I can't escape the feeling that our defense will be something spec

For the first time in a long time I finally feel like the guys in the front office have a freaking clue. They made the decision to switch to a 3-4, went out and got the coaches they needed and yesterday and today added a bunch of players they needed.

The NFL is a business and like any good business you need a plan to succeed. It's clear that Nix & company have an plan, are going to work their plan and I believe they'll be very successful.

For the first time in a long time I finally feel like the guys in the front office have a freaking clue. They made the decision to switch to a 3-4, went out and got the coaches they needed and today added a bunch of players they needed.

The NFL is a business and like any good business you need a plan to succeed. It's clear that Nix & company have an plan, are going to work their plan and I believe they'll be very successful.

Yeah!

GO BILLS!

I think it is a 2 year plan , and i think Nix wants to build the D this year, and the offense next year. Well, i think he has done a superb job at building the D, and has also done something to our offense with the addition of Spiller.

I agree and will add, as others already have, that a major part of the upgrade on offense has also been put into action with Chan himself. We have weapons on offense, but Dick and Co. didn't know how to use them.

For the first time in a long time I finally feel like the guys in the front office have a freaking clue. They made the decision to switch to a 3-4, went out and got the coaches they needed and yesterday and today added a bunch of players they needed.

I love how people get flamed for saying they didn't like the draft, but when people come on and gush it's okay.

There is one thing missing and it's what makes the 3-4 "special", pass rushers. Troupe and Carrington can push the pocket but the Bills are counting on Maybin, Kelsay, Ellis and Mitchell to the QB? Thats special alright!

Whats going to be special is when Brady is sitting in the pocket all day long because we have the same guys coming after him that have never been able to get to him.

Hey, pretty sweet gig for Buddy and Chan. All they needed to do is come in and make "football" decisions. Honestly, we couldn't get much worse. It's alot easier to build something that has a recent history of being "bottom-feeders" than to maintain a high level of excellence. Pretty much anything they do is going to give you a good feeling because they're finally going in the right direction.

Yes and we had the best offense in the league with explosive WRs last off season. Long way to go before any conclusions can be made, cool your jets. We suck until we outplay good teams.

I agree with the OP. This draft really helped to solidfy the starting DL and the depth issues we've had at LB for years. And they didn't take any DBs, recognizing that after years of taking solid DBs in the draft, we no longer have a need to improve the secondary through the draft this year. Great draft all around. I think next year the defense will be significantly improved and over the next two to three years this team is really going to be a contender. Compared to our division rivals, we had a heck of a draft.

I agree with the OP. This draft really helped to solidfy the starting DL and the depth issues we've had at LB for years. And they didn't take any DBs, recognizing that after years of taking solid DBs in the draft, we no longer have a need to improve the secondary through the draft this year. Great draft all around. I think next year the defense will be significantly improved and over the next two to three years this team is really going to be a contender. Compared to our division rivals, we had a heck of a draft.

I agreed. New England: Of their 12 picks, only one was their original (7 trades, 4 compensatory). They "overbrained" themselves. New York Jets: Grabbed a "nickleback" with the 29th pick when they already have 2 shut-down corners. They need more than 7 picks in the last 2 years to stay competitive Miami: 1 offensive pick out of 8? Defense wasn't their only concern. Buffalo sat and addressed their core concerns without making HEADLINES. Great draft IMO.

I am happier with this draft than any draft I can remember. It's a weird feeling as a Bills fan to be satisfied following a draft. Hopefully my positive feelings are warranted and these players are the first step towards the Bills returning to relevancy in the NFL.

I am happier with this draft than any draft I can remember. It's a weird feeling as a Bills fan to be satisfied following a draft. Hopefully my positive feelings are warranted and these players are the first step towards the Bills returning to relevancy in the NFL.

Probably because we didnt draft high risk players like Maybin and expect our "amazing" coaching staff to turn them into solid players

Don't get excited about this year, but did they get better in the long run? Yeah, it looks like it. It'll take a while, though, and I agree with Cocktosten about pass rushers. We didn't address that. But as long as I just look at this draft as one of two or three building blocks towards being better in a while, yeah, it's a nice draft.

I agree with you. First we added Dwan Edwards and Andra Davis - not flashy but solid pick-ups. Then a good low center of gravity NT and couple of other linemen. These choices along with an already solid DB corps and an expected good DC makes me feel confident in our D. I think we have the potential of being a top-10 D this year. Yes, I really think so.

Last years draft was solid and this years looks promising. Everybody discounting last years draft because Maybin wasn't a Pro Bowler his first year are football stupid. The picks made this year and changing to a 3-4 could make last years draft look brilliant! Did everybody forget about Byrd, Levitre and Wood already?

I agree and will add, as others already have, that a major part of the upgrade on offense has also been put into action with Chan himself. We have weapons on offense, but Dick and Co. didn't know how to use them.

I keep trying to read your comment but my eyes keep drifting over to your avatar!

I just keep trying to convince myself that Maybin is going to thrive in the 3-4. If he could be a factor and rack up 10 sacks, this defense might be pretty sweet. We knew he was a project and now he is in position to succeed. At least I hope.