went to a Packers Message board

peteski

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, we are judging Brohm on the opinion of some GB fans? I mean you see what gets posted here. You think they are any brighter in Wisconsin? But you know what? We should pin this thread until the end of the season and we'll see who was right about Brohm.

PTR

Guest dog14787
Seriously, we are judging Brohm on the opinion of some GB fans? I mean you see what gets posted here. You think they are any brighter in Wisconsin? But you know what? We should pin this thread until the end of the season and we'll see who was right about Brohm.

PTR

Who will start thread/ pole pinned makes more sense in my opinion.

Just so I am clear here...are you basing your assesment on a few GB fans who barely, and I mean literally barely, saw Brohm at all? He appeared breifly in a few preseason games as a 3rd string QB...

Just to be clear you are putting words into my mouth. You should have known better to judge me as such. I'm not basing anything on the GB fans.

I do 3 things:

1. ask what people see in his college vid that they are so keen on and then explain what I see in that vid.

2. assess what all GB fans said in that thread if I leave the college noise out.

3. stated a random first round QB people raved about for no reason other then where he was picked.

Have I seen Brohm? Yes, indeed I have. I've seen some (cant remember how many) of his 2008 pre-season reps and all of his 2009 pre-season reps. I have a big fascination with pre-season games and second to third stringers, simply because that's where a lot of the former NFL Europe guys swarm. What he showed in GB was how to get off the field as soon as possible. He stunk. His best NFL game was the game he started for us.

Clear enough? No? He STUNK!

Does that mean he can't develop into a good QB? No, not at all, but I'm not running to the bookies.

PTR

I just thought that some of the fans would know a bit more than us. What if someone came here and asked us about Dwayne Wright (is that his name. The running back that couldn't hold on to the ball), we would have an opinion on him from pre-season games and the little bit he played in the regular season.

I was just asking because they might know a bit more than us.

I just thought that some of the fans would know a bit more than us. What if someone came here and asked us about Dwayne Wright (is that his name. The running back that couldn't hold on to the ball), we would have an opinion on him from pre-season games and the little bit he played in the regular season.

I was just asking because they might know a bit more than us.

No need to explain yourself. As I stated at the outset of this thread, it was a great idea and I'm glad you did it.

I AM a bit disappointed that the subject is so polarizing and has resulted in so little consensus.

I think it's clear that the sample size or body of work of Brohm's career is obviously too small to draw any conclusions from.

But apparently there are some mentally brilliant people who already know what sort of player he will become.

I do agree with the contention that if the Packers fans have more to go on than we do, it's only by an infinitesimal amount.

I also agree that the people with the greatest grip on Brohm's potential at this point (except for our omniscient posters here) is the Bills football department.