Deputy approached by five suspects before being shot

http://www.wmbfnews.com/Global/story.asp?S=12408129

Deputy approached by five suspects before being shot

PHOENIX (AP) - A sheriff's deputy was shot and wounded Friday after encountering a group of suspected illegal immigrants who apparently had been hauling bales of marijuana along a major smuggling corridor in the Arizona desert.

The violent episode comes amid a heated national debate over immigration.

State and federal law enforcement agencies deployed helicopters and scores of officers in pursuit of the suspects after the deputy was shot with an AK-47 on Friday afternoon.

Authorities say 53-year-old Pinal County Sheriff's Deputy Louie Puroll had a chunk of skin torn from just above his left kidney, but the wound was not serious. He was reported to be in good condition Friday night at Casa Grande Regional Medical Center.

I look forward to finding out what his punishment will be for these reprehensible actions.

Bring on the fines, suspension and even jail time. Nothing can fix the trauma that he inflicted upon the poor honest worker victims by his malicious and racially motivated predatory actions. Our streets won't be safe until American law enforcement officers turn a blind eye to human trafficking and drug smuggling.

Nice job trying to equate drug smugglers with the majority of immigrants who just want to make a better life for their family. :rolleyes:

If there wasn't a demand for marijuana from legal American citizens, then there wouldn't be drug smuggling. Anybody who smokes it is the root cause of the problem.

Nice job trying to equate drug smugglers with the majority of immigrants who just want to make a better life for their family. :rolleyes:

If there wasn't a demand for marijuana from legal American citizens, then there wouldn't be drug smuggling. Anybody who smokes it is the root cause of the problem.

Almost.

They're still breaking the law by immigrating here illegally. Can't discount that.

Almost.

They're still breaking the law by immigrating here illegally. Can't discount that.

You are right. But why stop with just immigrants? Why not allow police to stop anyone at anytime for anything? I mean if you aren't guilty of something, why would you object? If they can prevent just one crime, it will be worth torching every liberty our Constitution and Bill of Rights guarantees, right?

PTR

Wow. You should be in politics or better yet, mainstream media. Funny how over time, illegal immigrant=Honest impoverished immigrant

You are right. But why stop with just immigrants? Why not allow police to stop anyone at anytime for anything? I mean if you aren't guilty of something, why would you object? If they can prevent just one crime, it will be worth torching every liberty our Constitution and Bill of Rights guarantees, right?

PTR

Now your worried about the Constitution? When Obama and his minions ignore it no problem.

PTR

Mexican immigrants are easy targets. The vast majority of them come here to work hard and make a better life for themselves. The real problem is the buisnesses that hire them. Pass a law that says you hire illegals and you lose your buisness and this immigration problem goes away. Unfortunately the buisness men who exploit them also pay for the politicians. Because of that,the politicians will continue to target the immigrants.

Now your worried about the Constitution? When Obama and his minions ignore it no problem.

Please list every right and liberty that has been lost in the USA in the last year. Don't blow a brain cell thinking too hard.

PTR

Mexican immigrants are easy targets. The vast majority of them come here to work hard and make a better life for themselves. The real problem is the buisnesses that hire them. Pass a law that says you hire illegals and you lose your buisness and this immigration problem goes away. Unfortunately the buisness men who exploit them also pay for the politicians. Because of that,the politicians will continue to target the immigrants.

+1 If you do any reading, you know that this issue is always on the back-burner for this very reason. Good ol' American businesses like hiring illegals.

PTR

+1 If you do any reading, you know that this issue is always on the back-burner for this very reason. Good ol' American businesses like hiring illegals.

PTR

My cousin owns an apple farm and hires migrant workers. He has to see their working papers in order to hire them. Then later in the year, INS will stop by to verify the info. Usually he gets 2-3 workers with false info. He doesn't find this out until after INS is done with their paperwork, and by that time the workers have moved on to anther farm.

Why do they need to come here? Whats wrong with Mexico? Why do they not clean up there own act and stop making their citizens refugees? The more we allow this the closer we become to being the country they fled from.

They're just smuggling the marijuana that americans don't want to smuggle.....

However, if marijuana were legal this whole situation could have been avoided. If there is no demand for them to smuggle marijuana, then it will stop.

Now go ahead and flame me for this, by saying why don't we just make everything legal then we don't have to worry about anything. I'm just making a justifiable observation.

Why do they need to come here? Whats wrong with Mexico? Why do they not clean up there own act and stop making their citizens refuges? The more we allow this the closer we become to being the country they fled from.

Stop hiring them and they will quit coming.

Stop hiring them and they will quit coming.

Or have a policy along the lines of those associated with the Area 51 "camo dudes" (security guards). They can shoot anyone at anytime that tries to infiltrate a very specific line. Period.

Why do they need to come here? Whats wrong with Mexico? Why do they not clean up there own act and stop making their citizens refuges? The more we allow this the closer we become to being the country they fled from.

They come here, both legally and illegally, because they make more money and generally have a better life than they do in Mexico. I certainly can't fault them for wanting that. The problem is that there is generally a better opportunity for them here, than in Mexico (both legal and illegal occupations), plus a colander border between the US and Mexico.

Blaming US marijuana smokers for this problem is like blaming mobile homes for hurricanes, in response to THAT post.

However, if marijuana were legal this whole situation could have been avoided. If there is no demand for them to smuggle marijuana, then it will stop.

Now go ahead and flame me for this, by saying why don't we just make everything legal then we don't have to worry about anything. I'm just making a justifiable observation.

I'm in favor of making marijuana lega,l but there is plenty of other stuff to smuggle.

If these guys aren't smuggling marijuana they would be transporting something else. It's not like they would drop the whole criminal thing, and become honest marijuana farmers.

I'm in favor of making marijuana lega,l but there is plenty of other stuff to smuggle.

If these guys aren't smuggling marijuana they would be transporting something else. It's not like they would drop the whole criminal thing, and become honest marijuana farmers.

True, but I would only expect that the number of smugglers would go down just because of the decrease in demand of marijuana. Alot of the harder drugs (heroine, meth, etc.) are produced here in the US or up in Canada, which is a whole other beast in itself.