went to a Packers Message board

peteski

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for posting and it was very enterprising of you to do so. Kudos. This is something that might be done for other players, moving forward. Great idea.

The smattering of responses was pretty mixed, as it is here, usually. You can literally get 5 different responses from 5 different posters.

I was also glad to see (the joke about dollar bills, notwithstanding...and it WAS funny) that the Packer fans were receptive and polite, as I think we would all be too.

People on our side will take from their responses what they will (they will latch on to those views which support their own presently held views).

What I take from it is what I've said from the beginning:

You can't judge Brohm, or ANY quarterback for that matter, based on one season with one team and one start in Buffalo on a poopy team that he joined five weeks before his only start. Especially when the team was in a total shambles at the time of his start.

It takes months if not years to learn an offense and its terminology and Brohm was here for FIVE WEEKS. It is way too early to make any kind of judgement of Brohm at this point. That is what I take/believe. Anyone who has followed the NFL for a decade knows how ridiculous it is to judge a player based on such a miniscule sample size.

Not surprisingly, Jamon Meredith snuck into the Brohm conversation. To those fretting about our tackle situation, I agree that left tackle is a concern. But between Cornell Green and Jamon Meredith, I have zero concerns about right tackle. Someone will fill the position adequately.

Yeah I seen that statement about Meredith...chuckled because I to loved what I seen from Meredith last season gettting thrown into the fire...he looked veryyyyyyy stable for a guy that wasn't even on the squad the week before...that tells me alot about his ability...plus he's one of the few OLinemen that didn't give up any sacks last season...he can actually pass block...wow...I think he'll be a very solid RT...maybe if we used him more at LT we could really see if he's got the future many think he does....I'm more comfortable with that than friggen Bell...green can play RT...he's not a liability...only gave up a sack last season with the Raiders...

Yeah I seen that statement about Meredith...chuckled because I to loved what I seen from Meredith last season gettting thrown into the fire...he looked veryyyyyyy stable for a guy that wasn't even on the squad the week before...that tells me alot about his ability...plus he's one of the few OLinemen that didn't give up any sacks last season...he can actually pass block...wow...I think he'll be a very solid RT...maybe if we used him more at LT we could really see if he's got the future many think he does....I'm more comfortable with that than friggen Bell...green can play RT...he's not a liability...only gave up a sack last season with the Raiders...

Cornell Green gave up five sacks, was terrible in pass blocking, and took a load of penalties. Oakland was glad to see him leave. What are you talking about?

Cornell Green gave up five sacks, was terrible in pass blocking, and took a load of penalties. Oakland was glad to see him leave. What are you talking about?

most of oakland's problems were/are coaching - i don't think that we will have those same problems this year - i am actually excited to see what our coaches can do with these guys - especially the o-line and qb's - i think it will surprise many people on this board

I used to live with a die hard packer fan and this is why I have no faith in Brohm....he has shown nothing but deer in the headlights look everytime he has been on an NFL field...preaseason or regular season. Everyone around here loves him because he was a second round pick...that means jack shizz

and asked them their thoughts on Brian Brohm. This is what they said. I posted this on buffalobills.com and I thought I would put it on here.

http://www.packerforum.com/packer-fan-foru...rian-brohm.html

The funny thing about their posts is that they actually dont know that much about him or is time there and it shows in their comments...one poster even talked about him being mentored by Brett...he and Brett were never on the team at the same time...others talk about him as if he was there for more than a year and a half...

Thats the thing with Brohm...he has been so off the radar, even in GB because of the emergence of Rodgers instantly in Brohms rookie year, that no one can honestly say what he can or cant do. I will tell you this...NO ONE, not even the GB Packers staff, really knows where he is at in his development. There simply just inst enough info on him as he spent hadly no time within the offense in GB. In fact, our staff is about the only people who can really say for sure if the kid is progressing or not as they have seen him how he is now in practice.

Given the confidence they have in moving forward with him, Trent, and Fitz battling it out, my guess is that they feel he is progressing well and has the potential to lead this team back to being a winning franchise.

I *started* to view the video a Packer fan posted on Brohm, but stopped it immediately -- is there some $&@%$ rule that says every football video must be accompanied by gangster rap?!! WTF (I know, I know -- turn off the sound then)

I *started* to view the video a Packer fan posted on Brohm, but stopped it immediately -- is there some $&@%$ rule that says every football video must be accompanied by gangster rap?!! WTF (I know, I know -- turn off the sound then)

The first thing I do is turn the sound off :lol:

Is there some rule that says every fifth word in a rap video has to be "!@#$"?

I used to live with a die hard packer fan and this is why I have no faith in Brohm....he has shown nothing but deer in the headlights look everytime he has been on an NFL field...preaseason or regular season. Everyone around here loves him because he was a second round pick...that means jack shizz

I think everyone loves him because he is NOT Edwards or Fitz. That is why I'm hoping he will pan out this season. The Edwards experiment needs to end, and Fitz bless his heart throws the ugliest football known to man.

The first thing I do is turn the sound off :lol:

Is there some rule that says every fifth word in a rap video has to be "!@#$"?

Gangster rap isn't a bad thing, haven't you heard? It's high culture that links people to their roots. Just pick up a copy of "Rolling Stone" and you'll learn.

Jello Biafra had it right in "Holiday in Cambodia."

The funny thing about their posts is that they actually dont know that much about him or is time there and it shows in their comments...one poster even talked about him being mentored by Brett...he and Brett were never on the team at the same time...others talk about him as if he was there for more than a year and a half...

Your adoration for Brohm is known, but this post is a classic case of spin.

Those fans don't know much about him? They know more than we do.

Others talk about him as if he was there for more than 1.5 years? They did get to see him for 2 training camps, and that's 2 more than we got see from him here.

Thats the thing with Brohm...he has been so off the radar, even in GB because of the emergence of Rodgers instantly in Brohms rookie year, that no one can honestly say what he can or cant do. I will tell you this...NO ONE, not even the GB Packers staff, really knows where he is at in his development. There simply just inst enough info on him as he spent hadly no time within the offense in GB. In fact, our staff is about the only people who can really say for sure if the kid is progressing or not as they have seen him how he is now in practice.

"He has been so far off the radar, even in GB because of the emergence of Rodgers ..."

Are you honestly trying to stay that GB literally FORGOT about Brohm because Rodgers panned out? Seriously?

But they paid attention to the seventh round pick Flynn?

"NO ONE, not even the GB Packers staff, really knows where he is at in his development."

"In fact, our staff is about the only people who can really say for sure if the kid is progressing or not as they have seen him how he is now in practice."

Oh, come on. Brohm spent 2 training camps in GB, and the coaches there got a first hand view of how the kid played in preseason. They know what plays were called, and they know he reacted during those plays.

But only the Buffalo staff knows anything about him because of some OTA's?

Let's see how he reacts when the pads are on, and they are hitting.

Having him running around in shorts playing catch with the WR won't tell the staff a whole lot regarding his ability to play during a game.

Given the confidence they have in moving forward with him, Trent, and Fitz battling it out, my guess is that they feel he is progressing well and has the potential to lead this team back to being a winning franchise.

Yeah, the Bills were so confident with those 3 they contacted the Eagles about trading for McNabb.

I like Brohm (at this point) because he is not Edwards or Fitzpatrick, but I think this is Brohm's last chance.

Either he stands up and shows the Bills he CAN lead this team* forward, or I expect the Bills will be looking for a QB next off season.

*Winning the QB battle will not cut it. He needs to play like a franchise QB.

Gangster rap isn't a bad thing, haven't you heard? It's high culture that links people to their roots. Just pick up a copy of "Rolling Stone" and you'll learn.

Jello Biafra had it right in "Holiday in Cambodia."

Play ethnicky jazz to parade your snazz

On your five grand stereo

.... these lyrics never lose their luster