Pats* release LB Adalius Thomas

Sorry, no link. Just posted on SI.com

Hopefully he's the first of a long line of high picks they'll blow.

I believe he was a pick of the Ravens and the Pats signed him to a large FA contract. That said, I agree and hope they blow some high picks and some more FA signings......

How long until the first "lets sign him" post?

Switching to a new defense and having lots of young players, not to mention being fairly weak at LB, says to me that signing a vet who is familiar with this D would be a good idea. A reasonable two year contract would be ideal.

With Schobel's status still up in the air, Maybin being an unknown and no one else behind them, Thomas could prove a worthwhile signing to help us bridge the gap until we can find guys who can play OLB in our 3-4 and firmly entrench them in those spots.

He cashed out big on the Pats dime and lost his incentive to play. Like what Haynesworth did in Washington. My feeling is once someone does that they never come back the same, no matter how much yapping they do about "being totally committed this time .... blah, blah, blah."

We should at least offer him a free order of wings and a 6 of Genny Cream for ripping off the Pats.

He cashed out big on the Pats dime and lost his incentive to play. Like what Haynesworth did in Washington. My feeling is once someone does that they never come back the same, no matter how much yapping they do about "being totally committed this time .... blah, blah, blah."

We should at least offer him a free order of wings and a 6 of Genny Cream for ripping off the Pats.

Make it a double order and um.. one of YOURS for dirt on the Pats. I'm sure he's itchin' to sing!

He's a Rex Ryan product who will want to return to being on a Rex Ryan team. I'll be amazed if he doesn't end up on the Jets.

He was a monster for the Ravens. Better than Ray Lewis during his last year there (before the Pats signed him) in the prime time games I saw. He seemed to always be on the injury report for New England though.

Not a good fit for Buffalo because he's not Chinese, and Buddy's new philosophy is gonna be to sell jerseys in China and regionalize the franchise. Open up a 2 million seat stadium (you can cram in a lot of little seats) and go Bejing Bills !!

He was a monster for the Ravens. Better than Ray Lewis during his last year there (before the Pats signed him) in the prime time games I saw. He seemed to always be on the injury report for New England though.

Not a good fit for Buffalo because he's not Chinese, and Buddy's new philosophy is gonna be to sell jerseys in China and regionalize the franchise. Open up a 2 million seat stadium (you can cram in a lot of little seats) and go Bejing Bills !!

That actually sounds cool. I really hope Wang becomes a pro bowler!