2010 Buffalo Bills QB Derby

Brand J

Buffalo Bills QB Derby  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Which player will open the season as the Bills starting QB?

• Ryan Fitzpatrick
    • Trent Edwards
    • Brian Brohm
    • Levi Brown
  2. 2. Which player would you like to see emerge as the starter?

• Ryan Fitzpatrick
    • Trent Edwards
    • Brian Brohm
    • Levi Brown
  3. 3. If the Bills elect to keep 3 QBs on the roster, which player would you like to see released?

• Ryan Fitzpatrick
    • Trent Edwards
    • Brian Brohm
    • Levi Brown

the battle is going to be between Edwards and Brohm with Fitz backing up no matter what

Levi Brown will most likely end up on the practice squad unless Brohm stinks it up and they release him because I dont see them cutting either Edwards or Fitz

Im down on Edwards but I dont think we can judge any of the guys that have played the last few years in the cracker jack offense they have been running...Gailey is a good offensive coach, we all know that and has had success with less then stellar QBs so who knows what he can do with Edwards and Brohm

my guess is Edwards will most likely be the starter but I am hoping Brohm gets a real shot

the battle is going to be between Edwards and Brohm with Fitz backing up no matter what

Levi Brown will most likely end up on the practice squad unless Brohm stinks it up and they release him because I dont see them cutting either Edwards or Fitz

Im down on Edwards but I dont think we can judge any of the guys that have played the last few years in the cracker jack offense they have been running...Gailey is a good offensive coach, we all know that and has had success with less then stellar QBs so who knows what he can do with Edwards and Brohm

my guess is Edwards will most likely be the starter but I am hoping Brohm gets a real shot

I agree...except for Trent to get the start opening day I think he has to really out play Brohm given how little he has shown in way of potential the last 2 years. I think if the race is close Brohm will get the nod because even if he is slightly out played by Trent, the assumption is he will continue to improve with game experience and will demonstrate much more upside than Trent in a close battle.

So, I actually think Brohm wins it as I have never seen Trent look very good in preseason...

Ryan Fitzpatrick seems to be getting absolutely no love from you all - after all, he did beat out Trent for the starting spot last season. Trent may be a more talented player than Fitzpatrick, but Fitz is more of a gamer. For the record, I voted Brohm, Brohm, Edwards.

lol, I wonder if anyone votes the same guy as opening day starter, and the one they want to see released...

I did. Edwards.

This is Nix/Gailey's 1st BB draft so Brown stays on PS. They may keep 3 QB's on active and just deactivate one every Sunday -at least until the perenial injuries start killing the roster. Then, it's who fails most miserably that meets the curb.

I did. Edwards.

This is Nix/Gailey's 1st BB draft so Brown stays on PS. They may keep 3 QB's on active and just deactivate one every Sunday -at least until the perenial injuries start killing the roster. Then, it's who fails most miserably that meets the curb.

No one will fail miserably.

All 4 are solid back up QBs (TE, Brohm, Fitz) and 3rd STRINGERS (Levi Brown)

How could anyone in their right mind NOT choose Levi Brown as the guy they WANT to be the opening day starter? It's never going to happen but it would mean that he was extraordinary in OTA practices and training camp and pre-season in order for him to leapfrog all three of them. Gailey is not stupid, and he's not going to hand the reigns over to a rookie 7th round pick who is going to get killed. If Brown starts, he'll likely be a franchise quarterback.

It just has a 0.001% chance of happening. ')

Just the fact that Nix said Brohm has a chance leads me to beleive he will be the starter......

- I dont think they are high on Edwards.....who has the look of a broken player

- They have seen Fitzpatricks body of work....decent enough arm but inaccurate as hell

- Brohm is a guy that was brought in late.....had no training camp to work with......and was thrown into the fire late. He fits the attributes that they like and was a former 2nd round pick.

I think Brohm takes it....Fiz is kept as the backup.....and they start developing their developmental QB