Nix has a good plan and its coming together

DarthICE

We are running the 3-4 so we need players for the 3-4. Everyone agrees 'it starts with the lines'. Ok to play a 3-4 you MUST start with NT. The NT holds ground so LB's can attack. We got the best guy in this draft to do just that, hold ground and maintain his gap and not get moved.

We need DE's fit for the 3-4. We just got one of the best pure 3-4 DE's who weighs 285lbs at something like 6'5" to play DE for us.

I see day 2 so far as a damn solid day. I feel this team has already upgraded and is on the right path.

Needs? QB, OLB and OL.

'But ICE the OL is the greatest need'. I counter with bull ****. Like Gailey said, Spiller just made this OL better. If we get a QB worth a **** then it gets even better. MANY sacks the last couple years were because our QB's can't read a defense to save their asses and won't get rid of the ball on time. This line produced a 1000 yard rusher with a guy not half as good as Spiller. This line is NOT as bad as media and fans want to make it out to be. This has been seen by the staff who has went back and watched game film from every angle. This is backed by us passing on every tackle available so far.

We are heading in the right direction, I just wish we had more picks :-(

Keep up the great work Nix! :D

For the first time in years, i think we can say we are headed in the right direction. Many people expect us to be good overnight..well, it doesnt work that way. We just got 3 SOLID PLAYERS in the draft, and if you look at the offseason, we havent lost anybody important to our team. GO BILLS! GO NIX!

We are running the 3-4 so we need players for the 3-4. Everyone agrees 'it starts with the lines'. Ok to play a 3-4 you MUST start with NT. The NT holds ground so LB's can attack. We got the best guy in this draft to do just that, hold ground and maintain his gap and not get moved.

We need DE's fit for the 3-4. We just got one of the best pure 3-4 DE's who weighs 285lbs at something like 6'5" to play DE for us.

I see day 2 so far as a damn solid day. I feel this team has already upgraded and is on the right path.

Needs? QB, OLB and OL.

'But ICE the OL is the greatest need'. I counter with bull ****. Like Gailey said, Spiller just made this OL better. If we get a QB worth a **** then it gets even better. MANY sacks the last couple years were because our QB's can't read a defense to save their asses and won't get rid of the ball on time. This line produced a 1000 yard rusher with a guy not half as good as Spiller. This line is NOT as bad as media and fans want to make it out to be. This has been seen by the staff who has went back and watched game film from every angle. This is backed by us passing on every tackle available so far.

Keep up the great work Nix! :thumbsup:

Great post, hermano. Dead on the money. Nixley is 3 for 3, and the team is already substantially better.

i like your attitude- i wish i could fall in line with it. i still think it's horseshit we wasted the 9th pick on one of the few positions where we already have productive player. i hate the spiller pick and i think it will come back to haunt us.

but hopefully these two kids we got tonight can play, because we need their help.

Great post, hermano. Dead on the money. Nixley is 3 for 3, and the team is already substantially better.

If you're going to take a NT, why not Mt. Cody?

Because Cody is a two down NT?

OK.

If Troop is an every down NT, then we're good.

Who says that the Bills drafted the best guy in the draft to hold ground and maintin his gap? This guy was rated at best a third round prospect. You are giving Nix way too much credit at this point. We will see in a couple of years if he made the right decisions.

Ice...this is where I have to practice what I've been preaching on this board...gotta trust that Buddy knows what he's doing. He's plugged some of the holes we had. Are they the right guys? I don't know but they all have something in common - they are players that have produced for four years and are built for the positions they play. I feel we are getting better but it's not going to be a quick turnaround. It's going to take a few years but it will be done right.

OK.

cody has a lot of off field / weight issues. id much rather have a guy at 315 who is a bull with long, strong reach. its a solid pick - a lot of guys thought he'd go in round 2 just because of his size. others said round 5. just like clausen - mel, mcshay, etc only their opinions...

It seems that with these picks they are very serious about...run...stop the run

Seriously!

The best running back, the strongest run-plugging NT, and the biggest best run defending DE who's also a decent pass rusher.

Carrington was Sun Belt POY with 9 sacks (#1 in his conference), 146 career tackles, and 21.5 sacks.

Who says that the Bills drafted the best guy in the draft to hold ground and maintin his gap? This guy was rated at best a third round prospect. You are giving Nix way too much credit at this point. We will see in a couple of years if he made the right decisions.

The same thing happens every year: fans get pumped directly after the draft. Reality says most rookies, particularly after the first round, don't make much impact their first season.

The book on Levy from 06-07 is finally closing now. He failed miserably, and it's not surprising that fans have gone emotional directly after another draft. Time will tell.

Needs? QB, OLB and OL.

Keep up the great work Nix! :thumbsup:

I agree it's been a good day. But if you think our line isn't that bad, you're wrong. Our line sucks. It's horrible. And we need tackle help.

Ice...this is where I have to practice what I've been preaching on this board...gotta trust that Buddy knows what he's doing. He's plugged some of the holes we had. Are they the right guys? I don't know but they all have something in common - they are players that have produced for four years and are built for the positions they play. I feel we are getting better but it's not going to be a quick turnaround. It's going to take a few years but it will be done right.

What has he done to deserve this trust??

OK.

Doubt that, considering he is a whopping 6 lbs heavier than Kyle Williams....The knock on WIlliams up until this point is that he is too small to play in a 3-4 yet we draft a guy 6 lbs heavier to play the same spot?? Just don't get it...I guess depth is good and i was fine with Williams being in there cuz he's a beast, but i think we could have gone in a different direction...OT?

Doubt that, considering he is a whopping 6 lbs heavier than Kyle Williams....The knock on WIlliams up until this point is that he is too small to play in a 3-4 yet we draft a guy 6 lbs heavier to play the same spot?? Just don't get it...I guess depth is good and i was fine with Williams being in there cuz he's a beast, but i think we could have gone in a different direction...OT?

Totally different builds. Troup can easily add some pounds and we need him only to be a two down player and have Kyle in on 3rd down. This kid outdid Suh bench pressing. He's built to plug the middle not to penetrate like KW.

Given our options at each slot, I am satisfied with these picks. When it comes to the LT position I am just not impressed with anyone outside of Williams and Okung. Sure we could of picked up a body at #2 but would they come ready to start and play well, I doubt it.