Bills Sign ANOTHER Running Back

saundena

And here Blount was there, 20lbs bigger and .2 faster.

Unreal

Seriously? You want THAT guy on our team? His character is just as bad if not worse than Lynch's. And, Bell had two 2,000 yd. seasons -- hard to do in any division. Blount barely had 1000 yds. two seasons ago. The Bills made the right choice.

Yeah, no concerns with Blount.

Right, like he's the only guy thats ever thrown a punch on a football field, no less at a jerk that was taunting him.

Ever hear of pro-bowl lineman Matt Light?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erzZD5W2m9M

I'd rather have a guy that has the tools to make it and give him a chance to see if he's matured, versus a guy without the tools and no parking violations.

Career Statistics

Year GP ATT YDS AVG TD REC YDS TD

2005 RS - - - - - - -

2006 11 348 2,065 5.9 22 14 169 1

2007 11 289 1,427 4.9 25 22 230 3

2008 11 218 1,152 5.3 12 20 226 1

2009 11 326 2,084 6.4 29 23 293 3

Totals 44 1,181 6,728 5.7 88 79 918 8

Pretty impressive numbers granted hes from a small school

Right, like he's the only guy thats ever thrown a punch on a football field, no less at a jerk that was taunting him.

I'd rather have a guy that has the tools to make it and give him a chance to see if he's matured, versus a guy without the tools and no parking violations.

There's a slight difference in "throwing a punch" and completely flipping out for 10 minutes and having to be dragged down the tunnel by a combination of teammates, coaches, and security. But I guess that's just me.

Career Statistics

2005 RS - - - - - - -

Pretty impressive I guess, but I'm a little worried about the 88 touchdowns.

Yeah yea, I had a brain fart, but I fixed it with the edit. But the question remains, Does Bell make Lynch a goner?

I don't think so.

IMO, McIntyre has been worthless since we signed him.

Not knowing how many backs Gailey will keep in the game, for the sake of argument let's presume that we will have a standard, 2-back FB/RB combo in the backfield.

That would give us 6 now, no?

Lynch, Jackson, Spiller, Bell, and then the 2 free agents Mendenhall and co.

What's wrong with carrying 6 backs on your roster?

OMG, he was being taunted?!? Well that certainly would never happen in the NFL.

What a ridiculous comparison. Light was engaged during a play with a guy who was also throwing punches. Blount sucker punched a guy after the game was over.

Career Statistics

2005 RS - - - - - - -

Very impressive. The guy eclipsed 2,000 yards as a Fr. and as a Sr. Also amassed 87 total TD's. Wow. <_<

OMG, he was being taunted?!? Well that certainly would never happen in the NFL.

What a ridiculous comparison. Light was engaged during a play with a guy who was also throwing punches. Blount sucker punched a guy after the game was over.

Dude was asking for it bigtime. Frankly, I wasn't unhappy to see Blount teach him a lesson with one punch, and if Boise's coach had any ethics/balls, he would have suspended the kid for one game. You don't get in someone's face like that on the way off the field. And let's not forget that it was the Boise player who got physical first, albeit with a shove and not a punch.

What Blount did afterwards, however, is a problem, as is his history.

Dude was asking for it bigtime. Frankly, I wasn't unhappy to see Blount teach him a lesson with one punch, and if Boise's coach had any ethics/balls, he would have suspended the kid for one game. You don't get in someone's face like that on the way off the field. And let's not forget that it was the Boise player who got physical first, albeit with a shove and not a punch.

What Blount did afterwards, however, was a problem, as is his history.

Blount was asking for it too. He spent all week talking in the media about how they were going to get revenge for last years loss and embarrass Boise St. If anyone deserved a little taunting after a blowout loss, it was Blount.

Here's Blount being interviewed afterwards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_u1mEFsxfw&NR=1

What else do they want out of the guy? So he connected on a punch with a guy that had taunted and pushed him? Damn him for life? Get over it.

Nope. The loss of millions of dollars by dropping from 3rd or higher potential to undrafted was good enough for me.

Edit:

BTW, I'm not really sure what that post game interview was supposed to prove. It certainly doesn't do much to take away from what actually happened:

Take note that he also punched his own teammate (whose helmet was still on). Yeah, high character guy there.

I find it hard to believe this guy is anything other than training camp fodder. A shot in the dark that best case earns a roster spot, worst case provides a scout team back in camp for the starting D to beat on. I don' t think he, Mendenhall, or any other undrafted back they sign means anything in regards to Lynch.

Also, get over Blount, he was a late round guy with work ethic concerns before he sucker punched the Boise St. player. It seems about right that he go undrafted after.

He shouldn't have hit the dude, but it wasn't a sucker punch. You get in someone's face running at the mouth during an emotionally charged situation you should be prepared for a reaction.

Blount was asking for it too. He spent all week talking in the media about how they were going to get revenge for last years loss and embarrass Boise St. If anyone deserved a little taunting after a blowout loss, it was Blount.

Guy taunting Blunt looks like a complete dufus/ douche.

I like the way he fell like a ton of bricks from a sucker punch.

Serves him right.

<_<

So where's the outrage at Light, an NFL veteran, landing several punches on Crowder?

Seriously? Lets forget for a second that the two situations weren't comparable AT ALL (as I've already said), but what the hell does he have to do with this discussion? Why would I show outrage at Matt Light during a conversation about which free agent running back the Bills should have signed?

Seriously? Lets forget for a second that the two situations weren't comparable AT ALL (as I've already said), but what the hell does he have to do with this discussion? Why would I show outrage at Matt Light during a conversation about which free agent running back the Bills should have signed?

Its completely comparable and relevant. You are of opinion that throwing a punch on a football field means a guy should lose his career.

You're just a hypocrite at best, racist at worst.

Guy taunting Blunt looks like a complete dufus/ douche.

I like the way he fell like a ton of bricks from a sucker punch.

Serves him right.

<_<

I agree. I have no sympathy for the dude that got punched. He deserved it. Though he was already being dragged away by his coach when Blount decided to hit him. There's no excuse for either player, but while taunting a player who talked trash about you all week probably deserved a harsh talking to, punching an opposing player who had his head turned, punching a teammate, and then going berserk and having security drag you off the field certainly deserved a bit more repercussion.

Blount is nothing more than a mediocre talent that has major character concerns.

Sucker punching a guy for saying something to you is pathetic. Anyone who supports this behavior is awfully immature and ignorant. The truth is, Blount was taunting Boise State players all pre-game and acting as though he was going to go after them. You know the whole song and dance where somebody pretends to be going after someone else and his friends hold him back. Pathetic.

A sucker punch is when you punch someone who has no clue it's coming and isn't defending themselves. Blount swung at a guy who was turning away from him and then proceeded to parade around like he was hard. The typical reaction of a punk ass clown after a sucker punch. I love the fans of this behavior who celebrate the punch like he was "teaching someone a lesson". The only lesson he taught was that he has no control of himself.

..... and yes the Boise State player went down like a ton of bricks, that typically happens when somebody blindsides you. The guy got right up and wasn't knocked out like many of you were hoping. <_<<_<:thumbsup:

Bottom line: Blount has been suspended a few times throughout his collegiate career and his tirade showed why. His mediocre talent isn't enough to overcome his behavior or poor work ethic.

Blount was just talking. The Boise kid shoved. There's the problem. Once you shove someone, you don't get to dictate their reaction. They might shove back, they might walk away, or they might clock you in the jaw.

Agreed that his antics AFTER the punch deserved some serious examination.

And Joe, while I think race might have played a part in the reaction by the coaches/media/fans, I don't think anything Faustus posted was racist. Or hypocritical. The two incidents (Blount and Light) are very different.

Its completely comparable and relevant. You are of opinion that throwing a punch on a football field means a guy should lose his career.

You're just a hypocrite at best, racist at worst

<_<:thumbsup::thumbsup::lol:

We all knew you were a moron. Thanks for verifying it for the board. <_<

Blount was just talking. The Boise kid shoved. There's the problem. Once you shove someone, you don't get to dictate their reaction. They might shove back, they might walk away, or they might clock you in the jaw.

Agreed that his antics AFTER the punch deserved some serious examination.

And Joe, while I think race might have played a part in the reaction by the coaches/media/fans, I don't think anything Faustus posted was racist. Or hypocritical. The two incidents (Blount and Light) are very different.

The materially similar thing is they were both football players throwing punches on the field. One just happened to be a young black guy, the other a white seasoned vet.

While I'm not excusing the taunting, I don't agree there was a "shove". All the kid did was slap Blount's shoulder pad, something you see a dozen times a game between teammates and opponents. It may just be a difference of perception, but "shove", especially a shove that would induce a violent response, means something very different to me.

While I'm not excusing the taunting, I don't agree there was a "shove". All the kid did was slap Blount's shoulder pad, something you see a dozen times a game between teammates and opponents. It may just be a difference of perception, but "shove", especially a shove that would induce a violent response, means something very different to me.

It was clearly not a shove and hardly a reason to tee off on someone. It is a joke to defend Blount's actions.

I don't think so.

IMO, McIntyre has been worthless since we signed him.

Not knowing how many backs Gailey will keep in the game, for the sake of argument let's presume that we will have a standard, 2-back FB/RB combo in the backfield.

That would give us 6 now, no?

Lynch, Jackson, Spiller, Bell, and then the 2 free agents Mendenhall and co.

What's wrong with carrying 6 backs on your roster?

Going into the season, continuing to have the worst offensive line in the NFL, there is no telling how many RBs Gailey will keep. They are going to have to carry the load, as even Joe Montana couldn't pass with this line. The more projects you have in camp, the more likely you might find a hidden gem.