4th Round Pick

actually, no I didn't realize...thanks!

B-)

That's not how we operate around here...first you should call him a name or two, then insult his mother, but never, ever, acknowledge that anyone is more informed than you are. :thumbsup: Oh...and never thank anyone for correcting you.

;)

That's not how we operate around here...first you should call him a name or two, then insult his mother, but never, ever, acknowledge that anyone is more informed than you are. :thumbsup: Oh...and never thank anyone for correcting you.

B-)

It's funny cuz it's true.

You do realize that Campbell wasn't on anyone's radar before his combine workout. He is at worst an over-hyped, work-out wonder and at best no better of a prospect than Ed Wang.

The main problems with Campbell are durability and experience questions...He only Started 17 Games at Maryland...He was on everyone's radar before the Combine, but most felt he should have stayed in school...He's not over-hyped, every Scouting Report points out he needs a lot of work...He does have some ability...He is a proto-type LT from a size, speed, strength standpoint...He can handle the speed rush and at times he's an excellent run Blocker...

Campbell went exactly where he should...He's a Project but his upside is HUGE...He's got to get stronger in his legs...He's a bit of a stiff at times...But a ton of his problems are simply because he has not played enough...How many LT's can you take in the 4th round that have legit All Pro capabilities with 2-3 years of developement?...That's assuming he checks out medically of coarse...

Campbell is no where near as bad as some Folks are making him out to be...He just needs work and reps...But anyone who works that hard at getting in that kind of shape, and has THAT kind of natural athletic ability should get the benefit of a hell of a lot of doubt if you ask me...

Of coarse no one did... :thumbsup:

The main problems with Campbell are durability and experience questions...He only Started 17 Games at Maryland...He was on everyone's radar before the Combine, but most felt he should have stayed in school...He's not over-hyped, every Scouting Report points out he needs a lot of work...He does have some ability...He is a proto-type LT from a size, speed, strength standpoint...He can handle the speed rush and at times he's an excellent run Blocker...

Campbell went exactly where he should...He's a Project but his upside is HUGE...He's got to get stronger in his legs...He's a bit of a stiff at times...But a ton of his problems are simply because he has not played enough...How many LT's can you take in the 4th round that have legit All Pro capabilities with 2-3 years of developement?...That's assuming he checks out medically of coarse...

Campbell is no where near as bad as some Folks are making him out to be...He just needs work and reps...But anyone who works that hard at getting in that kind of shape, and has THAT kind of natural athletic ability should get the benefit of a hell of a lot of doubt if you ask me...

Of coarse no one did... :thumbsup:

You are correct, but what I also heard is that Campbell either doesn't have the work ethic or desire to put in the work needed to get to where he could be. Hence the reason so many teams passed him, and several times.

I'm an up-and-comer...I plan on coming in here, working hard, doing what the coaches ask, givining my all. I want to compete and win.

I like your attitude kid, you'll go far with that...I may have a few jobs for you around here...

AFA the caste system, indeed. Admin, mods, old timers, everybody else, and then Beerball.

I like your attitude kid, you'll go far with that...I may have a few jobs for you around here...

AFA the caste system, indeed. Admin, mods, old timers, everybody else, and then Beerball.

you are correct Mr. !@#$wad, I stand alone

:thumbsup: Now thats funny

except for the last part, correct?

You do realize that Campbell wasn't on anyone's radar before his combine workout. He is at worst an over-hyped, work-out wonder and at best no better of a prospect than Ed Wang.

Simply not true- he was rated 6th to 2nd on the draft sites I go to and that was before the combine- you can watch him play on youtube his run blocking isn't great but his pass blocking is pretty good- his problem was that he doesn't play up to his perceived physical talent ( but I'd say what I saw on video was as good as Davis and Williams only Bulaga, Okung and Brown looked really good) and has had some medical concerns.

Simply not true- he was rated 6th to 2nd on the draft sites I go to and that was before the combine- you can watch him play on youtube his run blocking isn't great but his pass blocking is pretty good- his problem was that he doesn't play up to his perceived physical talent ( but I'd say what I saw on video was as good as Davis and Williams only Bulaga, Okung and Brown looked really good) and has had some medical concerns.

I understand he did not receive any votes for the all conference team. That says a lot

I have a theory that most of the "draft experts" really have no working knowledge of what they are looking for in film so they are left with the measurable and comparable results from the Combine. If someones numbers there are off the charts it gives them something to make distinctions between players. That is why some of the gurus had Campbell going in the top ten picks. For the guys who know football and how to study the film, he looked like a 4th rounder to them but they are not going to tip their hands to the draft gurus. In fact, there is more misinformation spread around than real information.