaither.

Or, is it Lynch and Whitner to the Rams for their 4th and either Atogwe Oshimogho or James Butler (both 6th year veteran starting Safties) to Bal'more with our 2011 3rd for Gaither.

So, it's Lynch to the Rams for their 4th in 2011. That pick and our second to Bal'more for Gaither.

Or, it's Lynch and Whitner to the Rams for their 2011 3rd. That pick and our 4th for Gaither.

Or, is it Lynch and Whitner to the Rams for their 4th and either Atogwe Oshimogho or James Butler (both 6th year veteran starting Safties) to Bal'more with our 2011 3rd for Gaither.

Lynch and Whitner to the Rams for their 3rd? We would be getting ripped off.

Are you hearing this anywere. I am in St. Louis and these stories have not surfaced here.

I would assume that the contract restructuring is the reason the trade didn't happen before the draft.

Perhaps Buddy let the teams that drafted OT in the first round take themselves out of the running for Gaither, lessening the competition for his services...

I think Select Comfort is more likely.

"Hi, I'm Duke Preston, former NFL offensive lineman. For years I was hitting the turf on my back as defenders ran over me. I don't know what I would do without my select comfort. My wife sets hers at 78 and I set mine to mimic NFL turf, my favorite. Select Comfort the best nights sleep you'll ever get."

:thumbsup: That's Great!