There is no QB competition as most think of one.

none of you have the foggiest idea who the best qb is out of the group or how much potential any of them had. You all would have hated if we had signed Gannon before we saw him in Oakland. Wasn't there a parade for Bledsoe......before he was run out of town?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brown and Brohom behind Fitz to start the season...TE is damaged goods (2 concussions in two years) and they will likely send to the curb. If TE stays, it won't be for long behind a line that will not be improved right away. I agree Brown is the safest of the four and might be 'their guy' to groom unless they decide to enter the Mallet/Locker sweepstakes next year.

Luck/locker/mallett/gabbert sweepstakes. As of right now, I'll take Luck before the rest. The kid throws an amazing ball. I hope TBD doesn't hate on him due too his university, Stanford.

Again, See Romo and Brady.

You think that those teams EXPECTED those 2 guys to start as rookies?

Again I'll ask, if you thought that there was a QB in the draft that could be a capable starter as a rookie, even knowing he wasn't a highly touted guy, and knowing that your team has struggled mightily for season after season at the quarterback position, would you wait until the last round to pick that guy?

Your answer please......

Again, The Incredibly Prescient Senator (TIPS) predicts that, come September 12th, the pecking order will be as follows -

Brian Brohm - Starting QB

Bad Bad Levi Brown - Backup QB

Ryan Fitzpatrick - 3rd String/Clipboard Carrier

Trent Edwards - Marketing Intern at Synopsys

19 and 0 baby!!! :rolleyes:

GO BILLSSS!!!!

REVERSE THE CURSE!!!!! :P

It's either:

Trent Edwards - Starting QB

Levi Brown - Backup QB

Brian Brohm - Third QB

or

Levi Brown - Starting QB

Ryan Fitzpatrick - Backup QB

Brian Brohm - Third QB

It stands and falls with Gaileys ability to reinstall TE his faith in his game, getting him back to pre-concussion state. If they fail that then they'll switch to Brown and cut ties with TE all together. They've allready said they'd see this year as a rebuild year so it makes sense to invest in a future QB.

Brown will outperform Brohm hands down (what Brohm needs is a year in NFL Europe, but heh). It's all about the mysterious upside. Fitz has none, he is what he is, a career backup. TE has plenty but has lost his way after the first concussion. Brohm has political upside at least for a full year to come, gamewise we don't know. Brown is the coach his darling so to speak (having drafted him), so he's safe.

Ps. the only way the curse goes is if OJ gets off the wall...

It's either:

Trent Edwards - Starting QB

Levi Brown - Backup QB

Brian Brohm - Third QB

or

Levi Brown - Starting QB

Ryan Fitzpatrick - Backup QB

Brian Brohm - Third QB

It stands and falls with Gaileys ability to reinstall TE his faith in his game, getting him back to pre-concussion state. If they fail that then they'll switch to Brown and cut ties with TE all together. They've allready said they'd see this year as a rebuild year so it makes sense to invest in a future QB.

Brown will outperform Brohm hands down (what Brohm needs is a year in NFL Europe, but heh). It's all about the mysterious upside. Fitz has none, he is what he is, a career backup. TE has plenty but has lost his way after the first concussion. Brohm has political upside at least for a full year to come, gamewise we don't know. Brown is the coach his darling so to speak (having drafted him), so he's safe.

Ps. the only way the curse goes is if OJ gets off the wall...

I'm with you on most of what you've written. In my opinion (yup, I still type whole words), the only certainty is that Fitz will not be the starter. I'd be least surprised with Trent starting and Fitz being 2nd string. After that, your second scenario (Brown/Fitz/Brohm) makes sense to me. New GM, new coach ... they want their own QB. Only one fits that bill.

Step back and take a look at the big picture and you will find the answer;

first question - Who do the new coachs know the best?

Trent and Fitz, alot of film on these two and the film will tell them the following. Trent has arm strength issues, concusion issues and the biggest leadership issues. Fitz's film is not as bad but his issues are accuracy as well as questionable decision making.

Neither of the above ever had or will have the skill set that Brohm has, his knock is more the speed of decsion making, however of the two newest guys he has played in an prostyle offensce and the coachs need to eliminate him as a canidate for the qb of the future job.

Brown needs alot of work!!

so it breaks down like this

Opening day starter

1-Brian Brohm

2- Ryan Fitzpatrick

3- Brown

Trent will be cut