I guess the Bills are not as High on Evans

That was an impressive trait for us as we looked for big, fast receivers. [General Manager] Buddy [Nix] and I both believe in having [on] the outside the biggest guys you can get out there to play that position."

This Statement by Gailey pretty much says Evans is not their guy! Maybe he will be playing the slot

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe billsfan=pain made a legitimate point, way to go man.

I also thought that when I heard Ole' Chan say that, which may not be a bad thing, I think Lee has had a pass, as Darth said, and he def. doesn't run over the middle, which has been a gripe of mine for the last 3 yrs or so.

Who knows, if these young guns works out maybe we ship Mr. Evans off next yr (not that I'm advocating that)

I caught that as well. Seems lee's free pass of not running but two routes and dropping balls is over. I bet he is asked to take a paycut.

Do you even watch the games? When have you seen Lee drop a pass? Just name a couple of instances. Can you even name one? Not sure I've ever heard him be criticized for that.

What a stupid post.

That was an impressive trait for us as we looked for big, fast receivers. [General Manager] Buddy [Nix] and I both believe in having [on] the outside the biggest guys you can get out there to play that position."

This Statement by Gailey pretty much says Evans is not there guy! Maybe he will be playing the slot

You need big guys out there -- end of story. For all the Evans lovers out there, what has he really done for Buffalo all these years? Yes, you can blame the QB, the OL, and the play-not-to-lose coaching over the years, but at the end of the day, Evans has not been a difference maker. If surrounded by more talent and coaches who could utilize him better, he could perhaps contribute more, but you just have got to have big guys out there.

I admit it's hard not to read too much into statements like this, but it wasn't like that was an answer to a question about Lee Evans.

And I'll also admit Evan's recent production has left a lot to be desired, but I can't stand when he is criticized for not running over the middle. It's not like whoever is calling the plays is sending him on a route across the middle and then he flat out refuses. He would be on the bench in a heartbeat. If there is anyone to blame for Lee only running two routes it is the inept offensive play calling and designs courtesy of all the bums we just got rid of.

Bottom line- although Evans might not physically be the prototypical wideout in Chan's/Buddy's eyes, he is too good to not have his talents utilized. Chan will find a way to put him in the position to be productive, and hopefully our QB can deliver.

If, and this is a HUGE IF:

Hardy actually manages to stay healthy and this kid from UConn doesn't suck Lee could move to the slot. Add to that Spiller in the backfield and you have a HUGE problem for defenses. No third string CB is going to be able to cover Evan and an LB on Spiller would be funny to watch.

You need big guys out there -- end of story. For all the Evans lovers out there, what has he really done for Buffalo all these years? Yes, you can blame the QB, the OL, and the play-not-to-lose coaching over the years, but at the end of the day, Evans has not been a difference maker. If surrounded by more talent and coaches who could utilize him better, he could perhaps contribute more, but you just have got to have big guys out there.

He has single handedly won games for the Bills against the Jets and Fins on more than one occasion.

Thanks for playing though.

Most overpaid player on the team and what's worse it is not in position of need. Another big mistake by the previous FO.

Chan and Buddy must be shaking their heads, because they are stuck with little Lee and his big salary. Little Lee and his big salary.

Do you even watch the games? When have you seen Lee drop a pass? Just name a couple of instances. Can you even name one? Not sure I've ever heard him be criticized for that.

What a stupid post.

Absolutely.

The truth is- Evans is a very good receiver playing on a very bad offense (team).

But most of us know this.

He has single handedly won games for the Bills against the Jets and Fins on more than one occasion.

Thanks for playing though.

Well, you still only need one hand to count them up. How tall are you? Another angry short guy perhaps?

Oh, and how many times has Jerry Rice single-handedly won a game or Randy Moss? A tad more than your man Evans I'm afraid.

Listen, I like Evans. I hope they keep him and utilize him. But Buffalo can do better and needs to keep looking for more prototype wideouts.

If, and this is a HUGE IF:

Hardy actually manages to stay healthy and this kid from UConn doesn't suck Lee could move to the slot. Add to that Spiller in the backfield and you have a HUGE problem for defenses. No third string CB is going to be able to cover Evan and an LB on Spiller would be funny to watch.

If evans goes to the slot he needs to run routes over the middle...something he hasn't shown a willingness to do. :flirt:

Well, you still only need one hand to count them up. How tall are you? Another angry short guy perhaps?

Listen, I like Evans. I hope they keep him and utilize him. But Buffalo can do better and needs to keep looking for more prototype wideouts.

:flirt:

What?

What a stupid post.

He had a few big drops last year. For $9M per year you should have ZERO.

He had a few big drops last year. For $9M per year you should have ZERO.

Every WR has a dropped pass or two. They're human, not robots.

It's also tough to catch every ball when your QB is throwing from his ass every other play or your QB refuses to read the defenses properly.