Truth to Torrel Troup

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nix said he's already at 320#, and since his weight is in the lower part of his body (which is good for a NT), he can add a lot more weight. Cool. He's already strong, benching 225# 34 times, which was tied for 2nd best among the DL at the Combine.

Not taking many plays off at that weight and that position may be of value especially when you know Brady is going to try and take advantage of the situational out-of-shape guy.

[Gotta say this though: Second team and not first team in a average conference.

Hope I'm missing something.

Bingo. Another huge reach.

I am fine with Troup, fills a huge hole...but 2nd round? I would love to see some sort of evidence that he would not have been there in the 3rd or 4th round.

Now he has pressure on him to not be a bust since he is a 2nd round pick. IMO he has to be like Vince Wilfork type player or this was a wasted pick.

I am fine with Troup, fills a huge hole...but 2nd round? I would love to see some sort of evidence that he would not have been there in the 3rd or 4th round.

Now he has pressure on him to not be a bust since he is a 2nd round pick. IMO he has to be like Vince Wilfork type player or this was a wasted pick.

I would love to see some sort of evidence that he would have been there in the 3rd or 4th. Vince Wilfork was a 1st round pick and it's obvious that the Bills are staying true to their board. Let me guess, Kiper and Mayock thinks it was a reach, therefore you think it's a reach. How come those guys aren't GMs themselves?

Actually happy that we got him over Cody. Why take a guy that is so prone to being huge.

I agree, Cody is a big risk. "Big tub of goo" was the description someone posted here from an NFL GM.

If he's too lazy to keep in shape in college, adding a multi-million dollar contract to the equation is unlikely to motivate him.

Now our second round picks need to be among the top three at their position before we consider them successful?

Drink the cool-aide dipsheet. Every Year around this time you have Hope. Every year around this time you rationalize the great picks.. The reality of it is that every year that we do not address our REAL BASIC NEEDS is another lost season. I'll make it simple for you since you obviously don't know sheet about FBALL. It all starts with the Offensive Line, Period end of story. Without an Offensive line you could have Joe Montana, Jerry Rice and OJ Simpson and your team will still suck. This team continues to pander to those in the sales department and the need to sell tickets. I'll waive my consulting fee.

while Oline is extremely important, to say that it's more important than QB and Dline or even secondary in this day and age is a bit ignorant. Look at the colts oline. Look at the saints oline. Look at the chargers oline, look at the packers oline. Look at the cardinals oline. Look at the steelers oline.

Mike Gandy was the starting LT for the NFC champs 2 years ago. Did you see the starting LT in last years SB?

A team with as many as we have can only fill them one pick at a time. Now, out run defense is finally solidified. Just because you've never heard of the guys we drafted doesn't mean they aren't good picks. Our team was pathetic last year, with our run defense being just as pathetic as our oline. The regime said they want guys that can come in here and play right now, as opposed to guys that will come in and watch. Seems to me they weren't that high on the oline candidates this year.

while Oline is extremely important, to say that it's more important than QB and Dline or even secondary in this day and age is a bit ignorant. Look at the colts oline. Look at the saints oline. Look at the chargers oline, look at the packers oline. Look at the cardinals oline. Look at the steelers oline.

Mike Gandy was the starting LT for the NFC champs 2 years ago. Did you see the starting LT in last years SB?

A team with as many as we have can only fill them one pick at a time. Now, out run defense is finally solidified. Just because you've never heard of the guys we drafted doesn't mean they aren't good picks. Our team was pathetic last year, with our run defense being just as pathetic as our oline. The regime said they want guys that can come in here and play right now, as opposed to guys that will come in and watch. Seems to me they weren't that high on the oline candidates this year.

Good point about Gandy. It was funny watching him stink in those games, but hey, the Cardinals did alot of damage in the playoffs anyways.

Good points, but I agree that it all starts with the OLine. With that being said though, D line was a huge need of our. Nix and Co decided to focus on our ability to stop the run, and I'm ok with that. We won 6 games last year IN SPITE of our O line. of our 10 losses a considerable number were because our defense was completely gased out. I guess Nix's rationalle is that it's better to completely fix 1 unit (D line) than to halfway fix 2 units (OT, NT/DE).

I'm coming around to these picks and I'm excited for the season.

More like another wasted TSW registration ID...

Why because you can't handle the truth? Meanwhile the Bills spend a 4th round pick on someone that would be there in Round 7. A 1 year starter at the Football power Uconn