Draft Recap

RyanC883

Draft Recap:

1st Round: CJ Spiller. Great pick. Change of pace back, should make offense more dynamic.

2nd Round: Torell Troup. A 2 year 2nd Team Sun Belt player seems like a stretch in the 2nd round, would have liked Mt. Cody with this pick. Look for Cody to pair with Nagata and form a Ravens pro-bowl tandem of player the Bills should have drafted.

3rd Round: Great pick of Carrington, who should have gone earlier. Provides much needed 3-4 DE.

4th Round. Easley, a one year wonder, seems a bit of a stretch. But as most of the top WR's were gone, the Bills appeared stuck with him. I'm sure they would have preferred a playmaker like Gillyard.

5th Round: Ed Wang. Great pick. Could become a dominant tackle, should have gone earlier in the draft.

6th Round: Arthur Moats. Good pick. Another needed 3-4 DE.

6th Round. Danny Batten . No clue!

7th Round: Levi Brown. Poor pick, mostly because the Bills inability to acquire a QB who can compete for the starting spot next year will doom this team to another top 10 draft slot . Brown gets rid of the ball quickly, generally by checking-down.

7th Round. Kyle Calloway. Good pick this late in the draft.

Overall Grade: B. A top flight playmaker in Spiller, some good size and strength along the lines, but the inability to secure a QB to compete next year will cause this team trouble. I'm not sure Gailey can work w/ any of the current QB's, but obviously he would disagree.

Thoughts?!?!?

Corey Chavous, NFL Network, just graded our draft and gave it a solid A. Charles Davis gave it a C+.

For those that care of such things.

I do agree with Chavous, though, on one point... alot of the guys Buffalo drafted have alot of potential. They didn't get the names, but they got alot of guys that are solid, versatile players that have the potential to develop into great players.

Draft Recap:

1st Round: CJ Spiller. Great pick. Change of pace back, should make offense more dynamic.

2nd Round: Torell Troup. A 2 year 2nd Team Sun Belt player seems like a stretch in the 2nd round, would have liked Mt. Cody with this pick. Look for Cody to pair with Nagata and form a Ravens pro-bowl tandem of player the Bills should have drafted.

3rd Round: Great pick of Carrington, who should have gone earlier. Provides much needed 3-4 DE.

4th Round. Easley, a one year wonder, seems a bit of a stretch. But as most of the top WR's were gone, the Bills appeared stuck with him. I'm sure they would have preferred a playmaker like Gillyard.

5th Round: Ed Wang. Great pick. Could become a dominant tackle, should have gone earlier in the draft.

7th Round: Levi Brown. Poor pick, mostly because the Bills inability to acquire a QB who can compete for the starting spot next year will doom this team to another top 10 draft slot . Brown gets rid of the ball quickly, generally by checking-down.

Overall Grade: B. A top flight playmaker in Spiller, some good size and strength along the lines, but the inability to secure a QB to compete next year will cause this team trouble. I'm not sure Gailey can work w/ any of the current QB's, but obviously he would disagree.

Thoughts?!?!?

There's no shame in saying this more often when it's the case (i.e. for Calloway, Moats, Carrington, etc.).

Spiller - was the sizzle. He will be great if we can get him the ball

Troup/Carrington usher in the new defensive philosophy where bigger means better

Easley was not a one year wonder and played well against the Pats top CB pick

Wang looks like a real find. I am excited to see what he can do.

Moats will be converted to a linebacker - too small to play end -- but he's quick and should compete

Batten/Brown - ???

Calloway - a great last pickup -- should have went earlier and Iowa players come ready!

1st Round: CJ Spiller RB. Could be a star and a difference maker. Maybe?

2nd Round: Torell Troup NT - I like him better than Cody. Discipline and hard work will make him the better player.

3rd Round: Alex Carrington - Much needed 3-4 DE. Could be a starter in the future.

4th Round. Easley WR - Don't know. I like his size though.

5th Round: Ed Wang OT - Could develop into a solid player --- next year.

6th Round: Arthur Moats. Another needed 3-4 DE. Special teams and depth.

6th Round. Danny Batten. Special teams and loaded with heart.

7th Round: Levi Brown. Don't know. Probably will hold a clip board for 2 years.

7th Round. Kyle Calloway - Could be good OL depth and maybe more.

Let them play and then we shall see.

Draft Recap:

Just wondering what QB in the draft that was available at # 9 or any other pick for that matter would have allowed the Bills to"compete" next year. Seriously, how can you say that?

Thoughts?!?!?

This is all too early to tell. However, Buffalo did an amazing job of picking players who seem to be team players.

Yeah I think so to. And the speed with which the Bills got most of their picks in makes me believe the staff has a plan, and these are the players they see fitting that plan. Another team, New England, drafts like that and they have been doing well. I'm hesistant to give the Bills the benefit of the doubt drafting, given the past 10 years, but it looks like this new staff might be onto something. We shall see!!