This is where we are as a society....

there is a news story on the local Philly station about the fact that 3-D movie glasses are <gasp>....dirty and not sterile.....i don;t mean to offend any of you germ-o-phobes out there, but....come on....the re-used glasses are what is what is causing you concern????? not the seat that thousands of others before you sat in???? Really?????? :worthy:

But there is clothing between you and the seat, whereas the glasses are directly on your skin.

With that said, I kept my glasses from the first 3D movie I saw and bring them with me instead of getting 'new' ones each time

there is a news story on the local Philly station about the fact that 3-D movie glasses are <gasp>....dirty and not sterile.....i don;t mean to offend any of you germ-o-phobes out there, but....come on....the re-used glasses are what is what is causing you concern????? not the seat that thousands of others before you sat in???? Really?????? :worthy:

Our society just seems to be getting more and more sensitive year after year after year. I understand that there are certain issues with germs and diseases but sometimes it's a little insane how crazy some people are about it. Keeping some alcohol based hand sanitizer in my car is about the extent that I take.

But there is clothing between you and the seat, whereas the glasses are directly on your skin.

With that said, I kept my glasses from the first 3D movie I saw and bring them with me instead of getting 'new' ones each time

So you recycle

How about bathroom door handles? They should make self-sterilizing bathroom door handles instead of worrying about a fad.

So you recycle

Yes, though there is no price break at the ticket box for having your own glasses.

How about bathroom door handles? They should make self-sterilizing bathroom door handles instead of worrying about a fad.

Or, get rid of all these anti-bacterial products that have helped weaken peoples immune systems.

Or, get rid of all these anti-bacterial products that have helped weaken peoples immune systems.

There is some truth to that.....but I really don't want to wash my hands, only to grab a bathroom door handle touched by people who didn't. This isn't anti-bacterial, this is simply keeping things clean.

Simple solution for the germ-a-phobes there are alcohol based eyeglass cleaning pads that are about 1 inch X 1 inch that you can take to the theater with you to clean the glasses.

A funny fact: In a recent study public restroom toilet seats were found to have fewer bacteria than the surface of desktops in offices. therefore if staying away from germs is your goal in life it is better to eat off the toilet than it is off your desk.

Simple solution for the germ-a-phobes there are alcohol based eyeglass cleaning pads that are about 1 inch X 1 inch that you can take to the theater with you to clean the glasses.

A funny fact: In a recent study public restroom toilet seats were found to have fewer bacteria than the surface of desktops in offices. therefore if staying away from germs is your goal in life it is better to eat off the toilet than it is off your desk.

There goes my appetite for today.

The real concern with 3D glasses is that when you wear them you are exposed to highly toxic, dangerous, formulaic, unforgivably terrible screenwriting.

And that is why I will outlive you all. I have not been to a movie, 1,2,3,4 or any D for that matter, in years.

Good post though. :thumbsup: