Lets just say the Bills pick #1 next year

My hope is that, by that time, the NFL will have adopted the NBA rookie salary pool approach and this will be a moot point.

I think there is a really good chance it will happen too, unless of course the strike takes place. I know this is one of the topics that the owners want to address

Does anyone really...and I mean honestly here, see the Bills dropping 50 million in guaranteed money on a #1 pick? I think no and will happily trade back if they can.

I believe Mark Ingram Jr. is coming out next year, so they'll pick him up, we need another RB.

Im not so sure there wont be a rookie cap next year...i think this is the main reason why we did not take a QB high

If this were true, then we would have jumped at the chance to get Clausen at a second-round rate. The fact is, the difference in salary by position selected is not all that great.

Does anyone really...and I mean honestly here, see the Bills dropping 50 million in guaranteed money on a #1 pick? I think no and will happily trade back if they can.

This is assuming that Locker doesn't "Snead" his final season, but if the Bills have the first pick and don't take Locker, I would finally take the jump to the dark side and say that Ralph cares more about money than seeing the team win (something I completely disagree with).

I'm not saying Locker is the next Peyton Manning and will be the best QB of his generation, but I think he's the surest QB the draft will have produced since Manning came out. I just think there's almost zero gamble with him.

My hope is that, by that time, the NFL will have adopted the NBA rookie salary pool approach and this will be a moot point.

I think there is a really good chance it will happen too, unless of course the strike takes place. I know this is one of the topics that the owners want to address

Players want it too. Players are tired of seeing these rookies come in, unproven, making more money than the established vets. The money paid to rookies should be going to the vets instead. This is one of those rare issues where the owners and players are in agreement.

The odds of the Bills having the #1 pick next year are about as good as their odds of taking the #32 pick. Sure, there are still a few holes, but with a solid D and dominant run game there's no way Buffalo ends up the league's cellar.

What solid "D" are you talking about??? Dominant Run Game? We had neither last year and with no QB or O-line teams again...like last year, and the year before oh and the year before that will stack the box and we will drown. I'm sorry but I do not see Carrington and Troupe doing all that much this year. It's going to take another draft or two and 4 years before we compete realistically. 2014 is when we break the playoff drought.

What solid "D" are you talking about??? Dominant Run Game? We had neither last year and with no QB or O-line teams again...like last year, and the year before oh and the year before that will stack the box and we will drown. I'm sorry but I do not see Carrington and Troupe doing all that much this year. It's going to take another draft or two and 4 years before we compete realistically. 2014 is when we break the playoff drought.

if that is so, it is worth noting in 2014 the Bills lease expires...

rookie salary cap will be inforced by next year if there is a draft

I don't care what anyone says, the D was good last year. They kept us in a lot of games late despite repeatedly giving the ball back to an offense that specialized in 3 and out. The only weakness was the run (particularly late in the game after spending the bulk of the time on the field), and we've added a lot of mass to the front 7, We also have enough big men to rotate and keep a fresh lineup late in the game.

As far as the running game goes, somehow I think the trio of Jackson, Spiller, and Lynch will make some noise.

As for the line, it's still weak, but improved. Wood (hoping he's recovered) and Levitre won't be rookies, and should get good push up the middle. Bell isn't good, but he got some valuable experience last year and should show improvement and is a good sight better than Kirk Chambers, and Cornell Green won't be going to any pro-bowls, but probably offers more that Jonathan Scott did. The depth is better going into this year as well.

Realistically, we don't end up at the bottom of the league.

The odds of the Bills having the #1 pick next year are about as good as their odds of taking the #32 pick. Sure, there are still a few holes, but with a solid D and dominant run game there's no way Buffalo ends up the league's cellar.

I think it will be Tampa picking first next year.

the bills dont have a good defense. in terms of pass defense, they have a pretty good secondary and a bad pass rush. in terms of run defense, they were among the VERY WORST in the entire league.

i will say, though, that the defense is relatively better than the offense - which is consitently among one of the worst units in all of football.

The Bills defense absolutely kept them in games. As horrible as our run defense was, and as much as a lack of a pass rush we had, our defense wore down as the game went on, and game up bulk of the rushing yards then, imo. I personally think had we had a top 15 offense instead of bottom 3, our defense would of been top 10 for sure. We didn't seem to address the pass rush, but our run defense should be at least slightly better and I would not be surprised to see it finish in the top 15. The problem is our offense very well may be bottom 5/10 once again. Hopefully injuries held us back on offense more than I believe, and Chan can do some serious work, but our offense looks like it will stink the place up again. There is no way that our defense was as bad as the collective majority think it was last season though.

Its thought process's like this that just baffle me. How can a person look at what changes are being made in the organization and actually believe they have as good chance picking 32nd (winning the SB) as opposed to picking 1st overall.

I mean, really now, lets look at the changes.

Going to a 3-4 defense, normally takes 3 seasons for a full adjustment. This takes into account acquiring the personnell to play the system and the time it will take for the defensive squad to truly gel together.

Rebuilding the Offensive Line, although some pieces are in place it is more than reasonable to look 2 to 3 seasons out due to the lack of experience from the young talent alone, lets not forget that all of the pieces are not yet in place.

Changing over at RB, I mean, really, everyone has to no that with the pick up of Spiller, Lynch is gone, probably by week 6 deadline of next season, if not, then definitely by next draft.

Lack of a Franchise QB, or any QB worth a dam for that matter. Please, you kid yourself if you truly believe Edwards, Fitz, Brohm or this kid Brown have what it takes. They are merely filler until we bring in a franchise QB.

After digesting the realities of the situation, it is very easy to say the Buffalo Bills can end up in the cellar. They will not win more than 5 games this season, if 5. More than likely they go 3-13 or worse.

Its thought process's like this that just baffle me. How can a person look at what changes are being made in the organization and actually believe they have as good chance picking 32nd (winning the SB) as opposed to picking 1st overall.

I mean, really now, lets look at the changes.

Going to a 3-4 defense, normally takes 3 seasons for a full adjustment. This takes into account acquiring the personnell to play the system and the time it will take for the defensive squad to truly gel together.

Rebuilding the Offensive Line, although some pieces are in place it is more than reasonable to look 2 to 3 seasons out due to the lack of experience from the young talent alone, lets not forget that all of the pieces are not yet in place.

Changing over at RB, I mean, really, everyone has to no that with the pick up of Spiller, Lynch is gone, probably by week 6 deadline of next season, if not, then definitely by next draft.

Lack of a Franchise QB, or any QB worth a dam for that matter. Please, you kid yourself if you truly believe Edwards, Fitz, Brohm or this kid Brown have what it takes. They are merely filler until we bring in a franchise QB.

After digesting the realities of the situation, it is very easy to say the Buffalo Bills can end up in the cellar. They will not win more than 5 games this season, if 5. More than likely they go 3-13 or worse.

Wow. Do you have a link for all of these fantastic guarantees???

You basically described last year. So assuming we don't IR 20+ players again this year, can you explain to us how we're actually going to lose 3-5 MORE games?

I'm willing to wager the Bills don't end up with the first pick. I'll even give 2-1 odds. I'll be waiting for the amount you prefer... :wallbash: