"The BILLS Have No Talent"

It should also be mentioned that out of all the players available on draft day, IMO, only one of them has the ability to single-handedly win a game. And that is Spiller.

Spiller can get you 200 all purpose yards and a TD or 2 on gameday. Who else can do that?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If I had a dollar for every time that phrase was uttered on this board, I'd give Buffet a run.

The team FINALLY picks the most talented football player on the board - a guy who has absolutely zero question marks. Doesn't fumble. Is a dynamic playmaker regardless of scenario. Has tremendous vision. Doesn't need "Hall of Fame" level blocking. Isn't a douche bag off the field.

Pretty much the anti-Lynch.

He compares favorably with both Marshall Faulk and Chris Johnson. The first game changer in Orchard Park since Thurman's heyday.

This pick is a home run. Baluga, Claussen, or Williams were ALL reaches at 9.

I don't care. I refuse to have hope, no matter how hard this team tries to suck me back in to its masochistic little abusive game.

I've seen a bunch of different highlight reels and not sure which is the one that most people have seen but that avenueofchampion one is just sick. I don't see how we are not going to keep throwing bombs to this guy. If Gailey really is the innovator that he is supposed to be, Spiller is a LOT better pick. In the hands of Jauron and a crappy OC, he could easily be wasted. But I have a feeling than Chan is drooling, and he was saying to Nix and Ralphie and Brandon that if you get me this guy, I can do all kinds of crap with him.

as goofy as it sounds the big thing to me that makes me think this kid will be a stud is that he is an acedemic all american, and graduated in 3.5 years, and was on the track team (even tho he missed some of the pre football stuff for the 09 season). that looks a lot like robert smith to me, although i think spiller is more liked by his teammates as a super hard competitor (smith has a rep of not fighting for extra yards as it often hurt him).

a smart rb (tt and barry could be said to be that, as well as faulk and lt of course) imo is like a MLB with great spead -- it gives him an extra edge to get things outside of the play design done. without just shot gunning it like lynch and mcgahee often did risking it in the back field to hope to break one, i think the best rb's run to a level where they are gaining ground, then make their move for a chance at a big one. it takes smarts to disect the play like that, willis and marshawn are basically idiots (altho i like lynch and would like him to stay to give us a stable) tt was brilliant at this, and in school spiller looks that way too.

If I had a dollar for every time that phrase was uttered on this board, I'd give Buffet a run.

The team FINALLY picks the most talented football player on the board - a guy who has absolutely zero question marks. Doesn't fumble. Is a dynamic playmaker regardless of scenario. Has tremendous vision. Doesn't need "Hall of Fame" level blocking. Isn't a douche bag off the field.

Pretty much the anti-Lynch.

He compares favorably with both Marshall Faulk and Chris Johnson. The first game changer in Orchard Park since Thurman's heyday.

This pick is a home run. Baluga, Claussen, or Williams were ALL reaches at 9.

I totally agree.

It amazes me how so many on this board wanted to take what appears to be a second round guy (Clausen) at number 9 or reach for a linemen. I too believe that you win at the line of scrimmage, but would rather take the best player available than reach several spots for a linemen.

I painfully read all of the posts criticizing our pick last night. It was funny to read so many posters use the phrases ""smurf," "gadget," or "toy."

Have any of you stood next to Thurman Thomas? Morevover, the fact of the matter is, we got a top 5 talent (at least) with the number 9 pick. The guy is multi-faceted and will contribute from day one.

Several of our picks in the past few years have been "reaches" and where did that get us? Our best pick last year was Bird (a best player available pick) and people on this board were screaming.

I am so happy with Buddy's approach to the draft. We are now collecting the best talent available according to our board. That is how you build a roster with elite NFL talent.

As a side note, I am so happy that we did not pick Clausen at number 9 given so many of the posts both before and after the draft. Some of the posts are Flutopian in nature. I would prefer not to have that circus. It is obvious the league does not consider him a first round guy.

If the Bills end up drafting Clausen in the second round, I will defer to Buddy because it is obvious from the first pick that they are staying true to their board. I would prefer one of the offensive or defensive tackles rather than Clausen (I would like to see what Chan can do with Trent), but I can live with it knowing that we got one of the most (if not the most) dynamic players in the draft and did not reach for Clausen or anyone else.

I totally agree.

It amazes me how so many on this board wanted to take what appears to be a second round guy (Clausen) at number 9 or reach for a linemen. I too believe that you win at the line of scrimmage, but would rather take the best player available than reach several spots for a linemen.

These are the same people who if Miami, NE, or NYJ had made a bold move to trade up and draft Spiller would be lamenting how Bills don't make any bold moves and how unstoppable Spiller will be in the division for the next 5-7 years.

These are the same people who if Miami, NE, or NYJ had made a bold move to trade up and draft Spiller would be lamenting how Bills don't make any bold moves and how unstoppable Spiller will be in the division for the next 5-7 years.

Exactly.