Mosque coming to Ground Zero

:lol:

Where's the link on that site to the silver broker?

Booster wanted a link and I gave him one. There are many others out there, I just chose one that would get a whole bunch of panties in a wad. Silver broker? Look the site over again.

I only have an issue when they try to impose their belief system on other people or our government. My view, as I've stated many times, is that most of the problems in the world today have direct roots in religion. Since I don't believe in any of that crap, I therefore believe that most of the worlds problems have roots in nothing but a bunch of fairy tales that the masses have been raised to believe in. There is a rich history of religious intolerance in the human story, but it's strange when the shoe's on the other foot? My view is strange because it disagrees with the majority? There are enough pro-religion voices out there and not enough policy and opinion based on critical thought and, you know, reality. Maybe we should start circumventing the Constitution based on Santa Claus.

You only have an issue when they (muslims?)try to impose their belief system on other people or our government? Is that what you mean? You don't want sharia law?

Edited by 3rdnlng

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Booster wanted a link and I gave him one. There are many others out there, I just chose one that would get a whole bunch of panties in a wad. Silver broker? Look the site over again.

You only have an issue when they (muslims?)try to impose their belief system on other people or our government? Is that what you mean? You don't want sharia law?

While we are on the topic, I find the fact that everyone needs to put up christmas lights to be quite annoying. We aren't a theocracy and don't need it.....

Should be obvious: ragheads once lived there.

Serious addendum: no battles were ever fought at Cordoba, and the mosque "commemorating" the "great victory" supposedly at Cordoba was built some 300 years after the Moors defeated the Visigoths - and subsequently got their asses kicked by Charles Martel.

i think a lot of posters here should take a two weeks vacation to visit southern Spain and places like Cordoba, Toledo, Sevilla and Granada.

The heart of the spiritual, artistic, economical and scientific world of those times was beating there when muslims, jews and christians were living together in peace in the old land of the Andaluz. Too bad christian bigotry destroyed it. Cordoba is still one of the true beauty of the World and i can not think of a better word to name a mosquee in NYC.

BTW on a lighter note, thanks DC tom to talk about Charles Martel ... now that was a french military victory!!

Edited by olivier in france

Silver broker? Look the site over again.

Dwight Drane "buy silver" reference.

BTW on a lighter note, thanks DC tom to talk about Charles Martel ... now that was a french military victory!!

Of course, Charles Martel, as an 8th Century Frank, was Germanic and about as French as the Dutch or Belgians are today. :P

I would have a MAJOR problem with that. Fortunately for me, wingnuts like yourself are all over this one, so we should be ok.

I'm against infringing on the Constitutional rights of other Americans, no matter what their f-ed up belief system might be.

I only have an issue when they try to impose their belief system on other people or our government. My view, as I've stated many times, is that most of the problems in the world today have direct roots in religion. Since I don't believe in any of that crap, I therefore believe that most of the worlds problems have roots in nothing but a bunch of fairy tales that the masses have been raised to believe in. There is a rich history of religious intolerance in the human story, but it's strange when the shoe's on the other foot? My view is strange because it disagrees with the majority? There are enough pro-religion voices out there and not enough policy and opinion based on critical thought and, you know, reality. Maybe we should start circumventing the Constitution based on Santa Claus.

No your view is strange because you call people idiots for believing in something you don't.

The French, just like the Muslims, have to go back 100s of years to find a time when they didn't suck :nana:

j/k

Hey! You guys should get Obama to appoint a new head of our Heath and Human Services Department, and tell him his main priority is to make you feel better about yourselves by reminding us of what Louis Pasteur did to prevent disease. He did that for the Muslims with NASA, what about the French? :P

The French, just like the Muslims, have to go back 100s of years to find a time when they didn't suck :nana:

We have had some good periods, as a difference to the americans who went directly from barbary to decadence without a stop at the civilisation level (Albert Einstein)

Dwight Drane "buy silver" reference.

Of course, Charles Martel, as an 8th Century Frank, was Germanic and about as French as the Dutch or Belgians are today. :P

Good point... in fact it's not in the "official" french history book but Poitiers and the Charles Martel campaign was disastrous for us french of the South, the Arabs were good trade partners and let us a real political autonomy (in Aquitaine, in Provence...) while the northern franks raided and killed all they could. The victoty of Martel was the beginning of the end of the latin southern french civilisation. His grand son Charlemagne finished the work (at least the basques did not surrender and kicked his ass at Ronceveaux!!)

I just applied for a building permit for a new house. It was going to be 100 ft tall and 400 ft wide with 9 tur rets at various heights and windows all over the place and a loud outside entertainment sound system. It would have parking for 200 old cars and I was going to paint it snot green with . . . pink trim. The City Council told me to f--- off. So I sent in the application again, but this time I called it a mosque. Work starts on Monday.

I just applied for a building permit for a new house. It was going to be 100 ft tall and 400 ft wide with 9 tur rets at various heights and windows all over the place and a loud outside entertainment sound system. It would have parking for 200 old cars and I was going to paint it snot green with . . . pink trim. The City Council told me to f--- off. So I sent in the application again, but this time I called it a mosque. Work starts on Monday.

:lol: OK. That was funny.

:lol: OK. That was funny.

Not really, because the example he used was a house, which you would guess is a residential neighborhood that would be zoned for the typ eof permit he's applying for. Even if he called it a mosque, he wouldn't be able to get the permit based on that use in a residential area.

Why is this such a difficult concept? The building is already APPROVED AND USED AS A MOSQUE!! It sits in an area that is zoned for this activity.

How's this for an analogy - try building a new cell tower on Long Island, but call it a mosque and see how far you get in the approval process.

I would have a MAJOR problem with that. Fortunately for me, wingnuts like yourself are all over this one, so we should be ok.

I'm against infringing on the Constitutional rights of other Americans, no matter what their f-ed up belief system might be.

How obtuse can you be? I have stated numerous times in this thread that they have the right to build there. All I've said is that if they are trying to build "bridges" like they claim, that it might not be the smart thing to do. That makes me a wingnut? I don't think so, but your comments make you disingenuous.

Not really, because the example he used was a house, which you would guess is a residential neighborhood that would be zoned for the typ eof permit he's applying for. Even if he called it a mosque, he wouldn't be able to get the permit based on that use in a residential area.

Why is this such a difficult concept? The building is already APPROVED AND USED AS A MOSQUE!! It sits in an area that is zoned for this activity.

How's this for an analogy - try building a new cell tower on Long Island, but call it a mosque and see how far you get in the approval process.

For Allah's sake, I thought it was.:D

It was still funny. So what if he's completely ignorant about how zoning works? I thought that made it even funnier.

No your view is strange because you call people idiots for believing in something you don't.

Something you don't believe in either - something that has absolutely no proof, no basis in reality. Yes, they're idiots.

There's no need to re-hash this discussion, as we've done it many times. I'm not really sure what you're after here.

Edited by Gene Frenkle