NFL Execs expect Gathier trade

If that happens I would consider it maybe the first good move the new FO has made, after ignoring name coaches, good free agents and messing up the draft.

They only ignored Brian Billick. What good free agents would you suggest they had gone after? And how can the draft be considered bad when none of the draftees have even played one NFL down?

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a little concerned that BAL decided to move him over to RT for early workouts. If they don't like his attitude, they wouldn't make such a blatant move and expect another team to fork over a 2nd rounder. They'd leave him at LOT.

Also, he's going to demand a large contract extension, as he'll be heading into the 4th and final year of his rookie contract. I can see him getting 7+M per over 4 or more seasons.

they plan on moving Oher there full time but they also stated both players will rotate between left and right tackle during camp

it doesnt hurt his value one way or the other

The Market for a starting LT is a 1st round pick.

If Peters goes for a 1st +

The Ravens have no reason to move this guy for less.

They are trying to make a run at the Super Bowl.

Having a solid Left and Right Tackle is well worth the non-factual speculation around the player.

If someone offers a first then they pull the trigger if not you ride him as far as you can take him then let him walk away after this year.

Plus with the lockout\strike in 2011, what is a 2011 Draft pick worth?

I'll believe it when I see it.

The Market for a starting LT is a 1st round pick.

If Peters goes for a 1st +

The Ravens have no reason to move this guy for less.

They are trying to make a run at the Super Bowl.

Having a solid Left and Right Tackle is well worth the non-factual speculation around the player.

I am going to think that a bills 1st is different from an Eagles first. I mean, our first could very well be a top ten pick. The eagles pick we got was 26, right? Huge difference. A high second rounder shouldn't be out of the question. Especially since they are obviously going to trade him for something. They aren't going to keep since they are already putting oher in at LT. Gaither won't be their backup.

I am going to think that a bills 1st is different from an Eagles first. I mean, our first could very well be a top ten pick. The eagles pick we got was 26, right? Huge difference. A high second rounder shouldn't be out of the question. Especially since they are obviously going to trade him for something. They aren't going to keep since they are already putting oher in at LT. Gaither won't be their backup.

Not to mention, Peters was a Pro-Bowl LT not just a LT. Price will be higher.

Kyle williams can't be a 3-4 DE and they already got their NTs.

I know they have Ngata as an end/ tackle, but who else do they have? Justin bannan who's gone to Denver. 33 year old Kelly Gregg who's coming off of shoulder surgery, Terrance cody who has never play a single NFL Down. The ravens play alot of 3-4 / 4-3 mix. Williams would be an upgrade at tackle. This guy's a pro bowler who's under rated.

I would be willing to part with our 2nd if need be and not ONE damn 'we gotta have a LT' person should B word. You want a LT in the high first, if we can get an established one for a 2nd, so be it.

I want to see the trade go down and an extension reached sooner than later so he can get some OTA time in.

YEAH!

Not sure if this was posted but...... Today Serius radio was mentioning Donte Witner as potential 'trade bait' for Baltimore.

Ed Reed had surgery and Baltimore may need a veteran Back-up to step in and fill a void until Reed fully recovers (or if he never fully recovers)

It makes some sense therefore we may not need to give up anything higher than a 3rd or even a fourth next year if coupled with the Witner trade.