You gotta love Buddy Nix

Billsguy

Mark Gaughn's article had this:

'They could have taken the third tackle in the draft — either Iowa's Bryan Bulaga or Rutgers' Anthony Davis. They could have taken nose tackle Dan Williams of Tennessee or pass rusher Derrick Morgan of Georgia Tech.

"I told you guys the last time we met that need was important, but it had to be a guy who we felt could start immediately, not that those other guys couldn't," Nix said.'

What a great quote, " it had to be a guy who we felt could start immediately, not that those other guys couldn't" Totally illogical, but entertaining.

I guess he wasn't kidding when he said he wasn't the smartest guy.

They took Spiller to sell tickets and create some buzz. How about that shot at Lee Evans that the team had no game breakers? I think he was right about that unfortunately.

Now I wouldn't be surprised if they took a QB or WR.

Speaking of need, they will probably be shopping for starting OT's in round 7.

Did rounds 2-6 happen and i already missed... :D I love lets jump to conclusion people after 1 round

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to disagree with you on this one. The Spiller pick was a lot of things, to include a marketing ploy. Furthermore, if their supposed hardcore interest in Tebow has any shred of truth to it, that to would only refute your claim.

Their is no reason to assume that marketing and smart personnel moves cannot coexist. One does not automaticly discount the other based soley on association.

Their is no reason to assume that marketing and smart personnel moves cannot coexist. One does not automaticly discount the other based soley on association.

FU, I decided otherwise and so that is the way it is..reality has no place here. Can anyone give me a ride to the latest tea party?

I have to disagree with you on this one. The Spiller pick was a lot of things, to include a marketing ploy. Furthermore, if their supposed hardcore interest in Tebow has any shred of truth to it, that to would only refute your claim.

well, i guess i just think that if their main agenda was Marketing, they wouldve thrown everything out the winda and went straight for Tebow.

Buddy did say he loved Tebow, but he was not in their future...and I believe it because so far they seem to do only what they say.

I also think they know Colt is they're guy and now they're making a move to get him....your thoughts?

Idiot. Fred Jackson is nearly 30. Lynch could be gone. Spiller is the most dynamic player in the draft.

You, sir, aren't smart. Nor do you watch college football.

You are an idiot. Did you watch OJ Simpson in college? I did and he was absolutely unfreakin -believable! Far superior to Spiller in college.

He got to Buffalo with no offensive line and he didn't do squat and he was one of the greatest ever. Now you think Spiller is so fantastic that he is going to shred the league this year behing a patchwork line?

I have watched more football than you by a factor of ten at least.

According to this, Nix had no interest in Tebow at all. That is, of course, if you believe what Buddy is selling during this "interview". Which I don't - The Bills marketing machine put out that interview, just too quick and hardcore of a denial for me to believe it. It just smacks too much of "we didn't F up, we never wanted him in the first place".

potential and 75 cents will get you a small coffee.

I wish we'd tanked last year so we could have drafted an every-down OL prospect.

In terms of a shot in the arm to the offense, a CJ is a much bigger shot than a LT. Do the Bills NEED OL? Of course. But CJ has the potential to affect games on a much greater scale than an OL.

You don't like the pick, okay. I would have been happy with a stud OL, but I think there is a big upside with CJ. Somewhat risky, but worth it IMO.

Do you Spiller-loving idiots not understand that you can't win in today's NFL without a top quarterback?

You can have the best running back in the NFL, but without a good QB you CAN'T EVEN MAKE THE PLAYOFFS.

Stop drinking the kool-aid and telling yourself that every move they Bills make is correct.

Look at Chris Johnson in Tenesee, or Adrian Peterson in Minnesota two years ago with Tarvares - even the best RBs in the league can't bring some junk team with no QB to the playoffs.

This pick just proves that the regime is just more of the same. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

Be honest, if someone asked you a week ago to list the Bills top need positions, you would NOT have said RB. If you were asked what positions they need the LEAST help at, RB would be near the top of the list.

Terrible pick by a terrible organization that is bound to be a cellar dweller until Ralph finally dies and the team is moved to another city.

Well, you sound like me. but I am not going there. My sense is they go O and D line today in rounds 2 and 3, then pick up a QB late or next year. This thing will not get fixed in one year and clearly their decision to pass on both Bulaga AND Clausen was completely vindicated by the fact they both were viewed as out of the top 20 by every other team. I was miffed by the Spiller thing until I noticed that all kinds of linemen are still on the board. And that 32 teams all passed on Clausen. Nix made the same choice greater minds made (Holmgren, Carrol, et al) ... that also needed a QB. Maybe ole buddy knows what he is doing...

Well, you sound like me. but I am not going there. My sense is they go O and D line today in rounds 2 and 3, then pick up a QB late or next year. This thing will not get fixed in one year and clearly their decision to pass on both Bulaga AND Clausen was completely vindicated by the fact they both were viewed as out of the top 20 by every other team. I was miffed by the Spiller thing until I noticed that all kinds of linemen are still on the board. And that 32 teams all passed on Clausen. Nix made the same choice greater minds made (Holmgren, Carrol, et al) ... that also needed a QB. Maybe ole buddy knows what he is doing...

you should change your screen name

8 and 8 sounds like a wonderful dream

more like 4-12

Do you Spiller-loving idiots not understand that you can't win in today's NFL without a top quarterback?

You can have the best running back in the NFL, but without a good QB you CAN'T EVEN MAKE THE PLAYOFFS.

Stop drinking the kool-aid and telling yourself that every move they Bills make is correct.

Look at Chris Johnson in Tenesee, or Adrian Peterson in Minnesota two years ago with Tarvares - even the best RBs in the league can't bring some junk team with no QB to the playoffs.

This pick just proves that the regime is just more of the same. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

Be honest, if someone asked you a week ago to list the Bills top need positions, you would NOT have said RB. If you were asked what positions they need the LEAST help at, RB would be near the top of the list.

Terrible pick by a terrible organization that is bound to be a cellar dweller until Ralph finally dies and the team is moved to another city.

What possesses you to go on this website????????????? hatefilled words...hatefilled.....

learn to count retard

you think any team that already has a good QB is going to draft a QB in round 1? lololol

other crap teams at least got help at key need positions

everywhere the bills are being given among the worst draft grade in round 1

I love it, 8 posts on this board and you're calling people "idiots" and "retards". Nice.

If you don't like the pick, that's fine, but just tell everyone why you don't. Don't come on this board and start trashing other people.

The Bills got a great asset for the number 9 pick, there are plenty of other very good players left and last I saw there were still 6 rounds left unless I missed them.

I love it, 8 posts on this board and you're calling people "idiots" and "retards". Nice.

If you don't like the pick, that's fine, but just tell everyone why you don't. Don't come on this board and start trashing other people.

The Bills got a great asset for the number 9 pick, there are plenty of other very good players left and last I saw there were still 6 rounds left unless I missed them.

Don't feed the Trolls.

I'm not trolling.

I've been a season ticket holder for many years. I never miss a game, I'm always in the stadium an hour early or more to cheer on the players.

It just doesn't take much intelligence to recognize that good teams in the NFL have good QBs, and bad teams don't. You can have the best RB in the world and it won't get you to the playoffs if your QB can't play. QB is by FAR the most important position on either side of the ball, and the Bills are woefully lacking at this position.

I think Spiller is a great kid and a great talent, but RB was no where near one of the team's top needs.

Me too.

I don't understand the Charles Brown love. Admittedly based on what I've read, he is very athletic, but is

underpowered and doesn't play aggressively and is perhaps a bit of an underachiever. Unless the Bills think

more highly of him than that, he isn't really worth a high 2nd round pick.

Now, sure if they think that all that he needs is some strength improvement in a pro program and they are

sure that his body can get stronger and he is willing to put in the work, then maybe. But, I have to imagine

that USC has the best weight facilities and coaching in the country, so why isn't he already strong?