With the 1st pick in the 2011 NFL Draft...

Yeah, let's just keep trying Stanford quarterbacks until we get one right.

I agree, let's eliminate entire schools from our draft process. While Trent Edwards wasn't great, at least we didn't get roped into drafting that bum John Elway. :rolleyes:

BDW, some of your posts are fairly spot-on, so I guess I'm wondering why you're wasting the bandwidth to toss this thread out to the ether. Who gives a good goddamn about the Bills' first pick in next year's draft when they're STILL signing undrafted kids from THIS draft?

Thinking...maybe...getting a life is a good thing?

"Oh Darling" - The Beatles

Have you seen Luck play?? I watched every Stanford game in 2009. The kid has awesome potential.

Whether or not I agree, McShay implies one or more of the following -

1) Stanford QB Andrew Luck, having proven he's at least a 2-year wonder, will leave college early and declare his eligibility for the 2011 draft after his sophomore season

2) The Bills will either be the worst team in the NFL this season, or will somehow get the worst team to trade away the #1 overall pick

3) Both Brian Brohm and Levi Brown will prove to be so bad that the Bills will deem it necessary to start over at the QB position yet again

4) Sophomore Luck is so good he will be the #1 overall pick in next year's draft, beating out Jake Locker, all other QBs, and all players at all other positions

5) Buddy Nix will throw away his entire drafting philosophy of drafting college players with the most experience and go for the shiniest toy - even if he is the next injury-prone Fanning Fan Edwards (Luck wasn't so lucky this year, breaking his finger prior to the Sun Bowl) instead of the next Jim Plunkett or John Elway

Like ByrdsDaWord said, McShay can blow him.

a little ridiculous yes, but I still think we pick in the top 5 and take a QB

A little?

And your post is not?

NO WAY does this team play that poorly this year. They will be closer to the bottom 5 picks than the top 5.

Sorry to disappoint you.

No chance the Bills pick #1. Really just a joke and an embarassing lack of understanding by McShay.

This team won at least 6 games for three years with Mauron, had EVERYTHING go wrong last year between injuries, the no-huddle cut your left tackle, fire your coach stuff. Other than losing TO (and potentially Schobel) we have more talent across the board. I think this team is in the hunt for the #1 about as much as we are in the hunt for PTR's #32.

One game at a time, but this team is much better than people think right now, but probably not good enough to have us excited past Christmas. My hope is that they can build enough that we go into the last few weeks at least with some playoff scenario threads, even if we fall short. I think there is a lot of 2010 before we have to worry much about 2011.

BDW, some of your posts are fairly spot-on, so I guess I'm wondering why you're wasting the bandwidth to toss this thread out to the ether. Who gives a good goddamn about the Bills' first pick in next year's draft when they're STILL signing undrafted kids from THIS draft?

Thinking...maybe...getting a life is a good thing?

"Oh Darling" - The Beatles

I guess I am wondering why you are being such an !@#$? Or, whether YOU have a life? I mean, if you DID, would you be reading MY posts and wasting your time trying to insult me or my intelligence? :devil:

I could find hundreds of posts that are more of a "waste of bandwidth."

I mean, look at this REDICULOUS thread started by some "Trash-Talking Troll"... :sick:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?...c=72953&hl=

Here's another "waste of bandwidth"...I see this thread was as succesful as the one above... :sick:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?...c=97676&hl=

And another...This might be the worst... :wallbash:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?...c=71185&hl=

And one more...as if ANYBODY could pinpoint an exact time that a specific team would be drafting! :wallbash:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?...c=61233&hl=

Being a Bills fan and not too fond of McShay...like MANY others are on here...I thought I would share this with the rest of them. Is that NOT what this board is made for...to share thoughts, ideas and opinions with our fellow Bills fans??? It was not meant for you, nor are ANY of my other posts...that I have done or that I will do in the future.

SOOOOO...if ya don't like it, keep your mouth shut, instead of being an arrogant dickhead. Didn't your Mother teach you anything when you were younger? Like if you have nothing nice to say, don't say it at all?

Or...was she a prostitute and that is why you are so angry and negative???

Either way I feel sorry for her. :rolleyes:

stupidest prediction ever :rolleyes:

On what grounds???? That we will not be picking #1 over all, or the pic itself? it does not seem stupid if an analyst thinks the Bills fail miserably this year and are seeking a QB next year.

Some of you guys are getting pretty obsessed with these QBs that declare early.

:rolleyes:

There are potentially 4 QBs to go in the top 10 next year......you think they are obsessed now? One week after this years draft?

Holy Crap....the hype is coming down the tracks in the form of a runaway locomotive and it only gets worse from here.

On what grounds???? That we will not be picking #1 over all, or the pic itself? it does not seem stupid if an analyst thinks the Bills fail miserably this year and are seeking a QB next year.

On the grounds of the 5 conditions I posted above - go back and read.