Mosque coming to Ground Zero

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An Arab Muslin perspective

Arab TV Director: Ground Zero Mosque would be ‘Monument’ for Terrorists

The director of Al-Arabiya TV, a popular Arab-language news station, wrote that "Muslims never asked for" the proposed mosque at Ground Zero, and "do not care about its construction," in a column for London daily Al-Sharq Al-Awsat on Aug. 16.

“I can't imagine that Muslims [actually] want a mosque at this particular location, because it will become an arena for the promoters of hatred, and a monument to those who committed the crime,” wrote Al-Arabiya director Abd Al-Rahman al-Rashid in the column, which was translated by the Middle East Media Research Institute. “Moreover, there are no practicing Muslims in the area who need a place to worship, because it is a commercial district. Is there anyone who is [really] eager [to build] this mosque?”

Al-Rashid said that President Barack Obama’s support of the mosque was similar to the administration’s previous decision to close Guantanamo Bay and try suspected terrorists as civilians. “"Muslims do not [really] yearn [to build] a mosque near the 9/11 cemetery, nor do they care whether bin Laden's cook is tried in a civilian court [or a military one],” said al-Rashid, noting that “tens of thousands of Muslims, likewise accused of extremism, are imprisoned in [even] worse conditions in the Muslim countries.”

Wow...what a dumb intolerant bigot. What a knuckle-dragging neanderthal. An an un-American racist. He got a problem with those dirty muslims or something?

So hoping that an entire religion doesn't get judged by the actions of the wack jobs within them = thumbs up for beheadings...

Makes sense.

Could you at LEAST man up and admit that it seems Islam has MORE than its fair share of "whack jobs" right now?

Wow...what a dumb intolerant bigot. What a knuckle-dragging neanderthal. An an un-American racist. He got a problem with those dirty muslims or something?

Could you at LEAST man up and admit that it seems Islam has MORE than its fair share of "whack jobs" right now?

Actually, I support their right to open a mosque or whatever on the site.

I also support the opening of a Satrielle's Pork store on either side of it too.

'Manning Up' isn't in the makeup of the intolerant left.

'Girling Down,' on the other hand...

Please, the right is the one girling down...

Check the political affiliation of the ones wringing their hands over a basic right.

Edit - I should note that GG is a notable exception. :thumbsup:

Edited by Booster4324

Actually I was just using your phrase to slam the right, not a slam on you. I do not recall you commenting in this thread.

You don't recall me commenting because my only comment is what a buffoonish waste of time this discussion is. They have a right to build whereever they want if they can, and people have a right to think and say it's a bad or good idea. Big effin' deal. Unemployment is climbing and the economy is in the schitter in spite of the DC buffoons repeatedly saying "we're headed in the right direction" when then entire world knows we're not. The amount of time wasted complaining about this moronic mosque topic is ridiculous.

As I said before, way to keep you eye on the ball, people.

You don't recall me commenting because my only comment is what a buffoonish waste of time this discussion is. They have a right to build whereever they want if they can, and people have a right to think and say it's a bad or good idea. Big effin' deal. Unemployment is climbing and the economy is in the schitter in spite of the DC buffoons repeatedly saying "we're headed in the right direction" when then entire world knows we're not. The amount of time wasted complaining about this moronic mosque topic is ridiculous.

As I said before, way to keep you eye on the ball, people.

Okay. I do recall that now and completely agreed.

Please, the right is the one girling down...

Check the political affiliation of the ones wringing their hands over a basic right.

Edit - I should note that GG is a notable exception. :thumbsup:

I don't believe I'm the only one.

Funny part is the only posters in this thread (that I'm aware of) who have a f-ing clue about this building and block, don't care too much about the controversy and would like to get all idiots off the sidewalk because it's hard enough navigating through the gawking tourists, then to worry about dodging TV cameras & protesters.

Go home already.

Since no one has posted here today, I'll throw this link out there

Faith leaders denounce antimuslim sentiment

Farhana Khera - president of Muslim Advocates...

"While it may not be a violation of the law -- it may be an act of free speech -- it certainly violates our sense of decency"

Yeah right, go cry on the shoulders of the 911 families upset over the planned ground zero "victory" mosque.

Burning the religious books and endangering our troops is an extremely idiotic idea. However, it's also an idiotic idea to build a mosque at ground zero.

Edited by 1billsfan

Farhana Khera - president of Muslim Advocates...

"While it may not be a violation of the law -- it may be an act of free speech -- it certainly violates our sense of decency"

Yeah right, go cry on the shoulders of the 911 families upset over the planned ground zero "victory" mosque.

Burning the religious books and endangering our troops is an extremely idiotic idea. However, it's also an idiotic idea to build a mosque at ground zero.

Can someone PLEASE tell me where "Ground Zero" ends? By the sounds of it, it's somewhere around Flatbush, Mt Vernon, or West Orange. :wacko:

Can someone PLEASE tell me where "Ground Zero" ends? By the sounds of it, it's somewhere around Flatbush, Mt Vernon, or West Orange. :wacko:

How about the idiot paster not burn the books, and the idiot imam find another building a few more blocks away that wasn't hit by the landing gear of a commercial jet filled with innocent people that was being used as a bomb to demolish lower manhattan killing as many Amercians as possible.