Six young Bills poised to break out...

i really hope that hardy or johnson can break out this season...but ive been hoping for that for the past 2 years

Hardy was gone for the season. Johnson could never get on the field as Fewell put his eggs on Owens, Evans and Reed....

I hope Hardy, Johnson and Nelson get to be on the field more often than not.

i really hope that hardy or johnson can break out this season...but ive been hoping for that for the past 2 years

Well they will definitely get their chance seeing as how Jauron refused to play them and T.O. is gone now.

The 3rd year has traditionally been the break-out year for WRs. Hopefully Hardy can follow Moulds career blueprint as he was irrelevant his first two seasons as well.

I read this yesterday. Not a bad read. I think the only Bill truly poised for a break out season is Andy Levitre. He's been awesome and steadily improved each game. He's the next Ruben Brown. A Pro Bowl LG who we'll have on our line for ten years and not have to worry about.

I'm wondering if Hardy makes it out of training camp.

Dude has like 10 total catches for his career. I know he was hurt, but come on.

One of the things that delays the development of WR's is that they have a lot more responsibility in the pros. They have to read the coverage before the snap, and then make sight adjustments during the play. Hardy never had to do that in college. He just ran his route. It takes a long time to learn to read defenses. Some guys never make the transition. If he busts out, it's because he couldn't learn to read defenses.

Why should Hardy not be discounted. Seriously. I would love for him to show up, but.

because he has only had one year of playing time before suffering an injury, has had time to learn routes, recieved a lot of tips and help from owens, he is young so he has a lot of potential, or how about all those other good stuff? Or how about young recievers usually have their best seasons after 2 or 3 years of development? take your pick.

He isn't a sure thing of course. But there is plenty of upside.

because he has only had one year of playing time before suffering an injury, has had time to learn routes, recieved a lot of tips and help from owens, he is young so he has a lot of potential, or how about all those other good stuff? Or how about young recievers usually have their best seasons after 2 or 3 years of development? take your pick.

He isn't a sure thing of course. But there is plenty of upside.

I understand the 3rd year is typically when some receivers break out.

Someone above compared him to T.O.'s first two years: T.O. had 60 catches, 900+ yards and

8 TDs his 2nd season.

Hardy in listed # 2 on the depth chart right now, which is really scary. I posted that the Bills

were going to be in trouble in 2010 with thin WR corps as I assumed T.O. and Reed would both be gone,

which they are. Also, I still don't see Evans as a real # 1 receiver,

Let's hope Marcus Easley is the real thing.

Really not sure about all the SJ love. He has been hurt too many times in preseason and late in the season. Really not buying the 7th rounder at this time.

...but he has dreads and looks cool in his equipment.

I really like Stevie Johnson...I think he can be a solid possession receiver who makes some big plays from time to time...actually i'm going to call it now...he will be starting opposite Lee Evans at the beginning of the year!

I read this yesterday. Not a bad read. I think the only Bill truly poised for a break out season is Andy Levitre. He's been awesome and steadily improved each game. He's the next Ruben Brown. A Pro Bowl LG who we'll have on our line for ten years and not have to worry about.

The Bills really made out well getting Levitre and Wood. I think both can be Pro Bowlers given Wood can successfully come back from his gruesome injury from a year ago